Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,012 members, 7,817,985 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:46 AM

What Is It With Refurbished Phones? - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / What Is It With Refurbished Phones? (19429 Views)

Is Samsung Shipping Refurbished Phones As New Ones? / Man Who Bought 'Refurbished' Phone From Jumia Cries Out / Jumia Refurbished Phones (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is It With Refurbished Phones? by TroubleMaker47(m): 5:49pm On Feb 02, 2023
Hatrick01:
I saw an iphone 11 pro going for 100k, but they said its refurbished.

Pls i dont gerrit, what are the negative effects of this so called refurbished phones?

And why are they so cheap?

Pls help a brother, i dont wanna waste money.
For that price, what they are selling is a replica not a refurbished.
Refurbished phones are original phones that have been used and got returned to companies which replaces wornout parts and tests it before shipping off for sale.
Replicas are simply lookalike fake phones. Most likely andriod phones in iphone body

1 Like

Re: What Is It With Refurbished Phones? by fidtopade: 5:50pm On Feb 02, 2023
I once bought a refurbished BlackBerry Bold, I used for more than five years without any fault except change of battery. Just make sure it's refurbish by known company abroad, Like T-Mobile and others.
Re: What Is It With Refurbished Phones? by Nobody: 5:59pm On Feb 02, 2023
englishmart:
Refurbished phones are substandard versions of phones. They shouldn't be called refurbished, they should be called fake.
A refurbished phone of 64gb will take files of 2gb and be crying of low memory space. A refurbished 50mp camera has a clarity of 8mp.

Refurbished is for the less privileged.
Poor masses
Re: What Is It With Refurbished Phones? by Lightorder: 6:00pm On Feb 02, 2023
Please , if you don’t have something meaningful to say or know nothing about the thread, SHUTUP and learn!!!! You must not react to everything

3 Likes

Re: What Is It With Refurbished Phones? by Kvvngkhalifa202(m): 6:01pm On Feb 02, 2023
stano2:
How much e suppose be
this one never used better phone before iPhone 11 250
iPhone 12 400k
iPhone 13 550k

1 Like

Re: What Is It With Refurbished Phones? by fuqua: 6:02pm On Feb 02, 2023
ASININE
Pells:

Mugu I know one day u go pay undecided undecided
Re: What Is It With Refurbished Phones? by Ajiboye592(m): 6:05pm On Feb 02, 2023
God bless you jawe, u sabii..
Lazyreporta:
Buy it.. Refurbished no be fake o.

It's a return or repackaged phone.

It's not look alike, it's still the original phone but was return due to one issue or the other, so they fix it and repackage it.
That's why it's refurbished. E no mean fake phone as we commonly reason am in naija

1 Like

Re: What Is It With Refurbished Phones? by Nobody: 6:05pm On Feb 02, 2023
Nigeria refurbished products na Chinko.
Re: What Is It With Refurbished Phones? by Originalsly: 6:08pm On Feb 02, 2023
Good topic.... not a tech guy... but from what I learned...... a refurbished phone means the phone had a fault and it was repaired. Now how good is the phone after being refurbished/repaired depends on the technician. Was the phone refurbished by the manufacturer?.... if yes, then the phone is as good as new or better. If not... was it refurbished by a certified technician ?.... then how good the phone is depends on the skill level of the technician. If the phone was refurbished by a ehmmm .... phone kazeem... then you should know what to expect. On being better that a brand new phone .... if you bought a Samsung 11 .... and the power button began to give trouble a month or two after.... complaints will be made to Samsung and they will see many of that model phone has the same problem. On inspection... they found the chip controlling power is faulty. Now there are thousands of the same faulty phones already in stores and in the warehouse waiting to be shipped to stores. What they will do is change the chips of the phones not yet shipped before sending them to market. Because the phones have been repaired ... they can no longer be marketed as new .... but now have to be branded refurbished. These ones are called factory refurbished and will be better than the original ones found in stores. When shipped by the manufacturer.... whether it's phones or TV ... they usually come in a brown and black box unlike the new ones which come in a colored box.
Now the phone you want to buy ..... ask yourself .... is it refurbished? ... or used? If refurbished.... who refurbished it? I know no more on this topic.

