Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,048 members, 7,849,239 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 05:00 PM

Five Die, Seven Injured In Plateau Mine Collapse(photos) - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Five Die, Seven Injured In Plateau Mine Collapse(photos) (174 Views)

Namu Central Yam Market: Fire Razes Yam Market In Plateau (Pictures) / Jos Delight Holds Reception For Prospective Investors In Plateau (Photos, Video) / What Lead To The Collapse Of Your First Business? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Five Die, Seven Injured In Plateau Mine Collapse(photos) by Starpius1: 7:36am On Jan 30, 2023
Five persons have died and seven others injured when a mining pit collapsed on them in Rukku community in Barkin-Ladi Local Government Area of Plateau State.

The incident occurred on Saturday, January 28, 2023, when some local miners went to the mining site in the community to mine solid minerals.

It was gathered that the local miners were extracting minerals deposited some meters beneath the earthโ€™s surface when the pit suddenly collapsed on them, thereby forcing other miners at the site to abandon their work for rescue.

According to the Nigerian Tribune, five miners who died were deep inside the pit and therefore could not be rescued, while seven others at the surface were rescued alive but with various degrees of injuries.

A local miner who was part of the rescue team revealed that the incident happened at about 7:00 p.m as.... Continue reading at ๐Ÿ‘‡๐Ÿ‘‡๐Ÿ‘‡
https://www.slightgist.com.ng/five-die-seven-iโ€ฆau-mine-collapse/

Re: Five Die, Seven Injured In Plateau Mine Collapse(photos) by MatrixReloaded: 7:38am On Jan 30, 2023
There are safety measures before embarking on mine. It reminds me of some other incident at Peru where all miners got stuck for nearly months but they were all rescued alive
Reason because they have another space underneath where they seek for safe harbor
Re: Five Die, Seven Injured In Plateau Mine Collapse(photos) by God1000(m): 7:41am On Jan 30, 2023
Very risky thing to do
Re: Five Die, Seven Injured In Plateau Mine Collapse(photos) by nairalander2020(m): 7:58am On Jan 30, 2023
person go find food to chop naso him life end...
Re: Five Die, Seven Injured In Plateau Mine Collapse(photos) by superCleanworks(m): 10:35am On Jan 30, 2023
What were they mining.
our gold or what?

if this was legal then there should be a spokesperson for the mining company to answer questions over the death of so much people. But Nigeria is a place where anything goes.
all the illegal things happening in this country.

(1) (Reply)

When Will House Hunting In Nigeria Stop Being Hell? / When Will Nairaland Be Monetized ? / Let's Grow Your Business With The Best Online Advertising Company In Delhi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.