Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,901 members, 7,810,465 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:30 AM

My Unfortunate Experience With Geegpay Africa - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / My Unfortunate Experience With Geegpay Africa (12768 Views)

Nigeria Has The Most Unfortunate Set Of Poor People On Earth / How To Create And Verify Geegpay Account, Step By Step Guide (UPDATED)2023 / I Just Realized That I Work For Geegpay (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Unfortunate Experience With Geegpay Africa by Rumplesteelskin: 9:06pm On Jan 31, 2023
I made this post to inform anyone that may be interested in opening an account with Geegpay and to see if there are others like me willing to share their stories. It might just be 1 out of 10 kinds of cases, but the choice is yours at the end of the day.

I have been working remotely for about six years now, and I have used a different kind of payment channel. I have used TransferWise, Payoneer, and bank wire and decided to try out Geegpay because of the flexibility, and here is my story.

My Geegpay account with a virtual USD setup, which had a balance of $52, became inaccessible to me. It was as if I never had an account there, and their support hasn't helped tell me what happened to my account or how to get my money back.

I opened an account with GeegPay around August 2022, and got successfully verified around November 2022. Since then, I have been using the account to receive my biweekly payment from my employer. This account began receiving payments on November 23, 2022 and continued until January 6, 2023. 

Before the last credit transaction, I kept a balance of $152.98 in the virtual dollar account for the first time and withdrew the big sum, Thank goodness I did. I usually don't keep anything at all because of stories like this, but I had to because of some Aliexpress purchase I wanted to make and, I had hoped to use their virtual card, which also didn't work, even before my account disappeared. 

I changed $50 twice and withdrew the Naira equivalent. On the second withdrawal, I noticed the money was getting reversed to the Geegpay naira account until I tried with another local bank account of mine, First Bank, and it was successful. Now, I am left with $52.98 as a balance. I reached out to their support to inform them of the reversal issue before I tried the First Bank alternative, and as usual, they were not helpful.

The baffling part is that I reached out to their support for help with the reversal issue on January 12, 2023, which they weren't helpful with, and I advised the CS rep, Adepeju, to stop using canned messages and try to be more helpful to customers by improving his product knowledge, and my account became inaccessible to my knowledge on January 17. Perhaps the unsolicited advice wasn't received well, Naim the guy gba mi ni disable... Lol. It will be unfortunate, though, if that's the case with a company like Geegpay.

My login details stopped working without making any changes to them. I also couldn't reset the password because it said "Resource with given detail not found," which means the user doesn't exist. After contacting support and trying to help, I was told the issue had been escalated and that I will get a response within 1 - 2 business days. That time has passed with no response. In fact, the ticket was closed with no solution to my account being inaccessible or having access to my funds. I just received a survey prompt to rate their service... Lol

I wrote to their support again and copied (CC) CBN, EFCC, and ICPC and it is 12 days today as of the time of writing this, and no response from the above. I'm not sure if this is not fraudulent enough to get a response or if I'm missing something.

I've decided to keep this here for anyone who is interested in the Geegpay service and would be wise to do their homework before depositing their salary or payment into an account that can disappear at any time without notice or explanation.

I'm thankful I didn't keep more than that. It would have been really painful. Knowing how Nigeria works, the money is gone.

May Nigeria not happen to us! Amen!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Unfortunate Experience With Geegpay Africa by xpiranza88: 9:12pm On Jan 31, 2023
Ok
Re: My Unfortunate Experience With Geegpay Africa by yamali: 10:16am On Feb 05, 2023
My problem with geegpay now is that they suddenly asked for proof of address and other details. They won't let me even see my dashboard. This is annoying because previously I had used my NIN slip as proof of address and they accepted it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Unfortunate Experience With Geegpay Africa by GeneralSage: 4:59am On Feb 11, 2023
I successfully opened an account with them last December. But I just don't know what's happening to their website these days. To open an account has became a war. They will tell you to confirm your mail with token sent to the mail, and it's either they send nothing or expired token is being sent. This happened to my wife and sister. Seems there's an issue with the website.

1 Like

Re: My Unfortunate Experience With Geegpay Africa by Rumplesteelskin: 1:51pm On Feb 21, 2023
Update: In summary and conclusion, on January 31st, when I heard what GTB did to some of their dorm users, automatically converting their dollars to naira... Lol. As a result, I decided to start a new thread and copied the relevant authorities once more. On February 1, I got a response from one Abimbola, and after a few exchanges, I was told to wait for another 3 working days, which took 10 working days.

