Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,426 members, 7,815,961 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:13 PM

Attempts To Replace Naira Notes Descends Into Chaos - Financial Times - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Attempts To Replace Naira Notes Descends Into Chaos - Financial Times (27195 Views)

Nigeria Devalues Naira In Bid To Attract Foreign Investors - Financial Times / Nigerians Resort To Emergency Loans As Hardship Worsens - Financial Times UK / Neveah Makes Financial Times 2023 Africa’s Fastest Growing Companies Ranking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Attempts To Replace Naira Notes Descends Into Chaos - Financial Times by HarunaWest(m): 9:34pm On Feb 03, 2023
Nigerians are funny. Only a week ago, they were praising emefiele cos they felt the Naira redesign was meant to punish some certain candidates. Even when the DSS tried to arrest him cos of what they uncovered, they were still clapping for him and showing solidarity. Today they are insulting their god cos they just realized that they were the targets all the while.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Attempts To Replace Naira Notes Descends Into Chaos - Financial Times by blamingthedevil: 9:35pm On Feb 03, 2023
YoungLionken:
I'm sure BAT and his cohorts are jubilating over it, but they shouldn't gloat yet, because the end will justify the means...

1 Like

Re: Attempts To Replace Naira Notes Descends Into Chaos - Financial Times by Tektronics12: 9:35pm On Feb 03, 2023
You are Deluded..!
Hendrixky:
No chaos

Greedy banks selling it to highest bidders and our politicians

Allowing our politicians to have their way..

And this whole policy was intended to ruin the plans of vote buying
But no matter what. It is gonna curb it a little

used almost 3k to withdraw 20k this morning

No problem

I will sacrifice for my nation

But what matters most is that tinubu plans be ruined

And for we masses lets suffer so that we will do away with tribalism this time around and do the right thing

Heard banks are even paying people with 5, 10, 50 naira note.
I was so happy infact let them add coins to it
Re: Attempts To Replace Naira Notes Descends Into Chaos - Financial Times by Nobody: 9:35pm On Feb 03, 2023
Godwin Emefiele should be arrested now. This man has caused more hardship in a few weeks than Buhari in almost eight years of failure.

2 Likes

Re: Attempts To Replace Naira Notes Descends Into Chaos - Financial Times by stuffs2002: 9:35pm On Feb 03, 2023
Barawo Emefiele decided to deal with Nigeria after his silly attempt 5o run for presidency was twarted.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Attempts To Replace Naira Notes Descends Into Chaos - Financial Times by ciencee(m): 9:37pm On Feb 03, 2023
The Banks should remove those 24hour services they always put in their ATM machines.

Things are getting bad by the day, imagine waking up and going to the Bank ATM machine by 5:20 Am and returning by 2:30PM without getting the money I kept in the Bank.

2 Likes

Re: Attempts To Replace Naira Notes Descends Into Chaos - Financial Times by 2023NaijaVoter: 9:38pm On Feb 03, 2023
Talk about chaos here's a list of UK Prime Ministers in the last ten years. wink

Rishi Sunak
Liz Truss
Boris Johnson
Theresa May
David Cameron
Re: Attempts To Replace Naira Notes Descends Into Chaos - Financial Times by samfrancis1(m): 9:40pm On Feb 03, 2023
Hendrixky:
No chaos

No problem

And for we masses lets suffer so that we will do away with tribalism this time around and do the right thing

Happy suffering .. suffering but smiling and forming boss.. na there way we know them…

1 Like

Re: Attempts To Replace Naira Notes Descends Into Chaos - Financial Times by BATified2023: 9:41pm On Feb 03, 2023
Hendrixky:
No chaos

No problem

what if tinubu wins after this madness?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Attempts To Replace Naira Notes Descends Into Chaos - Financial Times by ipobarecriminals: 9:43pm On Feb 03, 2023
sad dey blame Tinubu for their misery. Lightening strike Emefiele white hairy balls angry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Attempts To Replace Naira Notes Descends Into Chaos - Financial Times by ipobarecriminals: 9:45pm On Feb 03, 2023
sad some pigs told us that Tinubu go suffer am grin cheesy grin. E ti ri nkan kan. Una never see anything grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Attempts To Replace Naira Notes Descends Into Chaos - Financial Times by Mummyimbecile(m): 9:46pm On Feb 03, 2023
Hendrixky:
No chaos

No problem

oga, it will not stop vote buying. The politicians are still the one buying up every new naira note that CBN sends to deposit money banks.

