Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,010 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:56 AM

Mourinho: Osimhen Is On The Same Level With Drogba But Needs To Stop Diving - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Mourinho: Osimhen Is On The Same Level With Drogba But Needs To Stop Diving (24679 Views)

Victor Osimhen Is In The Same Level With Drogba , Needs To Stop Diving: Jose Mor / Oliseh: Ighalo Is Good, But Osimhen Is Exceptional Striker Who Can Get Better / Hazard Spending Time With Drogba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mourinho: Osimhen Is On The Same Level With Drogba But Needs To Stop Diving by Nemere2020: 8:02am On Jan 30, 2023
Roma Manager, Jose Mourinho believes Victor Osimhen is on the same level with former Chelsea striker, Didier Drogba.

Osimhen scored a sensational goal on Sunday night as Napoli defeated Roma 2-1 to extend their lead at the top of the log to 13 points.

The Nigeria international also scored a similar goal when both teams met earlier in the season at the Stadio Olimpico.

Speaking at a press conference after the game on Sunday night, Mourinho was asked about the comparison between Osimhen and Drogba.

“He is of the same level as Drogba, but Didier didn’t dive,” replied Mourinho.

“If Victor changes, then okay. I’d buy him if I was at a club with a lot of money. However, if he does go to England one day, he needs to change, because in Italy they put up with this sort of behaviour, whereas in the Premier League, they’d come down hard on him.”

Osimhen is currently the leading scorer in Serie A with 14 goals from 16 matches.

His compatriot, Ademola Lookman is second with 12 goals.

https://dailypost.ng/2023/01/30/serie-a-osimhen-on-same-level-with-drogba-needs-to-stop-diving-mourinho/

29 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Mourinho: Osimhen Is On The Same Level With Drogba But Needs To Stop Diving by WibusJaga: 8:05am On Jan 30, 2023

Which one be diving again? Abeg comot here with your bad belle. cheesy

173 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Mourinho: Osimhen Is On The Same Level With Drogba But Needs To Stop Diving by Illuminatiship(m): 8:05am On Jan 30, 2023
Drogba na Africa greatest

42 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Mourinho: Osimhen Is On The Same Level With Drogba But Needs To Stop Diving by Victorclean1: 8:11am On Jan 30, 2023
Is a compliment to Osimhen

63 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mourinho: Osimhen Is On The Same Level With Drogba But Needs To Stop Diving by chatinent: 8:11am On Jan 30, 2023
Osimhen is our own Ronaldo.

127 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Mourinho: Osimhen Is On The Same Level With Drogba But Needs To Stop Diving by decatalyst(m): 8:13am On Jan 30, 2023
Mourinho couldn't avoid acknowledging Osi is super hot!

And it would require lots of money to price him away.

71 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Mourinho: Osimhen Is On The Same Level With Drogba But Needs To Stop Diving by Nemere2020: 8:14am On Jan 30, 2023
I asked Jose Mourinho what he told Victor Osimhen on the sidelines:

“I told him, you’re a good player but you don’t always need to dive.”

“He’s a good player. I clapped for his goal from my seat.”

Mourinho: "The result of the game is negative, but I am confident. We played our best game of the season so far."

"Today we saw Napoli with the champion's star, I know it well because I've had it 8 times in my career. This year the belongs to them."

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mourinho: Osimhen Is On The Same Level With Drogba But Needs To Stop Diving by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:21am On Jan 30, 2023
That yesterday's goal by Osimhen was simply outta this world mehn!

He controlled the ball with his chest, kept it in play with his strong laps and ballooned it inside the net and the ball not touching the ground with all those touches!!!

Give it to him, the guy is a beast.

Highest Goal Scorer in Italy currently with 14 goals.

The run-away champions elect.

The Goal in pictures below.....

36 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Mourinho: Osimhen Is On The Same Level With Drogba But Needs To Stop Diving by ThatrealestApex: 8:22am On Jan 30, 2023
C
Re: Mourinho: Osimhen Is On The Same Level With Drogba But Needs To Stop Diving by lordkay10(m): 8:22am On Jan 30, 2023
Isn't Drogba himself the king of diving? cheesy

127 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Mourinho: Osimhen Is On The Same Level With Drogba But Needs To Stop Diving by Fedrick100: 8:23am On Jan 30, 2023
One thing I love about mou is he sabi scot players, i wish he could just come buy creative midfielder for Chelsea

7 Likes

Re: Mourinho: Osimhen Is On The Same Level With Drogba But Needs To Stop Diving by Dbegining: 8:23am On Jan 30, 2023
Na better advice them give Osimhen so.
Better take the advice.

