Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,361 members, 7,819,302 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:01 PM

What Are The Best Countries To Apply For Remote Jobs As A Nigerian? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / What Are The Best Countries To Apply For Remote Jobs As A Nigerian? (2202 Views)

How Do I Get Jobs As A Programmer? / I'm About To Start Applying For Remote Jobs. Any Tips? / How To Get Jobs As A Web Developer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Are The Best Countries To Apply For Remote Jobs As A Nigerian? by Devdevdev(f): 11:38am On Feb 03, 2023
Hi guys. I'd like to know the best countries to apply for remote jobs as a Nigerian.

If possible, I'll also like to know the in demand skills in those countries.

Thanks.
Re: What Are The Best Countries To Apply For Remote Jobs As A Nigerian? by LittleBigDick(m): 5:12am On Feb 04, 2023
Northern Europe eg Sweden , Norway, Finland etc
Re: What Are The Best Countries To Apply For Remote Jobs As A Nigerian? by airsaylongcome: 12:40pm On Feb 04, 2023
After all the invectives you have thrown here you want the same people to advise you? US remains the gold standard and the most difficult to enter

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Best Countries To Apply For Remote Jobs As A Nigerian? by Alphabyte1: 12:52pm On Feb 04, 2023
airsaylongcome:
After all the invectives you have thrown here you want the same people to advise you? US remains the gold standard and the most difficult to enter

US the best followed by Canada and Netherland . UK pay is less than Netherland a little if you remove tax .
Re: What Are The Best Countries To Apply For Remote Jobs As A Nigerian? by tollyboy5(m): 1:02pm On Feb 04, 2023
airsaylongcome:
I got connect for a us based job onetime. But ...

I Neva wise then cry
Re: What Are The Best Countries To Apply For Remote Jobs As A Nigerian? by Devdevdev(f): 1:18pm On Feb 04, 2023
airsaylongcome:

I know you are referring to the time we had that squabble. I'm sorry for how I responded to you. It was poor behavior on my part. Kpele.

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Best Countries To Apply For Remote Jobs As A Nigerian? by qtguru(m): 3:57pm On Feb 04, 2023
airsaylongcome:

Still I'd rather work for a US company from outside the US, especially where rent is cheaper

1 Like

Re: What Are The Best Countries To Apply For Remote Jobs As A Nigerian? by qtguru(m): 4:01pm On Feb 04, 2023
airsaylongcome:

True it's very hard
Re: What Are The Best Countries To Apply For Remote Jobs As A Nigerian? by airsaylongcome: 4:46pm On Feb 04, 2023
qtguru:

Still I'd rather work for a US company from outside the US, especially where rent is cheaper

Na why I no dey reason japa laidis so. The only real draw back for me is the work hours. 5pm to 2am in my case

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Best Countries To Apply For Remote Jobs As A Nigerian? by qtguru(m): 5:40pm On Feb 04, 2023
airsaylongcome:

Na why I no dey reason japa laidis so. The only real draw back for me is the work hours. 5pm to 2am in my case

No, Def not naija also lol this place has tired me
Re: What Are The Best Countries To Apply For Remote Jobs As A Nigerian? by truthCoder: 10:00pm On Feb 04, 2023
Remote US job that pays at least 20k usd per annum. Get your laptop, running shoes and headphones. Tour the beautiful countries in west Africa (jump Ghana).

Rent is available on monthly or 3-monthly basis.

Dont be afraid of the francophone countries.

Did I remember to warn you about Ghana?

For income above 40k usd, come to the uae. It is more secure than USA, UK and Canada combined if you promise not to stay in the cheap immigrant locales.

Above 60k, go to europe. Portugal, Sweden, Germany etc. UK only if you must.

Above 90k and you are remote? You be chairman. Any place is home.

13 Likes 7 Shares

Re: What Are The Best Countries To Apply For Remote Jobs As A Nigerian? by qtguru(m): 3:45am On Feb 05, 2023
truthCoder:
Remote US job that pays at least 20k usd per annum. Get your laptop, running shoes and headphones. Tour the beautiful countries in west Africa (jump Ghana).