On February 14, I got an email informing me that my account was actually deleted, and they provided no reason why and asked if they should reactivate the account. Of course, reactivate it and let me clear out my money. I also inquired as to why the account was deleted, but received no response; instead, I received an email informing me that my account had been activated. I was able to log in, convert, and withdraw the balance. Somebody shout Hallelujah!... Lol. I asked again after withdrawal, and till now, I have gotten no response as to why my account was suddenly deleted without notice or violating any of their terms and conditions.

Remember how I said in the first post that it was likely someone on the team deleted my account? I guess that theory is on point. It shows how unsecure customers' data and funds are if an undisciplined team member can access a company's admin panel or user database and just delete a user account. If an account can be deleted by a team member, that means your balance can also disappear. So pe otilo... Lol

If I eventually get a response as to why my account was deleted with no just cause, I will still update the thread. Thank you!

3 Likes

Re: My Unfortunate Experience With Geegpay Africa by allandutch: 2:06pm On Feb 21, 2023
GeegPay's customer service is the most useless customer service among all the fintech companies I've used. Sometimes they'll completely ignore your messages.

3 Likes

Re: My Unfortunate Experience With Geegpay Africa by yamali: 2:26pm On Feb 21, 2023
Rumplesteelskin:
Update: In summary and conclusion, on January 31st, when I heard what GTB did to some of their dorm users, automatically converting their dollars to naira... Lol. As a result, I decided to start a new thread and copied the relevant authorities once more. On February 1, I got a response from one Abimbola, and after a few exchanges, I was told to wait for another 3 working days, which took 10 working days.

On February 14, I got an email informing me that my account was actually deleted, and they provided no reason why and asked if they should reactivate the account. Of course, reactivate it and let me clear out my money. I also inquired as to why the account was deleted, but received no response; instead, I received an email informing me that my account had been activated. I was able to log in, convert, and withdraw the balance. Somebody shout Hallelujah!...

Thanks for the update bro. As for me, I uploaded statement of account as proof of address. It was accepted. My account is working well now.

3 Likes

Re: My Unfortunate Experience With Geegpay Africa by udemzeus(m): 4:16pm On Jun 09, 2023
Meehn I just don't trust them
Re: My Unfortunate Experience With Geegpay Africa by roxguy: 9:45pm On Jun 09, 2023
Rumplesteelskin:

On February 14, I got an email informing me that my account was actually deleted, and they provided no reason why and asked if they should reactivate the account. Of course, reactivate it and let me clear out my money. I also inquired as to why the account was deleted, but received no response; instead, I received an email informing me that my account had been activated. I was able to log in, convert, and withdraw the balance. Somebody shout Hallelujah!... Lol. I asked again after withdrawal, and till now, I have gotten no response as to why my account was suddenly deleted without notice or violating any of their terms and conditions.

Remember how I said in the first post that it was likely someone on the team deleted my account? I guess that theory is on point. It shows how unsecure customers' data and funds are if an undisciplined team member can access a company's admin panel or user database and just delete a user account. If an account can be deleted by a team member, that means your balance can also disappear. So pe otilo... Lol

If I eventually get a response as to why my account was deleted with no just cause, I will still update the thread. Thank you!

So Op having read your stories through, can you still recommend them?
Re: My Unfortunate Experience With Geegpay Africa by Rumplesteelskin: 11:49pm On Jun 09, 2023
roxguy:

So Op having read your stories through, can you still recommend them?

As mentioned earlier, my case was probably a one time thing. I still use the account any time I can't wait 2 days for funds to clear with my Polaris Dorm account.

The key thing here is to convert and withdraw immediately your funds clear. Keep no balance!

1 Like

Re: My Unfortunate Experience With Geegpay Africa by Theophinio(m): 4:18pm On Jun 12, 2023
Rumplesteelskin:

As mentioned earlier, my case was probably a one time thing. I still use the account any time I can't wait 2 days for funds to clear with my Polaris Dorm account.

The key thing here is to convert and withdraw immediately your funds clear. Keep no balance!

Can I use it directly on my Amazon Kindle publishing as my bank account.

