Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,418 members, 7,815,938 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:36 PM

Two Men Sentenced To Life Imprisonment For Raping 14-year-old Girl In Ekiti - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Two Men Sentenced To Life Imprisonment For Raping 14-year-old Girl In Ekiti (15482 Views)

Ogun Pastor Israel Adebayo Arrested For Raping 14-Year-Old Church Choir Member / 47-Year-Old Man Jailed For Life For Raping 14-Year-Old Stepdaughter In Calabar / Happiness Nwokocha Declared Wanted By Police For Raping 14-Year-Old Boy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Two Men Sentenced To Life Imprisonment For Raping 14-year-old Girl In Ekiti by Fira09(m): 8:39am On Feb 02, 2023
An Ekiti State High Court sitting in Ado Ekiti Division, has sentenced two men to life imprisonment for raping a 14-year-old girl.

The convicts, Salau Adams (21) and Odeleye Tobi (21), were arraigned on May 13, 2022, on one count of rape.

The charge read, ?The defendants on February 28, 2022, at Awo Ekiti in the Irepodun/Ifelodun council of Ekiti State, did conspire to rape a 14-year-old-girl, contrary to Section 421 of the Criminal Law of Ekiti State and Section 31(2) of the Child?s Rights Law, Cap. C7, Laws of Ekiti State, 2012.?

In her statement to the police, the victim said, On that day, I was hawking fried meat. Adams and Tobi bought meat worth N100 each; they pretended to bring out money, but instead, Adams brought out a black handkerchief. I decided to leave and report them to my mother. When I turned, Tobi held and carried me from the back, while Adams covered my mouth with the black handkerchief. They carried me to a nearby bush behind their house. Adams first forcibly had sex with me and Tobi did the same. Thereafter, they ran away. I went back home crying, with bloodstains on my clothes,"

The prosecutor, Adeola Arogundade, called eight witnesses and tendered the defendants? statements and a medical report as exhibits.

The defendants spoke through their counsel, who pleaded with the court to temper justice with mercy, saying the convicts were young and could still be useful to society.

Justice Olalekan Olatawura, who sentenced the two youths to life imprisonment, said the crime of rape and defilement of children in this jurisdiction is fast assuming a frightening dimension.

" it is the duty of the court to send the right signal to would-be rapists. Justice Olatawura said

?The only way to discourage this dastardly and bestial act would be to punish those found guilty severely. I therefore hold that the prosecution has proved beyond reasonable doubt that the defendants had sexual intercourse with the victim and it was not consensual. From the proved facts, it can be inferred and I so hold that the defendants conspired to commit the offence of rape.

SOURCE

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Two Men Sentenced To Life Imprisonment For Raping 14-year-old Girl In Ekiti by dollynnn(f): 9:54am On Feb 02, 2023
Good!

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Two Men Sentenced To Life Imprisonment For Raping 14-year-old Girl In Ekiti by leisuretym: 10:32am On Feb 02, 2023
Good but castrate them first, just incase they manage to escape in the future , they’ll be harmless

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Two Men Sentenced To Life Imprisonment For Raping 14-year-old Girl In Ekiti by free2ryhme: 10:32am On Feb 02, 2023
Fira09:

SOURCE

This is the way to go.

Justice must be served

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Two Men Sentenced To Life Imprisonment For Raping 14-year-old Girl In Ekiti by Hndrrxxx(m): 10:33am On Feb 02, 2023
Uu
Re: Two Men Sentenced To Life Imprisonment For Raping 14-year-old Girl In Ekiti by Hendrixky: 10:33am On Feb 02, 2023
Wetin dey 14 year old girl body ehnnn.

What's wrong with men? Getting a matured woman on your bed this days is the most simplest thing

As at today the number of women is far more than that of men...go to tertiary institutions and see alot of women

Walk the street in the evening especially around 6pm to 7pm and see alot of single matured girls coming back from work....flow with them and have a little sense of humour and I bet you they will be yours

29 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Two Men Sentenced To Life Imprisonment For Raping 14-year-old Girl In Ekiti by DropsMic(m): 10:33am On Feb 02, 2023
More of this

2 Likes

Re: Two Men Sentenced To Life Imprisonment For Raping 14-year-old Girl In Ekiti by bigdammyj: 10:33am On Feb 02, 2023
Noted.
Re: Two Men Sentenced To Life Imprisonment For Raping 14-year-old Girl In Ekiti by Missgeraldine(f): 10:33am On Feb 02, 2023
Tifnubu urchins...very demonic set of animals

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Two Men Sentenced To Life Imprisonment For Raping 14-year-old Girl In Ekiti by Davies25: 10:33am On Feb 02, 2023
Is Ekiti the home of sex Offenders??
Or
Is Ekiti the only state committed to punishing sex Offenders?.

