Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,939 members, 7,814,179 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:34 AM

I Must Learn Spring Boot - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / I Must Learn Spring Boot (2455 Views)

Java Spring Boot Needed Urgently / Spring Boot Tutorial For Beginners / Experience Java/spring Boot Developer Needed In Microfinance Bank In Ibadan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Must Learn Spring Boot by Deicide: 11:30am On Jan 31, 2023
Something has never been this difficult for me to grasp. It is not just entering.

I thought that since spring boot does a lot for you, by abstracting a lot of stuff I'll just have to focus on the things that matter but still I am still not understanding anything. ๐Ÿ˜…

The reason I wanna learn spring-boot is to add a powerful framework for handling backends to my repository. But hmmm.....

Do we have spring boot Devs here?

1 Like

Re: I Must Learn Spring Boot by qtguru(m): 11:51am On Jan 31, 2023
Deicide:
Something has never been this difficult for me to grasp. It is not just entering.

I thought that since spring boot does a lot for you, by abstracting a lot of stuff I'll just have to focus on the things that matter but still I am still not understanding anything. ๐Ÿ˜…

The reason I wanna learn spring-boot is to add a powerful framework for handling backends to my repository. But hmmm.....

I did Spring boot in the past at ISW, nothing heavy, maybe I can assist to a degree, what about it ?

1 Like

Re: I Must Learn Spring Boot by Deicide: 1:05pm On Jan 31, 2023
qtguru:

I did Spring boot in the past at ISW, nothing heavy, maybe I can assist to a degree, what about it ?
Why did you stop and how did you learn it?
Re: I Must Learn Spring Boot by qtguru(m): 1:33pm On Jan 31, 2023
Deicide:
Why did you stop and how did you learn it?

I resigned from work, and move on to other stacks

2 Likes

Re: I Must Learn Spring Boot by jesmond3945: 1:48pm On Jan 31, 2023
Deicide:

Are you learning with the documentation?
Re: I Must Learn Spring Boot by Deicide: 2:01pm On Jan 31, 2023
jesmond3945:

Are you learning with the documentation?
Yes but am lost as it is somewhat scattered. Or maybe am looking at the wrong place.
Re: I Must Learn Spring Boot by Deicide: 2:02pm On Jan 31, 2023
qtguru:

I resigned from work, and move on to other stacks
It wasn't paying well? I would imagine that for a Spring Dev the salary should be quite high enough to cover the stress.
Re: I Must Learn Spring Boot by jesmond3945: 2:12pm On Jan 31, 2023
Deicide:
Yes but am lost as it is somewhat scattered. Or maybe am looking at the wrong place.
Is more like a guide and not structured but it gets you up and ready. I will say learn it with ๐Ÿ”‡some project in mind. However, are you proficient with java programming?
Spring just helps you with your Model, view and controller architecture

3 Likes

Re: I Must Learn Spring Boot by Deicide: 2:15pm On Jan 31, 2023
jesmond3945:

Is more like a guide and not structured but it gets you up and ready. I will say learn it with ๐Ÿ”‡some project in mind. However, are you proficient with java programming?
Spring just helps you with your Model, view and controller architecture
I am proficient with Java but for my learning I want to use Kotlin ๐Ÿ˜…
Re: I Must Learn Spring Boot by jesmond3945: 2:24pm On Jan 31, 2023
Deicide:
okay there is a particular guide for kotlin there
Re: I Must Learn Spring Boot by Alphabyte1: 2:37pm On Jan 31, 2023
Deicide:

You build your spring boot web apps with Java or Kotlin using spring boot initializr
Re: I Must Learn Spring Boot by qtguru(m): 2:41pm On Jan 31, 2023
Deicide:
It wasn't paying well? I would imagine that for a Spring Dev the salary should be quite high enough to cover the stress.

it was a Naira salary then
Re: I Must Learn Spring Boot by Luckydonalds(m): 3:09pm On Jan 31, 2023
qtguru:

I've a graduate trainee video interview with them tomorrow Sir, any valuable tips?
I'd be graduating in June/July and I only have a surface understanding of Spring boot.

1 Like

Re: I Must Learn Spring Boot by Luckydonalds(m): 3:14pm On Jan 31, 2023
OP, learn Spring framework (Spring Core, Spring Data, Spring security, Spring Cloud, Servlets, JDBC and Hibernate) first before moving on to Spring boot. Spring boot relies so much on annotations and abstractions which Spring would open your eyes to with XML configurations. You'd need to understand how the spring application context is initialised and how spring beans are managed by the application context. Also, dependency injection and inversion of control should be your best friends.

2 Likes

Re: I Must Learn Spring Boot by qtguru(m): 3:37pm On Jan 31, 2023
Luckydonalds:
OP, learn Spring framework (Spring Core, Spring Data, Spring security, Spring Cloud, Servlets, JDBC and Hibernate) first before moving on to Spring boot. Spring boot relies so much on annotations and abstractions which Spring would open your eyes to with XML configurations. You'd need to understand how the spring application context is initialised and how spring beans are managed by the application context. Also, dependency injection and inversion of control should be your best friends.

Exactly Spring boot Auto-scanning and bean configuration, Read this book by Manning OP Spring boot in Action.

Note: I was told Spring boot adopted Servlet API, but I think some aspect where Servlet is exposed, like Filter chain. I used this package Quartz, SimpleJDBC Stored Procedure, Jackson. I really enjoyed Spring so much, It made no sense writing PHP. Interswitch exposed me to alot, with docker, you can fire multiple instances. Follow this man on Twitter Alex Adeyemo, he built an SSO for Interswitch.