Payoneer is saying I must have $50 before they will generate my ACH US bank account

1 Like

Re: My Unfortunate Experience With Geegpay Africa by roxguy: 9:00pm On Jun 12, 2023
Rumplesteelskin:

Thanks for the info

1 Like

Re: My Unfortunate Experience With Geegpay Africa by Rumplesteelskin: 10:45pm On Jun 14, 2023
Theophinio:

Payoneer is saying I must have $50 before they will generate my ACH US bank account

It's a virtual dollar account, so I guess you can do that. Do some research to know more, please.
Re: My Unfortunate Experience With Geegpay Africa by Theophinio(m): 12:08am On Jun 15, 2023
Rumplesteelskin:

It's a virtual dollar account, so I guess you can do that. Do some research to know more, please.

Yes, it is

I have done my research

You can directly link it with your Amazon kdp account

1 Like

Re: My Unfortunate Experience With Geegpay Africa by Dohoji: 6:57am On Jun 15, 2023
How reliable is geepay Africa as of now?
Re: My Unfortunate Experience With Geegpay Africa by Jamal64: 1:46am On Jul 13, 2023
Please how did this end? They are currently wiped my $500 from my virtual card. Where you able to get yours back?

Rumplesteelskin:
I made this post to inform anyone that may be interested in opening an account with Geegpay and to see if there are others like me willing to share their stories. It might just be 1 out of 10 kinds of cases, but the choice is yours at the end of the day.

I have been working remotely for about six years now, and I have used a different kind of payment channel. I have used TransferWise, Payoneer, and bank wire and decided to try out Geegpay because of the flexibility, and here is my story.

My Geegpay account with a virtual USD setup, which had a balance of $52, became inaccessible to me. It was as if I never had an account there, and their support hasn't helped tell me what happened to my account or how to get my money back.

I opened an account with GeegPay around August 2022, and got successfully verified around November 2022. Since then, I have been using the account to receive my biweekly payment from my employer. This account began receiving payments on November 23, 2022 and continued until January 6, 2023. 

Before the last credit transaction, I kept a balance of $152.98 in the virtual dollar account for the first time and withdrew the big sum, Thank goodness I did. I usually don't keep anything at all because of stories like this, but I had to because of some Aliexpress purchase I wanted to make and, I had hoped to use their virtual card, which also didn't work, even before my account disappeared. 

I changed $50 twice and withdrew the Naira equivalent. On the second withdrawal, I noticed the money was getting reversed to the Geegpay naira account until I tried with another local bank account of mine, First Bank, and it was successful. Now, I am left with $52.98 as a balance. I reached out to their support to inform them of the reversal issue before I tried the First Bank alternative, and as usual, they were not helpful.

The baffling part is that I reached out to their support for help with the reversal issue on January 12, 2023, which they weren't helpful with, and I advised the CS rep, Adepeju, to stop using canned messages and try to be more helpful to customers by improving his product knowledge, and my account became inaccessible to my knowledge on January 17. Perhaps the unsolicited advice wasn't received well, Naim the guy gba mi ni disable... Lol. It will be unfortunate, though, if that's the case with a company like Geegpay.

My login details stopped working without making any changes to them. I also couldn't reset the password because it said "Resource with given detail not found," which means the user doesn't exist. After contacting support and trying to help, I was told the issue had been escalated and that I will get a response within 1 - 2 business days. That time has passed with no response. In fact, the ticket was closed with no solution to my account being inaccessible or having access to my funds. I just received a survey prompt to rate their service... Lol

I wrote to their support again and copied (CC) CBN, EFCC, and ICPC and it is 12 days today as of the time of writing this, and no response from the above. I'm not sure if this is not fraudulent enough to get a response or if I'm missing something.

I've decided to keep this here for anyone who is interested in the Geegpay service and would be wise to do their homework before depositing their salary or payment into an account that can disappear at any time without notice or explanation.

I'm thankful I didn't keep more than that. It would have been really painful. Knowing how Nigeria works, the money is gone.

May Nigeria not happen to us! Amen!
Re: My Unfortunate Experience With Geegpay Africa by Rumplesteelskin: 8:14am On Jul 13, 2023
Jamal64:
Please how did this end? They are currently wiped my $500 from my virtual card. Where you able to get yours back?

Yes, after writing their support a few times. Their card services isn't reliable. Write them with proof as much as you can.
Re: My Unfortunate Experience With Geegpay Africa by Jamal64: 6:40pm On Jul 13, 2023
Can you send me the email address of the institution you cc in your email?
Rumplesteelskin:

Yes, after writing their support a few times. Their card services isn't reliable. Write them with proof as much as you can.
Re: My Unfortunate Experience With Geegpay Africa by thisishiphophq(m): 1:16am On Nov 24, 2023
Payoneer na usel*ss fintech company. Avoid am abeg.
Theophinio:

Re: My Unfortunate Experience With Geegpay Africa by piscolin(m): 5:28pm On Nov 27, 2023
I withdraw money ($3K+) from payoneer to Geegpay since Friday only for me to be waiting for the money to reflect in my USD balance. I now saw that the fund showing "UNDER REVIEW" since Friday. I tried to reach out to their customer support through email, live chat and on twitter but to my own surprise I didn't get any response since that Friday.