I go with the second one. Well done to Ekiti judiciary.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Two Men Sentenced To Life Imprisonment For Raping 14-year-old Girl In Ekiti by SpecialAdviser(m): 10:33am On Feb 02, 2023
Why not death sentence? I hate rapists. They are animals. Just close your eyes and imagine your mother, your sister or your daughter being raped. Think am nah

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Two Men Sentenced To Life Imprisonment For Raping 14-year-old Girl In Ekiti by sammirano: 10:34am On Feb 02, 2023
Great

1 Like

Re: Two Men Sentenced To Life Imprisonment For Raping 14-year-old Girl In Ekiti by lomprico(m): 10:34am On Feb 02, 2023
Na big man pikin dem rape. Good for them

5 Likes

Re: Two Men Sentenced To Life Imprisonment For Raping 14-year-old Girl In Ekiti by fredodo007(m): 10:34am On Feb 02, 2023
This is mad. I wonder what they gain in raping. Awon oloriburuku people. Life imprisonment fit bests. These animals needs to be eradicated front the society

6 Likes

Re: Two Men Sentenced To Life Imprisonment For Raping 14-year-old Girl In Ekiti by Thermodynamics(m): 10:34am On Feb 02, 2023
Na them awon accomodators, Yelloba people and rape/skull mining are 5 and 6. Always destroying Nigeria's image home and abroad just like their pampas wearing Bala blu drug lord called Tinubu.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Two Men Sentenced To Life Imprisonment For Raping 14-year-old Girl In Ekiti by oluseyiforjesus(m): 10:34am On Feb 02, 2023
There is no enjoyment in force

3 Likes

Re: Two Men Sentenced To Life Imprisonment For Raping 14-year-old Girl In Ekiti by OKUCHI11(m): 10:35am On Feb 02, 2023
Name Checkers Association of Nigeria... Illela- Sokoto Chapter have been represented.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Two Men Sentenced To Life Imprisonment For Raping 14-year-old Girl In Ekiti by NairaLux(f): 10:35am On Feb 02, 2023
grin
Re: Two Men Sentenced To Life Imprisonment For Raping 14-year-old Girl In Ekiti by zoedew: 10:35am On Feb 02, 2023
Correct!
It remains however for the sentence to be given the widest publicity possible locally and nationally so that folks who intend to commit such crimes will have a rethink. Followers of The Paedophile are advised to look more closely at his antecedents and dump him!

3 Likes

Re: Two Men Sentenced To Life Imprisonment For Raping 14-year-old Girl In Ekiti by Mindlog: 10:36am On Feb 02, 2023
Commendable.

2 Likes

Re: Two Men Sentenced To Life Imprisonment For Raping 14-year-old Girl In Ekiti by Charly68: 10:36am On Feb 02, 2023
God bless the judge

5 Likes

Re: Two Men Sentenced To Life Imprisonment For Raping 14-year-old Girl In Ekiti by Slurity(m): 10:36am On Feb 02, 2023
Fantastic judgment

5 Likes

Re: Two Men Sentenced To Life Imprisonment For Raping 14-year-old Girl In Ekiti by DamnnNiggarr: 10:37am On Feb 02, 2023
shocked

Salau Adams (21)
Odeleye Tobi (21),

Two less urchins to worry about.

7 Likes

Re: Two Men Sentenced To Life Imprisonment For Raping 14-year-old Girl In Ekiti by Mindlog: 10:37am On Feb 02, 2023
Hendrixky:
Wetin dey 14 year old girl body ehnnn.

What's wrong with we men?

As at today the number of women is far more than that of men

Walk the street in the evening especially around 6pm to 7pm and see alot of single matured girls coming back from work

The coming census will shock you 🤣🤣
Re: Two Men Sentenced To Life Imprisonment For Raping 14-year-old Girl In Ekiti by MightySparrow: 10:38am On Feb 02, 2023
The judge too harsh na!

The judge should have ordered their pricks to be cut off.
Re: Two Men Sentenced To Life Imprisonment For Raping 14-year-old Girl In Ekiti by lazynairalander1: 10:38am On Feb 02, 2023
At 21 these ones have ended their lives because of they can't control their 3rd leg. I hope hard labour is added to the sentence.
#SayNoToRape
Our daughters, wives, mothers are not sex object. If you must collect sek consent first.

3 Likes

Re: Two Men Sentenced To Life Imprisonment For Raping 14-year-old Girl In Ekiti by Enddy50ty(m): 10:38am On Feb 02, 2023
How do you rape a 14 year old girl..? Konji wey olosho go solve in less than 10 minutes with 1k.
Now they'll spend the rest of their miserable lives in jail.

3 Likes

Re: Two Men Sentenced To Life Imprisonment For Raping 14-year-old Girl In Ekiti by thrillionaire(m): 10:39am On Feb 02, 2023
Hmm.. the rate at which parents send little and underaged children, girls especially to hawk stuff is alarming. These kids venture into dangerous places just to make sales and then get raped. Very useless parents we have these days.

5 Likes

Re: Two Men Sentenced To Life Imprisonment For Raping 14-year-old Girl In Ekiti by LeopardX: 10:39am On Feb 02, 2023
Good judgement.
Self control is important.

But if you can't hold yourself, go and patronize prostitutes and hookup girls....but I guess they're too broke to patronize them.

Broke men should try to suppress their erection till they have little change.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Benue Police Command Parades Various Armed Robbers And Hoodlums. Photos / 3 Policemen Arrested For Extorting LASU Student Of N153,000 In Ogun / Man Shot During Distribution Of Token By World Food Programme In Yobe (Graphic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.