Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,126 members, 7,849,510 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 11:04 PM

What You Need To Know About Mastitis - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What You Need To Know About Mastitis (250 Views)

Curing Mastitis In Breastfeeding Mother / Mastitis In Nursing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What You Need To Know About Mastitis by Pomi12345: 12:30pm On Feb 05, 2023
What is MASTITIS

Mastitis is an inflammation of the tissue of the breast that sometimes involves an infection, it occurs most frequently during the time of breastfeeding.

It might occur when bacteria, most times from the baby’s mouth, enter a milk duct through a crack in the nipple.
Continuing to breastfeed, even while taking an antibiotic to treat mastitis, is better for you and your baby.

Chronic mastitis occurs in women who are not breastfeeding. In postmenopausal women, breast infections may be associated with chronic inflammation of the ducts below the nipple. Hormonal changes in the body can cause the milk ducts to become clogged with dead skin cells and debris. These clogged ducts make the breast more open to bacterial infection. Infection tends to come back after treatment with antibiotics

SYMPTOMS
Continue reading: https://oclocknews.com/what-you-need-to-know-about-mastitis/

(1) (Reply)

Fuckdmodz, Please Come In. / My Family Accused Me Of Killing My Mother For Ruining My Marriage-pt2 / Gen Z's Na Your Mate?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 4
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.