For income above 40k usd, come to the uae. It is more secure than USA, UK and Canada combined if you promise not to stay in the cheap immigrant locales.

UK is so expensive and overrated, I'd rather be in a cheap EU country and have access.
Re: What Are The Best Countries To Apply For Remote Jobs As A Nigerian? by dauddy97(m): 4:29am On Feb 05, 2023
UK
Re: What Are The Best Countries To Apply For Remote Jobs As A Nigerian? by Alphabyte1: 10:35am On Feb 05, 2023
qtguru:

UK is so expensive and overrated, I'd rather be in a cheap EU country and have access.

Electricity bill and tax are the reasons why UK is expensive.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Best Countries To Apply For Remote Jobs As A Nigerian? by tensazangetsu20(m): 11:17am On Feb 05, 2023
truthCoder:

Why move to the UAE though. You can't become a citizen.
Re: What Are The Best Countries To Apply For Remote Jobs As A Nigerian? by qtguru(m): 3:16pm On Feb 05, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

Why move to the UAE though. You can't become a citizen.

If you buy a property, you can stay in definetely
Re: What Are The Best Countries To Apply For Remote Jobs As A Nigerian? by tensazangetsu20(m): 3:21pm On Feb 05, 2023
qtguru:

If you buy a property, you can stay in definetely

Yeah but you can't be a citizen no difference between you and a Nigerian

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: What Are The Best Countries To Apply For Remote Jobs As A Nigerian? by Deicide: 11:08pm On Feb 05, 2023
airsaylongcome:

Ah Ah this is not bad Na. I love this
Re: What Are The Best Countries To Apply For Remote Jobs As A Nigerian? by airsaylongcome: 7:43am On Feb 06, 2023
Deicide:
Ah Ah this is not bad Na. I love this

When e start, e dey sweet. Until you realise that you cannot party on Friday night. And Sunday night wey free pieces for you, na only you and Yahoo boys go dey outside.

On a more serious note, it messes up your sleeping cycle. BIG TIME
Re: What Are The Best Countries To Apply For Remote Jobs As A Nigerian? by studyless123: 2:48pm On Feb 13, 2023
airsaylongcome:

If you already have a good paying remote job in Nigeria, I don't see the reason to japa. The time is normal for US workers. Millions of persons work 2nd and 3rd shifts.

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Best Countries To Apply For Remote Jobs As A Nigerian? by airsaylongcome: 3:03pm On Feb 13, 2023
studyless123:

If you already have a good paying remote job in Nigeria, I don't see the reason to japa. The time is normal for US workers. Millions of persons work 2nd and 3rd shifts.

Without doubt! A good paying US remote job doesn’t warrant any japa. I know of a dude that moved from $15/hr in 2022 to $100/hr in January 2023. They guy said “I’m a night animal now o!”

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Best Countries To Apply For Remote Jobs As A Nigerian? by seunny4lif(m): 4:30pm On Feb 13, 2023
If single then Gulf nations more anywhere, as rent and transportation are cheap.
You will save more money in Gulf nation than any Western country.
Remote working is far better in other western Africa countries than Nigeria esp place Like Senegal, Togo and Benin Rep
truthCoder:

Re: What Are The Best Countries To Apply For Remote Jobs As A Nigerian? by airsaylongcome: 4:33pm On Feb 13, 2023
seunny4lif:
If single then Gulf nations more anywhere, as rent and transportation are cheap.
You will save more money in Gulf nation than any Western country.
Remote working is far better in other western Africa countries than Nigeria esp place Like Senegal, Togo and Benin Rep

What makes you say this?
Re: What Are The Best Countries To Apply For Remote Jobs As A Nigerian? by seunny4lif(m): 4:44pm On Feb 13, 2023
airsaylongcome:

What makes you say this?
Peace of mind
No police embarrassing and threatening you because you are driving a nice car.
Better security
Good electricity
Good value for your rent.
Nobody is going to keep harassing because you have a laptop with you.
Even though Nigeria government is far richer than those countries yet their health care is little better than Nigeria.

