Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,022 members, 7,818,024 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:04 AM

Nigerian Businesses Gradually Going Cashless (Photos) - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nigerian Businesses Gradually Going Cashless (Photos) (44188 Views)

Nigerian Businesses Face Losses As The Twitter Ban Continues / Why I Broke My WEMA Alat ATM Card And Stopped Going Cashless / Dangote Refinery Gate, Lagos Gradually Taking Shape (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Businesses Gradually Going Cashless (Photos) by Enemyofpeace: 3:00am On Feb 05, 2023
I think at this point in time, we are good to go cashless

36 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigerian Businesses Gradually Going Cashless (Photos) by smokinloud(m): 3:05am On Feb 05, 2023
But na the mumu glitches and network no make POS dey feasible.
Imagine buying goods from a market woman and 2 hours after the normal transaction your bank reverse back your money to your account... that one has gone!.

173 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Nigerian Businesses Gradually Going Cashless (Photos) by Tookool(m): 3:10am On Feb 05, 2023
smokinloud:
But na the mumu glitches and network no make POS dey feasible.
Imagine buying goods from a market woman and 2 hours after the normal transaction your bank reverse back your money to your account... that one has gone!.
I have never had such experience oh, After withdrawing from the pos or after I have recieved a debit alert for a transfer transaction, then my money is reversed back to me. Does it truly happen ?

81 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Businesses Gradually Going Cashless (Photos) by smokinloud(m): 3:26am On Feb 05, 2023
Tookool:

I have never had such experience oh, After withdrawing from the pos or after I have recieved a debit alert for a transfer transaction, then my money is reversed back to me. Does it truly happen ?
Yes it does.
E be like you no know the kind country wey you dey.
Let your last card hang for Zenith bank and you are on the verge of obtaining jamb form for your sibling on a deadline day na den you go know say Generational curses dey for Nigeria true true

163 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Nigerian Businesses Gradually Going Cashless (Photos) by taiwotimitt: 7:04am On Feb 05, 2023
Join the trend.
You too register your business so you won't regret it later

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Businesses Gradually Going Cashless (Photos) by ITbomb(m): 7:06am On Feb 05, 2023
But on a normal day, you don't need a POS machine, all you need is your bank app which will generate the QR code

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Businesses Gradually Going Cashless (Photos) by Illegal1(m): 7:15am On Feb 05, 2023
No be only cashless

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Businesses Gradually Going Cashless (Photos) by Blake755: 7:25am On Feb 05, 2023
Omo no be laughing matter like this I do transaction with my ATM card the thing do network failed the come debit me join 😓😓 money I was hoping for transport like this I trek well well come back
Union Bank nah idiot I dey go bank for Tuesday

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Businesses Gradually Going Cashless (Photos) by figment232(m): 7:32am On Feb 05, 2023
Tookool:

It doesn't happen...no mind the guy ..na Tinubu supporter

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Businesses Gradually Going Cashless (Photos) by slivertongue: 7:32am On Feb 05, 2023
Proudly happening in the North

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Businesses Gradually Going Cashless (Photos) by Obaaderemi2: 7:33am On Feb 05, 2023
Arranged pictures. Someone just put POS devices beside abokis and snapped the pictures. Mtchewww.

109 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Businesses Gradually Going Cashless (Photos) by faceland: 8:53am On Feb 05, 2023
PROPAGANDA.

Can they read?

How many poor people who aren't in the civil service has a bank account?

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Businesses Gradually Going Cashless (Photos) by faceland: 9:00am On Feb 05, 2023
Those are 50 and 100 naira service. Then the bank would cut 25 naira for a 100 service. End of month, they would also cut 4 naira for the SMS alert they sent you. You end up paying 139 and then merchandise end up receiving 98 naira.

It doesn't even make sense to do tiny transactions digitally.

77 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nigerian Businesses Gradually Going Cashless (Photos) by CrownOfClay724: 10:33am On Feb 05, 2023
The only thing I pay for with cash is okada and danfo.
I get all my Groceries from a nearby supermarket and they accept card or transfer.

For work, I pay for all my supplies with transfer.

Quit the complaints and embrace change.
Leave this needless ground standing.

40 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian Businesses Gradually Going Cashless (Photos) by BluntTheApostle(m): 11:28am On Feb 05, 2023
CrownOfClay724:
The only thing I pay for with cash is okada and danfo.
I get all my Groceries from a nearby supermarket and they accept card or transfer.

For work, I pay for all my supplies with transfer.

Quit the complaints and embrace change.
Leave this needless ground standing.

Change?

Please, what is the economic benefit of the currency redesign?

