Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,417 members, 7,819,501 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:16 PM

Genevieve Nnaji Vs Mercy Johnson - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Genevieve Nnaji Vs Mercy Johnson (28701 Views)

Hairstyle - Omotola Vs Mercy Aigbe: Who Rocked It Better? (photos) / Genevieve Nnaji Vs Seyi Shey Vs Uche Ogbodo:Who Rocks The Braids Best?(photos) / Genevieve Nnaji Vs Tiwa Savage: Who Is Hotter & Classier? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Genevieve Nnaji Vs Mercy Johnson by Breeze5000: 6:52pm On Sep 08, 2011
So often we read or hear Mercy Johnson telling or confiding in people that Genevieve is,    
http://naijajoint..com/2011/09/genevieve-nnaji-vs-mercy-johnson.html
Re: Genevieve Nnaji Vs Mercy Johnson by Nobody: 7:10pm On Sep 08, 2011
So often we read or hear Mercy Johnson telling or confiding in people that Genevieve is her Idol and at her recent wedding, she was said to have shed some tears of joy when she saw her Idol Genevieve. Truth be said Genevieve Nnaji is arguably Nigeria's number 1 actress if not Africa's. As we all know she has won numerous awards profiled on CNN and the number 1 talk show in the world "The Oprah Winfrey Show" her profile and accolades just keep rising that one is forced to ask is there any other actress that can dethrone the queen?(Genevieve) Strange enough the answer to this vital question might just in one of those that adores her. I mean Mercy Johnson (Forget all the scandals trailing her and concentrate on her acting skills) Make no mistake Genevieve truly deserves her crown as the very best, but there are some films of her that she is just there. Nothing special, just like the regular Nollywood actress. Some say it has to do with the Director of the particular film, others say it is the script. Another thing I noticed about Genevieve is that she has not taken any real risk (ie, shave her head completely bald, Kiss convincingly, etc)
Re: Genevieve Nnaji Vs Mercy Johnson by anonymous6(f): 7:59pm On Sep 08, 2011
The author ask a good question but currently Genevieve wins over Mercy Johnson but Mercy is not that far behind and she has a chance of surpassing Genevieve in the near future; personally I don't see it though, I see other actresses taking Genevieve's place in the future but not Mercy though.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji Vs Mercy Johnson by BootyOnMe: 8:52pm On Sep 08, 2011
Life ain't no competition.
You only have motivators or detractors, not competitors.
Genny only motivated Mercy professionally.
Both have attained their professional plateaus in the Nollywood horizon.
Both of them don reign pass.
No competition. kiss

Thank God oh!
Ex pure water-seller don become big-screen goddess too!  grin
Even Genevieve "BOW"!  grin
Irony of life.
Thank God say "God nor be e-badu belle and e-jolosi" NL/cyborg man or WOMAN!!!!!

Twa! cheesy
Re: Genevieve Nnaji Vs Mercy Johnson by MissyB3(f): 8:53pm On Sep 08, 2011
Genevieve is an awe-inspiring actress and light-years ahead of Mercy.
Even Mercy will not tell you anything different.

You should be comparing Mercy to/with Tonto.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji Vs Mercy Johnson by cindylee: 12:13pm On Sep 09, 2011
BootyOnMe:

Life ain't no competition.
You only have motivators or detractors, not competitors.
Genny only motivated Mercy professionally.
Both have attained their professional plateaus in the Nollywood horizon.
Both of them don reign pass.
No competition. kiss

Thank God oh!
Ex pure water-seller don become big-screen goddess too! grin
Even Genevieve "BOW"! grin
Irony of life.
Thank God say "God nor be e-badu belle and e-jolosi" NL/cyborg man or WOMAN!!!!!

Twa! cheesy

Is that You on your Profile pix? Gosh you are so beautiful!
Re: Genevieve Nnaji Vs Mercy Johnson by Breeze5000: 10:57pm On Sep 09, 2011
I understand what it is like being a Genny fan but none has given any god reason why Genny is a better actress. Take 5 good movies of Genny and 5 of Mercy and give it to a White Person or any foreigner that does not know both of them and you might be surprised that most might pick Mercy. The girl is just raw and intense
Re: Genevieve Nnaji Vs Mercy Johnson by BootyOnMe: 9:49am On Sep 10, 2011
cindylee:

Is that You on your Profile pix? Gosh you are so beautiful!