Most Nigerians are cash-trapped! Few weeks to election...no money anywhere.

What do you think will happen if party agents bribe voters on that day...how many voters that are cash-trapped will say no to 10k?

This can only happen in a backward country like Nigeria!

Look at it this way, they made you deposit all your old naira notes, and they now made it a herculean task for you to withdraw the new naira notes...leaving you cash trapped, so it will now be easy for them to induce you with cash at polling units.

I fear who no fear 9ja politicians.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Attempts To Replace Naira Notes Descends Into Chaos - Financial Times by Pheztux01: 9:49pm On Feb 03, 2023
We need God's intervention in this Land😂

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_fluv7q02U
Re: Attempts To Replace Naira Notes Descends Into Chaos - Financial Times by Bfly: 9:49pm On Feb 03, 2023
There will soon surface a good order
Re: Attempts To Replace Naira Notes Descends Into Chaos - Financial Times by SaLongs1(m): 9:51pm On Feb 03, 2023
I laugh whenever I see some masses consoling themselves with the delusional thought that somehow this current cash crunch will derail politicians intentions to buy votes. To the contrary, the suffering masses will be bought cheaply due to lack and hunger whilst none of the politicians will ever queue under the burning sun nor will they lose their looted money.

1 Like

Re: Attempts To Replace Naira Notes Descends Into Chaos - Financial Times by Chetas81(m): 9:52pm On Feb 03, 2023
THE MEANING OF KNOWLEDGE AND COMMON SENSE IN THIS PART OF THE WORLD IS UNKNOWN BECAUSE THE CITIZENS DUMP KNOWLEDGE PRIORITY FOR THE RELIGION ✍️ BUT GRADUALLY WE BEGIN TO PAID THE HEAVILY PRICE UNDER OUR NOSE 👃
Re: Attempts To Replace Naira Notes Descends Into Chaos - Financial Times by infogeneral: 9:53pm On Feb 03, 2023
This is what you would get when the governor of the CBN engaged in partisan politics.

2 Likes

Re: Attempts To Replace Naira Notes Descends Into Chaos - Financial Times by Kingspin(m): 9:56pm On Feb 03, 2023
CBN is not to be blamed.
But bank managers
Re: Attempts To Replace Naira Notes Descends Into Chaos - Financial Times by ashawopikin(m): 9:56pm On Feb 03, 2023
superCleanworks:
we already know this story. tell us something else.
abi o
Re: Attempts To Replace Naira Notes Descends Into Chaos - Financial Times by seborrhic: 9:56pm On Feb 03, 2023
How anybody even thinks this was an intention to curb vote buying,beats me.
It's even easier now,and cheaper to buy votes.
Where a politician would have spent 10k per voter with the old note,he/she just has to offer 3k of the new note and he has bought the vote of some electorate.
This is asides the harm it has done businesses.
In a country where every government,office or political post guarantees you can have access to easy, unaccounted money,the f ools in today's government don't know what it means for the small to medium scale company,self employed person or the market man or woman,to go a day,not even several without transacting any business.
That's why they don't realise this currency fiasco alone has set back the Nigerian economy hundreds of billions in lost economic activity.
When you have a cattle herder at the helm with a wannabe central bank governor,this is the result

