Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,134 members, 7,849,551 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 12:24 AM

I Am In A Dilemma..ican Exam Or A Degree First - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / I Am In A Dilemma..ican Exam Or A Degree First (204 Views)

I Am In A Dilemma Here, Please Help Me Decide! / My Sister's Dilemma On Secondary School Sex Immoralities / Can I Work And Pursue A Degree At The Same Time? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Am In A Dilemma..ican Exam Or A Degree First by Covenant97(m): 8:33am On Feb 02, 2023
Good morning Nairalanders.

Yesterday, myself and the husband to my cousin sister (both and their kid just relocated to the United state on the 25th of December last year) had a chat via WhatsApp therein a conversation came in where he asked if I have started ICAN (I am an accounting student currently in level 300 second semester with a cgpa of 4.45 in one the top federal university in Nigeria) of which I replied “No”

Thereafter, he advice I should start now that he will personally take up all the expenses till I qualified after I must have make enquiry and give a report to him on the process and cost of registration.But the issue is this,

* I plan on starting during NYSC as I am almost done with my degree and moreover,I don’t see myself qualifying before I graduate so I see no reason to want to start this journey.

* The extra work load this would have on me combining a degree program with it, is something I am not ready to handle at this point.

* lastly, starting now will means commencing from foundation level. Although ,I have a National diploma certificate from kaduna polytechnic with a distinction in accounting as this might allow me to start from ATS 3 given that the polytechnic I graduated from is ICAN accredited...

The above are the reason behind me not wanting to start this ICAN journey which I plan on telling him..

The caveat here is,I do not want him to start seeing me as being unserious or non appreciative of the fact that he is ready to help me and here I am giving him excuses.

I believe this would be a win situation for both parties cos I will be more prepared and focus if I am to write the exam when I want to(during NYSC) saving him money and time Compared to failing as a result of being force to start the exam now Couple with other factors I have pointed out above...

What’s would you suggest I do in this position.
Re: I Am In A Dilemma..ican Exam Or A Degree First by olamidedivotee: 8:46am On Feb 02, 2023
Covenant97:
Good morning Nairalanders.

Yesterday, myself and the husband to my cousin sister (both and their kid just relocated to the United state on the 25th of December last year) had a chat via WhatsApp therein a conversation came in where he asked if I have started ICAN (I am an accounting student currently in level 300 second semester with a cgpa of 4.45 in one the top federal university in Nigeria) of which I replied “No”

Thereafter, he advice I should start now that he will personally take up all the expenses till I qualified after I must have make enquiry and give a report to him on the process and cost of registration.But the issue is this,

* I plan on starting during NYSC as I am almost done with my degree and moreover,I don’t see myself qualifying before I graduate so I see no reason to want to start this journey.

* The extra work load this would have on me combining a degree program with it, is something I am not ready to handle at this point.

* lastly, starting now will means commencing from foundation level. Although ,I have a National diploma certificate from kaduna polytechnic with a distinction in accounting as this might allow me to start from ATS 3 given that the polytechnic I graduated from is ICAN accredited...

The above are the reason behind me not wanting to start this ICAN journey which I plan on telling him..

The caveat here is,I do not want him to start seeing me as being unserious or non appreciative of the fact that he is ready to help me and here I am giving him excuses.

I believe this would be a win situation for both parties cos I will be more prepared and focus if I am to write the exam when I want to(during NYSC) saving him money and time Compared to failing as a result of being force to start the exam now Couple with other factors I have pointed out above...

What’s would you suggest I do in this position.

Start ICAN after graduation, don't kill yourself with too much load.

Time is still on your side if you are still less than 30 years.

In case anyone needs a quality content writer, kindly check my signature for contact details.

(1) (Reply)

Devil On The Cross By Ngugi Wa Thiong'o - Plot Summary And Analysis / Get All Certification Exam With The Guarantee Of Success / 7 Effective Ways To Keep The Kitchen Clean Quickly And Effectively

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.