Yup!
Thanks. kiss
Re: Genevieve Nnaji Vs Mercy Johnson by Shokoloko(f): 11:17am On Sep 10, 2011
This comparison is terribly off. Genevieve might not take risks but she acts really good and has a level of professionalism that is unrivaled in Nollywood. Mercy is good also but let's not be blinded by size DD boobs, and an apple ass. Hollywood N̶̲̥̅̊o d̶̲̥̅̊€¥ look those things. Genevieve is the epitome of African beauty with elegance. Mercy isn't elegant, she's a bombshell.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji Vs Mercy Johnson by MissyB3(f): 11:58am On Sep 10, 2011
Breeze5000:

I understand what it is like being a Genny fan but none has given any god reason why Genny is a better actress. Take 5 good movies of Genny and 5 of Mercy and give it to a White Person or any foreigner that does not know both of them and you might be surprised that most might pick Mercy. The girl is just raw and intense

Genevieve and Mercy are both fantastic actresses, and I'm an inflexible fan of both.
However, to say Mercy is more talented than Gene because she took up some challenging roles like the one in which she shaved her hair - Final widow, is pure tripe.
Genevieve has taken up some roles she deems challenging too. After all, the idea of challenge is dependent on the self undertaking the task.
If kissing and hair shaving are your benchmarks for identifying or quantifying talents, then :

1) Genevieve has soul-kissed in so many movies E.g. Bursting out [Gene and Majid]. Plus, sensuality is more of character than talent. Yes, Mercy is sensual.

2) Gene may not have shaved her hair to interpret a role but that must be due to other factors and, most likely, not unprofessionalism. Can you provide evidence that Gene was offered, at least once, a role in which she was supposed to cut/shave her hair, and she turned it down because it was too great an undertaking?

Like I said, if you want to give credit to Mercy, compare her to/with Tonto or some greenhorns, and Mercy will take the crown.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji Vs Mercy Johnson by Shokoloko(f): 2:24pm On Sep 10, 2011
Missy B, Breeze5000 you two deserve PhD's. Cldnt have said it better.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji Vs Mercy Johnson by Nobody: 4:51pm On Sep 10, 2011
Abeg Missy, don't compare Tonto with Mercy. There is nothing wrong with Mercy being compared to Genny. She has really done well and it's only proper for her to be among the "good" like her.

Tonto is too trashy!
Re: Genevieve Nnaji Vs Mercy Johnson by protected: 5:43pm On Sep 10, 2011
Well Said Missy B *wink*!
Re: Genevieve Nnaji Vs Mercy Johnson by MissyB3(f): 6:34pm On Sep 10, 2011
michelin89:

Abeg Missy, don't compare Tonto with Mercy. There is nothing wrong with Mercy being compared to Genny. She has really done well and it's only proper for her to be among the "good" like her.

Tonto is too trashy!
Mich, Mercy is good, I know and acknowledge it.
My point is, for Mercy to win a ''contention'', she should be compared with the likes of Tonto.
Comparing her with Gene will only make the gap between both actresses more obvious .
However, comparing her to Gene [should be] is dignity to her.  cheesy
Re: Genevieve Nnaji Vs Mercy Johnson by Nobody: 6:59pm On Sep 10, 2011
True. Against Tonto, NOBODY would choose Tonto. E' una vittoria che lascia l'amaro in bocca. But with Gene, at least 3 or 4 out of 10 will vote for and quella sarebbe una vittoria da gustare! Mi capisci? smiley
Re: Genevieve Nnaji Vs Mercy Johnson by MissyB3(f): 8:33pm On Sep 10, 2011
michelin89:

True. Against Tonto, NOBODY would choose Tonto. E' una vittoria che lascia l'amaro in bocca. But with Gene, at least 3 or 4 out of 10 will vote for and quella sarebbe una vittoria da gustare! Mi capisci? smiley
Vero!
Dai però, Tonto non è così male. . . . . Se non altro, è una bellissima ragazza. grin
Re: Genevieve Nnaji Vs Mercy Johnson by Nobody: 8:45pm On Sep 10, 2011
Di faccia. Di fisico me pias mia. Carina dai.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji Vs Mercy Johnson by Tosinville(m): 4:43am On Sep 11, 2011
Who's Genevieve, Mercy and Tonto? are they stripperz in a night club?
Re: Genevieve Nnaji Vs Mercy Johnson by ginajet(f): 6:22am On Apr 06, 2013
Breeze5000: I understand what it is like being a Genny fan but none has given any god reason why Genny is a better actress. Take 5 good movies of Genny and 5 of Mercy and give it to a White Person or any foreigner that does not know both of them and you might be surprised that most might pick Mercy. The girl is just raw and intense
Liz benson was never raw & intensed yet we preferred her to many in her time..... Genny all d way joor!!!

(1) (Reply)

Toyin Abraham Celebrates Her Son, Ireoluwa, On His 2nd Birthday (Photos) / Lady Blasts Olori Wuraola And Freeze Over Gender Equality In Open Letter / Bobrisky Denies Dating Mompha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.