God forbid, it’s when someone is seriously sick, the person will know that Nigeria health system is the worst in the world
Re: What Are The Best Countries To Apply For Remote Jobs As A Nigerian? by airsaylongcome: 4:47pm On Feb 13, 2023
seunny4lif:

Peace of mind
Better security
Good electricity

Okay 👍. But wasn’t this the same situation in Ghana until Yahoo boys went to spoil that place. Can the same not happen if there is a mass migration of our Yahoo boys to the countries you mentioned?
Re: What Are The Best Countries To Apply For Remote Jobs As A Nigerian? by truthCoder: 4:49pm On Feb 13, 2023
seunny4lif:

Peace of mind
Better security
Good electricity

The only caution to Nigerians: Please don’t discuss politics too deep with anyone in any francophone country.

There are more security police and political informants than you might want to guess.

There is a reason why it is only Ghana and Nigeria that has been having democratic changes in the last 20 years. Dont find out the hard way.
Re: What Are The Best Countries To Apply For Remote Jobs As A Nigerian? by truthCoder: 4:50pm On Feb 13, 2023
airsaylongcome:

Okay 👍. But wasn’t this the same situation in Ghana until Yahoo boys went to spoil that place. Can the same not happen if there is a mass migration of our Yahoo boys to the countries you mentioned?

That is why the few Nigerians in francophones are not publicizing it.

Besides, English makes it easier for the stereotypical yahoo boy to thrive in Ghana.

To thrive in a French speaking country, you must be patient and ready to learn.
Re: What Are The Best Countries To Apply For Remote Jobs As A Nigerian? by seunny4lif(m): 4:56pm On Feb 13, 2023
truthCoder:

The only caution to Nigerians: Please don’t discuss politics too deep with anyone in any francophone country.

There are more security police and political informants than you might want to guess.

There is a reason why it is only Ghana and Nigeria that has been having democratic changes in the last 20 years. Dont find out the hard way.
Oh sure for that one.
Well, must Nigerians, I knew in those countries then never get involved in their politics ooh even in Ghana.

Generally, Nigerians don’t get involve in politics unless they have been living in that country for over 20 years.
Re: What Are The Best Countries To Apply For Remote Jobs As A Nigerian? by truthCoder: 4:59pm On Feb 13, 2023
seunny4lif:

Peace of mind
Better security
Good electricity
Even though Nigeria government is far richer than those countries yet their health care is little better than Nigeria.

God forbid, it’s when someone is seriously sick, the person will know that Nigeria health system is the worst in the world

The day i went to visit a friend in Dubai Hospital was the day i knew there was no hospital in Nigeria.

I have visited UCH, LUTH, Ayinke house even Eko Hospital. None compares. Sorry.
Re: What Are The Best Countries To Apply For Remote Jobs As A Nigerian? by truthCoder: 5:01pm On Feb 13, 2023
seunny4lif:

Oh sure for that one.
Well, must Nigerians, I knew in those countries then never get involved in their politics ooh even in Ghana.

Generally, Nigerians don’t get involve in politics unless they have been living in that country for over 20 years.

You know our normal beer parlor politics gist in Nigeria.

It is easy to start asking foolish questions like ‘why is the eyadema family the only people ruling you this people? Shey you cant vote them out ni’?
Re: What Are The Best Countries To Apply For Remote Jobs As A Nigerian? by seunny4lif(m): 5:03pm On Feb 13, 2023
airsaylongcome:

Nigeria G-boys are everywhere oooh, in fact they are common in Senegal, CIV, Benin Rep and Ghana.
That’s the reason the Nigeria Amb to Senegal then said if any Nigerian working in Senegal legally, is arrested, they will come to any place.

(1) (2) (Reply)

A Full-time Full-stack Developer Wanted In Ikeja / Finally Got A Badass Laptop After Months Of Saving, Come Celebrate With Me(pics) / Please, I Need A Step-by-step Tutorial For Developing Android Apps

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.