6 Likes

Re: What Is It With Refurbished Phones? by MrJames007: 6:09pm On Feb 02, 2023
Lazyreporta:
Buy it.. Refurbished no be fake o.

It's a return or repackaged phone.

It's not look alike, it's still the original phone but was return due to one issue or the other, so they fix it and repackage it.
That's why it's refurbished. E no mean fake phone as we commonly reason am in naija
But at that price for 11pro, I think something is wrong somewhere.
Re: What Is It With Refurbished Phones? by Ikem11(m): 6:09pm On Feb 02, 2023
englishmart:
Refurbished phones are substandard versions of phones. They shouldn't be called refurbished, they should be called fake.
A refurbished phone of 64gb will take files of 2gb and be crying of low memory space. A refurbished 50mp camera has a clarity of 8mp.

You talk like a fool . Don't mistake refurbished phones with generic clone phones.

Refurbished are phones used by users but returned for one reason or the other ...maybe mic isn't working properly or earpiece isn't work or antenna isn't working.

Phone brands ship those kind of phones to for fixing and repacked again as a refurbished.

Used phones that the body is gone but the motherboards is good can also be refurbished by changing new packs.

Next time before u talk rubbish try making sense at all

2 Likes

Re: What Is It With Refurbished Phones? by xandy84: 6:10pm On Feb 02, 2023
What you're saying it's a clone phone. A refurbished phone is a used phone that either the manufacturer or authorized dealer check and update to standard. I use pixel phones and everything I drop my phone and need a replacement, I send it to Google and they will send me refurbished phone as replacement. Refurbished phone is good and also comes with warranty if you buy from authorized dealers.

englishmart:

Re: What Is It With Refurbished Phones? by xandy84: 6:11pm On Feb 02, 2023
You made a valued points but you can do without the insult.

Ikem11:

You talk like a fool . Don't mistake refurbished phones with generic clone phones.

Refurbished are phones used by users but returned for one reason or the other ...maybe mic isn't working properly or earpiece isn't work or antenna isn't working.

Phone brands ship those kind of phones to for fixing and repacked again as a refurbished.

Used phones that the body is gone but the motherboards is good can also be refurbished by changing new packs.

Re: What Is It With Refurbished Phones? by orazx: 6:12pm On Feb 02, 2023
Hatrick01:

Pls i dont gerrit, what are the negative effects of this so called refurbished phones?

I once bought a refurbished Samsung A30 from
Amazon in 2020 and till date it’s still working perfectly.
Re: What Is It With Refurbished Phones? by Nobody: 6:14pm On Feb 02, 2023
xandy84:
What you're saying it's a clone phone. A refurbished phone is a used phone that either the manufacturer or authorized dealer check and update to standard. I use pixel phones and everything I drop my phone and need a replacement, I send it to Google and they will send me refurbished phone as replacement. Refurbished phone is good and also comes with warranty if you buy from authorized dealers.

Nigerian refurbished
Re: What Is It With Refurbished Phones? by xandy84: 6:15pm On Feb 02, 2023
Phone manufacturers has authorized dealers in Nigeria. Same should apply. It's a different ball game if Kazeem phone repairs refurbish a phone..

Revolution2022:
Nigerian refurbished
Re: What Is It With Refurbished Phones? by IPG25(m): 6:18pm On Feb 02, 2023
Refurbished phone is not for
Every body
Re: What Is It With Refurbished Phones? by Kimiso(m): 6:28pm On Feb 02, 2023
Hatrick01:

bro use the money get yourself a very good redmi android phone with great features not the refurbished iPhone or whatever you call it
Re: What Is It With Refurbished Phones? by mastermaestro(m): 6:31pm On Feb 02, 2023
Kaybanty4u:
Please don't forget to buy phone repairing tools..