2 Likes

Re: Attempts To Replace Naira Notes Descends Into Chaos - Financial Times by Chetas81(m): 9:56pm On Feb 03, 2023
Viltron:
Godwin Emefiele should be arrested now. This man has caused more hardship in a few weeks than Buhari in almost eight years of failure.
THE NIGERIA CITIZENS STILL THINK OF THE APC GOVERNMENT TO CONTINUED THE FINANCIAL ATROCITIES AGAINST THE NIGERIA CITIZENS 😜🐐🐐 SHAME ON YOUR MENTALITY IF YOU USED ETHNIC TO VOTE APC GOVERNMENT
Re: Attempts To Replace Naira Notes Descends Into Chaos - Financial Times by Pharaohny: 9:57pm On Feb 03, 2023
As long as it will prevent Tinubu from entering , am happy to sacrifice for my country 🤣☺️
Re: Attempts To Replace Naira Notes Descends Into Chaos - Financial Times by Chetas81(m): 9:57pm On Feb 03, 2023
THE NIGERIA CITIZENS STILL THINK OF THE APC GOVERNMENT TO CONTINUED THE FINANCIAL ATROCITIES AGAINST THE NIGERIA CITIZENS 😜🐐🐐 SHAME ON YOUR MENTALITY IF YOU USED ETHNIC TO VOTE APC GOVERNMENT
Re: Attempts To Replace Naira Notes Descends Into Chaos - Financial Times by gotnel: 10:07pm On Feb 03, 2023
Serious error of the president and his team.

1 Like

Re: Attempts To Replace Naira Notes Descends Into Chaos - Financial Times by duality(m): 10:11pm On Feb 03, 2023
LegendHero:
See how the foolish Emefiele set trap for himself.

You and your sponsors think by descending the nation to chaos, you can go through the back door to hurt Asiwaju’s chances.

Now Asiwaju understood the game and spoke loudly in Ogun and now few people drag Asiwaju into the blame and he is being insulated from the outburst.

If not that Emefiele or his cabal friends are dull, don’t they know that this policy will even aid vote buying rather than stop it?

Someone should think of this scenario. If you have 100k new naira note cash at the ATM stand, will people not rush you to exchange it? Now if a politician take new note to the election ground, some people will run to them because of the new note especially those that won’t on a normal day sell their vote because there is crazy scarcity currently. But politicians already got the new note and are storing it.

If this scarcity continue to the second week of February, the below scenario is what will play out.

You and Tinubu don't have that kind of money in the new currency. So go and rest.

Yes politicians have the new notes. But not like the old note. Agbado don't have so much of it.
Re: Attempts To Replace Naira Notes Descends Into Chaos - Financial Times by Nobody: 10:17pm On Feb 03, 2023
Corrinthians:

https://www.ft.com/content/952e8047-63a9-4a91-8f15-6f00cd388a95

It will simply because common sense is not common! How can you give a population of about 200million people of which many of them are petty traders just three months to deposit their hard earned money in replacement of what does not exist. Isn't that stupendous?! Nonsense!!!

1 Like

Re: Attempts To Replace Naira Notes Descends Into Chaos - Financial Times by Kennyking1234: 10:27pm On Feb 03, 2023
Hendrixky:
No chaos

No problem

I do not pity you people that still support one Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Attempts To Replace Naira Notes Descends Into Chaos - Financial Times by Afamsi: 10:27pm On Feb 03, 2023
Hendrixky:
No chaos

No problem

was it new notes they paid you

1 Like

Re: Attempts To Replace Naira Notes Descends Into Chaos - Financial Times by Neoteny7: 10:28pm On Feb 03, 2023
More than 80% of the people in queues are those shady POS operators taking out cash to sell at premium to the public in their new scalping business.

1 Like

Re: Attempts To Replace Naira Notes Descends Into Chaos - Financial Times by LegendHero(m): 10:33pm On Feb 03, 2023
duality:

You and Tinubu don't have that kind of money in the new currency. So go and rest.

Yes politicians have the new notes. But not like the old note. Agbado don't have so much of it.

Lol 😂.

Even Emefiele knows himself and man is just wowed at how he is currently being defeated in his own game.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Whats D Maximum I Can Transfer From My Gtb Savings A/c Via Online Banking / Job Losses Loom As Naira Sells 194 To Dollar / FG Close Nicon Luxury Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.