2 Likes

Re: I Must Learn Spring Boot by Kvngfrosh(m): 4:31pm On Jan 31, 2023
Deicide:

Yh sure.

1 Like

Re: I Must Learn Spring Boot by Kvngfrosh(m): 4:37pm On Jan 31, 2023
Deicide:

Read this book: โ€œSpring boot start hereโ€

2 Likes

Re: I Must Learn Spring Boot by Deicide: 4:38pm On Jan 31, 2023
Alphabyte1:

You build your spring boot web apps with Java or Kotlin using spring boot initializr
I know how to setup project ๐Ÿ™ƒ

1 Like

Re: I Must Learn Spring Boot by Deicide: 4:40pm On Jan 31, 2023
Kvngfrosh:

Read this book: โ€œSpring boot start hereโ€
omo that book is expensive I don't have the money now. To spend that amount on a book
Re: I Must Learn Spring Boot by Deicide: 4:46pm On Jan 31, 2023
Luckydonalds:

This was actually the path I wanted to follow. Though I am already conversant with JDBC and servelet. But the idea is that I would have learnt all this for nothing though I'll understand how things work. But those knowledge wouldn't be required when working with spring boot cause of abstraction. Also most companies use Spring Boot instead of just Spring if am making any sense.
Re: I Must Learn Spring Boot by qtguru(m): 5:39pm On Jan 31, 2023
Luckydonalds:

I've a graduate trainee video interview with them tomorrow Sir, any valuable tips?
I'd be graduating in June/July and I only have a surface understanding of Spring boot.

Baelung is your guy when it comes to Spring, and watch alot of Youtube, Spring is mostly plain Java Objects and annotation, I found Laravel to be complex than Spring Boot, once i covered the basic of Spring, it was easy to use for work. but I'm no Spring boot expert.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35EQXmHKZYs

Always search for anything on Youtube, Youtube has most of the answers placed here.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Must Learn Spring Boot by Alphabyte1: 6:25pm On Jan 31, 2023
Deicide:
I know how to setup project ๐Ÿ™ƒ

Take a look at the repo at the link

https://www.nairaland.com/7385642/spring-boot-tutorial-beginners#120531792
Re: I Must Learn Spring Boot by sensepad: 11:06pm On Jan 31, 2023
Spring Boot isn't quite hard to master, it's the time for it that matters.
Learning a skill is the new gold, esp if you want to relocate abroad.

Interested in founding a tech startup in Europe to make your relocation easier? lets twitter via @buukstay
Re: I Must Learn Spring Boot by Deicide: 11:54am On Feb 13, 2023
So far so good, Spring is not as difficult as I thought. Infact I m wondering why people don't use it much as compared to Nodejs. It's way more performant and scales way more Better!

1 Like

Re: I Must Learn Spring Boot by qtguru(m): 1:04pm On Feb 13, 2023
Deicide:
So far so good, Spring is not as difficult as I thought. Infact I m wondering why people don't use it much as compared to Nodejs. It's way more performant and scales way more Better!

See it's easier than Laravel as far as I am concerned. Plain Old Java and nothing else

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Must Learn Spring Boot by Deicide: 2:24pm On Feb 13, 2023
qtguru:

See it's easier than Laravel as far as I am concerned. Plain Old Java and nothing else
Haha laravel, I don't know if I'll ever touch that grin
Re: I Must Learn Spring Boot by richebony: 6:48pm On Feb 13, 2023
Deicide:

Depends on the use case, yea maybe for services that involve lots of extensive computation, but nodejs single-threaded non-blocking approach makes it somewhat more performant than the traditional REST spring-boot [Springweb running on an embedded tomcat ] except you want to integrate other spring projects like SpringWebflux or SpringBatch.
Re: I Must Learn Spring Boot by Nastydroid(m): 8:57pm On Feb 22, 2023
Deicide:
omo that book is expensive I don't have the money now. To spend that amount on a book
drop your mail or dm let me forward the book
Re: I Must Learn Spring Boot by Deicide: 9:39pm On Feb 22, 2023
Nastydroid:
drop your mail or dm let me forward the book
mrlectus@tutanota.com thank you.
Re: I Must Learn Spring Boot by Nastydroid(m): 10:01pm On Feb 22, 2023
Deicide:
thank you.
done
Re: I Must Learn Spring Boot by Olamyyde(m): 6:32pm On Feb 23, 2023
I'm a junior java developer that has been using spring boot for about 1 year and 8 months now. It was really challenging learning it at the beginning. Everything just seemed so complicated. A lot of tutorials and articles teaching are outdated online. Spring security is literally one of the most complicated things I've ever had to learn. Documentation and tutorials on it are not straightforward at all. Another problem I have with spring is the errors you see on your console, they can be hard to read and understand at times.

4 Likes

Re: I Must Learn Spring Boot by Kvngfrosh(m): 12:01am On Feb 24, 2023
Olamyyde:
I'm a junior java developer that has been using spring boot for about 1 year and 8 months now. It was really challenging learning it at the beginning. Everything just seemed so complicated. A lot of tutorials and articles teaching are outdated online. Spring security is literally one of the most complicated things I've ever had to learn. Documentation and tutorials on it are not straightforward at all. Another problem I have with spring is the errors you see on your console, they can be hard to read and understand at times.
Iโ€™m also a junior Java developer and from my personal experience, the easiest way to understand the Spring framework is by reading books.
Manning has several books on the Spring framework. Pertaining security, you should definitely read Spring Security in action.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

System Requirement For A Programmer / What's Crunchbase.com About? / Kotlin / JAVA For Android Development

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.