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Businesses Gradually Going Cashless (Photos) by Helpfromabove1(m): 8:50pm On Feb 08, 2023
This post is certainly a sponsor or photoshop pictures

How much is the sugar Cain or the aboki doing pedicures going to charge that he will need pos for payment and will still pay diff charges

100 less stamp dues of 10 Naira , sms charge, pos com e.t.c

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Businesses Gradually Going Cashless (Photos) by datola: 8:51pm On Feb 08, 2023
It's fine and I support it.

However, the big question is: are our theiving politicians also going cashless?
Re: Nigerian Businesses Gradually Going Cashless (Photos) by jedisco(m): 8:51pm On Feb 08, 2023
Photoshop.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Businesses Gradually Going Cashless (Photos) by Hendrixky: 8:51pm On Feb 08, 2023
Yeah
Re: Nigerian Businesses Gradually Going Cashless (Photos) by MarketDispatch: 8:51pm On Feb 08, 2023

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Businesses Gradually Going Cashless (Photos) by Aremwayne: 8:52pm On Feb 08, 2023
I am not sure they even planned this whole cashless policy before eliminating it. Buhari is the worse thing to ever happen to Nigeria.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Businesses Gradually Going Cashless (Photos) by Ogaga87(m): 8:52pm On Feb 08, 2023
Them say neithern man nor go school but them dey overtake..

Some people in the west who are referred to as professor dey protest..

Can't they think out of the box so as not to destroy the banks properties

Aboki well done

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Businesses Gradually Going Cashless (Photos) by Biodun556(m): 8:52pm On Feb 08, 2023
Obaaderemi2:
Arranged pictures. Someone just put POS devices beside abokis and snapped the pictures. Mtchewww.

Is the Mallam even that there's pos beside him?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Businesses Gradually Going Cashless (Photos) by technuel: 8:53pm On Feb 08, 2023
Good
Re: Nigerian Businesses Gradually Going Cashless (Photos) by InfinityFabric: 8:54pm On Feb 08, 2023
Nonsense! And you think that's a good thing.
From taking away Gold and Silver from your hands and giving you nonsense paper, not it's a digit somewhere that can be:
- Erased by any entity with access at any time
- Locked by the government unless you do their bidding
the list is endless

Be careful of what you wish for.

8 Likes

Re: Nigerian Businesses Gradually Going Cashless (Photos) by illicit(m): 8:54pm On Feb 08, 2023
What of Ashewos

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Businesses Gradually Going Cashless (Photos) by ibrocool(m): 8:54pm On Feb 08, 2023
For every circumstances, there is always something good and something bad.

The good news is that, people that have abandoned their bank account will start using it back.

But the bad news is that, the so called banks networks are not stable to manage the numerous transactions.

May God help us
Re: Nigerian Businesses Gradually Going Cashless (Photos) by freshboy88(m): 8:55pm On Feb 08, 2023
BluntTheApostle:

Change?

Please, what is the economic benefit of the currency redesign?

Your question should be "what's the economic benefit of a cashless society?" I guess you know the answer already.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Businesses Gradually Going Cashless (Photos) by Treassured: 8:55pm On Feb 08, 2023
Yes that Is the GOAL😂
Re: Nigerian Businesses Gradually Going Cashless (Photos) by Penguin2: 8:56pm On Feb 08, 2023
I’ve said it many times that only fools and idiots with ulterior motives are fighting against the policy.

Others are political thugs rented by scrupulous politicians to cause mayhem until CBN is forced to give them extension into the election so that they can buy votes.

Legitimate business men and women are adjusting to the policy already without much complaints.

But I trust Buhari to stick to his guns. It would be a shame if Buhari allows Tinubu errand boys to outwit him.

But the game is on…

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Businesses Gradually Going Cashless (Photos) by Goddyrichie(m): 8:57pm On Feb 08, 2023
Tookool:

yes it happen to me last year when I transfer 5k to my girlfriend and 3k to her younger sis not really my gf though just a girl that like fucking men around all because of iPhone I first use her account it shows error then I went to a pos agent to transfer d money to them d next day she told me she haven’t see I went back 2 d pos they told me it’s network after one week and some days sha d pos woman call me that they have revise my money back Omo na so I collect my money and spend ham cuz I don broke then

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Businesses Gradually Going Cashless (Photos) by nedekid: 8:57pm On Feb 08, 2023
Nice development, we are getting there.
The ride that carried me, I wanted to transfer to the driver as I did not have enough cash. The driver brought out a small device using Bluetooth with his phone. Told me to tap my card on it. Ie NFC, instantly I got a debit.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ikwerre Chairman Shuts Down UBA For Social Distancing Violation (Video) / How Should You Pay When Importing From China / Naira Exchange Rates Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.