Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,545 members, 7,816,324 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:33 AM

Stay Away From Green Africa Airline. Their Promos are illegal soft LOANS! - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Stay Away From Green Africa Airline. Their Promos are illegal soft LOANS! (2431 Views)

Flying Green Africa Airways For The First Time And A Review Of Akure Airport / Green Africa Airline Ticket Booking Is A Scam / Babawande Afolabi Launches Green Africa Airline, Acquires New Airplanes (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stay Away From Green Africa Airline. Their Promos are illegal soft LOANS! by TEADRO1: 8:59pm On Feb 01, 2023
Green African is currently looking like a scam. They offer flight promotions and cheap flights from time to time.
This is the third cancellation in 4 months.
You book a month or more and feel relaxed you have your travel plan scheduled.
What do you get just 4 days (from 3 encounters an avg of 4 days) to the flight date? You'll get:

" Dear *** ***, Due to operational reasons, your flight 322 from LOS to PHC scheduled for 0* Feb 2023 03:05 PM is unable to operate as planned. We apologize for any inconvenience this might cause you. Please contact us at gCare@greenafrica.com or 0700GREENAFRICA (0700-47336-237422) to reschedule or re-route your flights. Thanks for your understanding. gCare "

Now here is the joke. You call their service center and get a voice telling you to go - http://refunds.greenafrica.com/ . A dedicated site to enter a lengthy list of information about your canceled flight so you can get your money in 20 WORKING DAYS! That's not all, you are mandated by the call center that you need to call them back and update them on submitting your refund form cos the request can lay there on their server gathering internet dust.

Do the maths. 40 days holding your money thinking you have a booking flight and 20 days still holding your funds begging for a refund. That's a soft loan without interest. Ask around most of the flights were never prepared internally. most times you wait for 2 months.

They have borrowed so much from the banks. Now, we the innocent passengers are their current victims. Why do we take this scam and let airlines take advantage of the Nigerian-Airline regulatory policy's lax attitude towards standards?

Does anyone in the house have the same challenge here?

2 Likes

Re: Stay Away From Green Africa Airline. Their Promos are illegal soft LOANS! by Kosoco(m): 9:09pm On Feb 01, 2023
Op.... Have you got your refund. Cos what I got was a coupon for 50% off for next time I will use there flight.... NCAA no get respect for its citizens if not that Kabu kabu would not have be in Nigeria Airspace

1 Like

Re: Stay Away From Green Africa Airline. Their Promos are illegal soft LOANS! by Buharidgeneral: 9:12pm On Feb 01, 2023
Punchline; soft loan without interest.
I followed them Xmas last year to and fro Lagos but they were on point though with some sketches .
Sorry about your predicament

1 Like

Re: Stay Away From Green Africa Airline. Their Promos are illegal soft LOANS! by TEADRO1: 3:09pm On Feb 02, 2023
Kosoco:
Op.... Have you got your refund. Cos what I got was a coupon for 50% off for next time I will use there flight.... NCAA no get respect for its citizens if not that Kabu kabu would not have be in Nigeria Airspace

No. My 'loan' to Green African mature in the next 19 days.
Re: Stay Away From Green Africa Airline. Their Promos are illegal soft LOANS! by Paul2311: 11:45am On Feb 03, 2023
Not to worry, there are many more airlines. Check what flights are available at [url]flightscanner.com.ng[/url] as far as I know they check prices with all the airlines.

TEADRO1:
Green African is currently looking like a scam. They offer flight promotions and cheap flights from time to time.
This is the third cancellation in 4 months.
You book a month or more and feel relaxed you have your travel plan scheduled.
What do you get just 4 days (from 3 encounters an avg of 4 days) to the flight date? You'll get:

" Dear *** ***, Due to operational reasons, your flight 322 from LOS to PHC scheduled for 0* Feb 2023 03:05 PM is unable to operate as planned. We apologize for any inconvenience this might cause you. Please contact us at gCare@greenafrica.com or 0700GREENAFRICA (0700-47336-237422) to reschedule or re-route your flights. Thanks for your understanding. gCare "

Now here is the joke. You call their service center and get a voice telling you to go - http://refunds.greenafrica.com/ . A dedicated site to enter a lengthy list of information about your canceled flight so you can get your money in 20 WORKING DAYS! That's not all, you are mandated by the call center that you need to call them back and update them on submitting your refund form cos the request can lay there on their server gathering internet dust.

Do the maths. 40 days holding your money thinking you have a booking flight and 20 days still holding your funds begging for a refund. That's a soft loan without interest. Ask around most of the flights were never prepared internally. most times you wait for 2 months.

They have borrowed so much from the banks. Now, we the innocent passengers are their current victims. Why do we take this scam and let airlines take advantage of the Nigerian-Airline regulatory policy's lax attitude towards standards?

Does anyone in the house have the same challenge here?
Re: Stay Away From Green Africa Airline. Their Promos are illegal soft LOANS! by TEADRO1: 3:43pm On Apr 10, 2023
Today is April 10, 2023. I have not gotten my money.

GREEN AFRICA STOP SCAMMING PEOPLE!!!

GO TO THE BANKS TO GET LOANS.

STOP SENDING (VERY LOW PRICE) PROMO TO GET 'ACCUMULATED SOFT LOANS' FROM INNOCENT PASSENGERS!!!
Re: Stay Away From Green Africa Airline. Their Promos are illegal soft LOANS! by TEADRO1: 3:48pm On Apr 10, 2023
Kosoco:

NO.
THEY OWE ME:
1ST
N44,500 FOR - P8634T Ref Ticket number

Will paste other tickets they owe for over 4 months. It's a trend.
Re: Stay Away From Green Africa Airline. Their Promos are illegal soft LOANS! by TEADRO1: 3:50pm On Apr 10, 2023
2ND
N37,501 FOR - XDCLYX Ref Ticket number
Re: Stay Away From Green Africa Airline. Their Promos are illegal soft LOANS! by TEADRO1: 3:58pm On Apr 10, 2023
MORE TICKETS COMING...

Bought them on different occasions.
Same scamming method.

My colleagues complain the same.
Bombard our mailboxes with Promo offers, cancel the flight the next day, and be in a queue to get your money back.
They use the LOAN , your money to run their business interest-free.
21 working days have turned to 4 months minimum.

(1) (Reply)

Help Me.. Any Nigerian In Sao Tome And Principe / Sweden Master Application 2018 / Throwback :logos To London Plane Ticket Cost N296(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.