We have not gotten to this level of wickedness, bro. grin grin
Re: What Is It With Refurbished Phones? by ibawon(m): 6:32pm On Feb 02, 2023
Refurbished: Phones returned by customers due to some issues. Manufacturer repairs then sell. By law they have to designate them as refurbished.
Note: Refurbished phones are not cloned phones (fakes). Most Nigerians used that term because they don’t understand. Same as how we call all used phones “UK USED”.
80% of used phones are refurbished but sellers see there is no need to mention that so far as it functions well. How do you get an iPhone 10 with 100% battery health!

3 Likes

Re: What Is It With Refurbished Phones? by PIPSMARSHALL: 6:33pm On Feb 02, 2023
Uk used
Re: What Is It With Refurbished Phones? by EmpressOVD: 6:36pm On Feb 02, 2023
Hatrick01:

Means the phone has bn worked on nd some parts may have bn changed. Like screen, motherboard nd so on. So categorically, the parts ain't factory fitted
Re: What Is It With Refurbished Phones? by DearAminu: 6:42pm On Feb 02, 2023
In 2018 I wanted to buy iPhone 6 from AliExpress. I contact a friend seeking for advice which he warned me never to buy refurbished phone 😳
I refused to listen I order an iPhone 6 @75k…
After a month or two of smooth use. The phone been given me one or the other issues. Look at me jumping from one engineer to another. From fixing charging IC, to changing battery to changing screen.
Just like that phone go refused to charge the next thing you’ll hear charging IC.

In summary guy ABORT THIS MISSION AND RETREAT.
Re: What Is It With Refurbished Phones? by LadySarah: 6:46pm On Feb 02, 2023
inoki247:
Lol refurbished get grade dere are some Refurbish you buy from Amazon that will last you long buh I don't know anything Abt Nigeria refurbish...

Buh my PC na refurbished which I bought from Amazon and is 5 years now the PC neva spoil...

My Hp PC is refurbished from China.Being using it since 2011.Thats 11 yrs and counting.Only changed its battery last year and charger after my kids cut it.
Still used it today but upgrading now and leaving it for them entirely
Re: What Is It With Refurbished Phones? by Lazyreporta(m): 6:59pm On Feb 02, 2023
MrJames007:
But at that price for 11pro, I think something is wrong somewhere.

Well, that's a completely different story bro.

I was just responding to the refurbished phone.
Re: What Is It With Refurbished Phones? by Lazyreporta(m): 6:59pm On Feb 02, 2023
Ajiboye592:
God bless you jawe, u sabii..

Amen and you too
Re: What Is It With Refurbished Phones? by kkins25(m): 7:00pm On Feb 02, 2023
I've used a couple of refurbished phones. They are the same original phones but cheaper. Here's why:

Refurbished phones are phones that developed a fault during or after mass production. Manufacturers fix this problem and send back to the market but at a discount.

Infact, alot of "Belgium" phones we use in the country are actually refurbished. Sometimes, the fault of the problem isn't anything serious and the mobile device would function neatly. But, if you're unlucky, the presumably fixed problem could resurface.

So, you're practically gambling!
Re: What Is It With Refurbished Phones? by davillian(m): 7:14pm On Feb 02, 2023
Hatrick01:

A refurbished iPhone 11 cannot be sold for 100k
They would sell a cloned android iPhone 11 for you......
Be smart my brother

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is It With Refurbished Phones? by englishmart(m): 7:19pm On Feb 02, 2023
Ikem11:

You're a big idiott. You don't know the meaning of refurbished. Fool.

1 Like

Re: What Is It With Refurbished Phones? by samfrancis1(m): 7:23pm On Feb 02, 2023
I have iPhone Xr for sale 128Gb

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Tecno Phantom Z (A7) Specs, Features, Price And Where To Buy / 5 Ways To Make Internet Connection Fast On Your Android Smartphone / What Is The Worst Phone You Ever Used?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.