Ask Dele Alli.

49 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Mourinho: Osimhen Is On The Same Level With Drogba But Needs To Stop Diving by HisGraceBet: 8:23am On Jan 30, 2023
Cha
Re: Mourinho: Osimhen Is On The Same Level With Drogba But Needs To Stop Diving by HisGraceBet: 8:23am On Jan 30, 2023
Chai
Re: Mourinho: Osimhen Is On The Same Level With Drogba But Needs To Stop Diving by FalseProphet1(m): 8:23am On Jan 30, 2023
I see Osimhen joining real Madrid next season.

This I have seen.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mourinho: Osimhen Is On The Same Level With Drogba But Needs To Stop Diving by zinaunreal(m): 8:23am On Jan 30, 2023
grin grin na water side boy

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mourinho: Osimhen Is On The Same Level With Drogba But Needs To Stop Diving by Skill9ja: 8:24am On Jan 30, 2023
embarassed
Re: Mourinho: Osimhen Is On The Same Level With Drogba But Needs To Stop Diving by aycapri(m): 8:24am On Jan 30, 2023
Nice play Osimhen

5 Likes

Re: Mourinho: Osimhen Is On The Same Level With Drogba But Needs To Stop Diving by Ikem11(m): 8:24am On Jan 30, 2023
The guy is good

3 Likes

Re: Mourinho: Osimhen Is On The Same Level With Drogba But Needs To Stop Diving by atheistandproud(m): 8:24am On Jan 30, 2023
Sour grapes José

3 Likes

Re: Mourinho: Osimhen Is On The Same Level With Drogba But Needs To Stop Diving by slipperyanus07: 8:24am On Jan 30, 2023
Osibobo carry go

4 Likes

Re: Mourinho: Osimhen Is On The Same Level With Drogba But Needs To Stop Diving by Chidozie4847(m): 8:24am On Jan 30, 2023
Mourinho just said the truth,osihmen is a good player but he needs to stop diving

20 Likes

Re: Mourinho: Osimhen Is On The Same Level With Drogba But Needs To Stop Diving by Profayo: 8:24am On Jan 30, 2023
Mourinho generally likes African strikers.
You don't expect him not to say something negative about an opposition player but believe me he like Osimhen alot, if he has money like he said, he will surely buy him

35 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Mourinho: Osimhen Is On The Same Level With Drogba But Needs To Stop Diving by INVINCIBLECSP1(m): 8:24am On Jan 30, 2023
This man and excuses

2 Likes

Re: Mourinho: Osimhen Is On The Same Level With Drogba But Needs To Stop Diving by CallmeTrinity: 8:25am On Jan 30, 2023
Very true... He is good but needs to stop the acting it's too much sometimes

17 Likes

Re: Mourinho: Osimhen Is On The Same Level With Drogba But Needs To Stop Diving by Houseofglam7(f): 8:25am On Jan 30, 2023
cool
Re: Mourinho: Osimhen Is On The Same Level With Drogba But Needs To Stop Diving by bigboluet(m): 8:25am On Jan 30, 2023
Thank you Jose. He can only get better with time.

3 Likes

Re: Mourinho: Osimhen Is On The Same Level With Drogba But Needs To Stop Diving by Livingstone124: 8:25am On Jan 30, 2023
Oshi do come to EPL

1 Like

Re: Mourinho: Osimhen Is On The Same Level With Drogba But Needs To Stop Diving by INTEGRITYA1(m): 8:25am On Jan 30, 2023
That's it
Re: Mourinho: Osimhen Is On The Same Level With Drogba But Needs To Stop Diving by tradepunter: 8:25am On Jan 30, 2023
Ok

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Qatar Vs Senegal: FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022. (1 - 3) On 25th Nov 2022 / Abramovich Was Not ‘directed’ To Buy Chelsea FC By Putin, Court Hears / 7 Deaths That Shocked Nigerian Football In 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.