Who has experience this before? and what are the steps to take for me to get my money?

This is my first time using the website....
Re: My Unfortunate Experience With Geegpay Africa by A305: 10:08pm On Nov 27, 2023
piscolin:
I withdraw money ($3K+) from payoneer to Geegpay since Friday only for me to be waiting for the money to reflect in my USD balance. I now saw that the fund showing "UNDER REVIEW" since Friday. I tried to reach out to their customer support through email, live chat and on twitter but to my own surprise I didn't get any response since that Friday.

Who has experience this before? and what are the steps to take for me to get my money?

Give it 3 business days to receive funds and secondly, 3k for first payment could be considered suspicious activity.
Re: My Unfortunate Experience With Geegpay Africa by Rumplesteelskin: 11:48pm On Nov 27, 2023
piscolin:

A305:
Give it 3 business days to receive funds and secondly, 3k for first payment could be considered suspicious activity.

Exactly. That much money will take some time to clear for the first time. You should receive notification by tomorrow.
Re: My Unfortunate Experience With Geegpay Africa by Agoziemdollars0: 3:42pm On Dec 03, 2023
Where you finally paid?? Cz I want to use them as well if they are legit
Re: My Unfortunate Experience With Geegpay Africa by yungboss(m): 12:35pm On Dec 04, 2023
good day,

so sorry about the experiences you guys have had.

I 'm trying to open a geepay account and it isn't 'saving'. Please what other online account can I use for usd transactions and access virtual card services? The experience from you guys isn't encouraging.

Thank you.
Re: My Unfortunate Experience With Geegpay Africa by JsScript: 11:17pm On Dec 26, 2023
yungboss:
good day,

I 'm trying to open a geepay account and it isn't 'saving'. Please what other online account can I use for usd transactions and access virtual card services? The experience from you guys isn't encouraging.

Thank you.

Good day, were you able to open an account with them. I'm currently having same issues
Re: My Unfortunate Experience With Geegpay Africa by Rumplesteelskin: 11:53pm On Dec 26, 2023
JsScript:

Good day, were you able to open an account with them. I'm currently having same issues

Grey and Chipper Cash are the alternatives, but Grey verification can be crazy sometimes too.

yungboss:
good day,

Thank you.

Sorry, I missed this. Hope you have figured something out…

1 Like

Re: My Unfortunate Experience With Geegpay Africa by yungboss(m): 7:06pm On Jan 12
Rumplesteelskin:

Grey and Chipper Cash are the alternatives, but Grey verification can be crazy sometimes too.

yea sorted, thanks.

1 Like

Re: My Unfortunate Experience With Geegpay Africa by yungboss(m): 7:07pm On Jan 12
JsScript:

i was able to...
Re: My Unfortunate Experience With Geegpay Africa by Collinsemegreat(m): 10:04pm On Feb 17
Rumplesteelskin:

How do I link my local bank account in grey?
Re: My Unfortunate Experience With Geegpay Africa by idrizjaffah: 8:45am On Feb 28
Please have been trying to contact Geegpay but there refuse tk reply my mail I sent to them. My brother sent me £115 to my Pound account but it’s still showing Await Refund. Please if you app is a scam please refund back the money since Geegpay has refuse to reply my mail. The following message has been sent to 7 people Central Bank of Nigeria, EFCC, ICPC, FBI investigation and others.

Re: My Unfortunate Experience With Geegpay Africa by Daspokeslady(f): 8:25pm On Mar 15
Good evening everyone
Well, they took all the funds in my card since December last year and ever since I can not use their service but I wrote a mail to them warning them.

If I can get about 50-100 freelancers who are having terrible experiences with them, happy to write this story and have it published in one of the dailies by the end of next month.

The fact that there are no labour laws that protect freelancers does not mean they should be mistreated.

2 Likes

Re: My Unfortunate Experience With Geegpay Africa by Innovastra: 11:12am On Mar 22

(1) (2) (Reply)

Soap Making Business Nigeria / Reps To Investigate ATM Charges By Banks- Punch / EdupreneurNg : How to grow your school

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.