Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,046 members, 7,863,720 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 02:07 AM

Why You Should Stop Arguing With Atheists Whether God Exists Or Not - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why You Should Stop Arguing With Atheists Whether God Exists Or Not (511 Views)

Death Is Proof That A Higher Power (god) Exists / Atheist/theists:what Kind Of Evidence Would Convince You That God Exists Or Not? / It Doesn't Matter Whether God Helps/blesses Or Not? What The Crap! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why You Should Stop Arguing With Atheists Whether God Exists Or Not by EmekaStanley: 12:49pm On Feb 05, 2023
If you are a theist(someone who believes in the existence God almighty), most especially if you have been baptized by the Holy Spirit, stop arguing with atheists whether there is a God or not. It is a pointless argument.

The Bible explicitly stated in Psalms 14 vs 1, "The fool has said in his heart, “There is no God.” See, there is a fullstop at the end of the sentence. The Holy Spirit did not go further to start arguing or trying to shed more light on why 'a fool says there is no God'. It is an independent and authoritative statement. Why?
Because whether God exists or not is not up for debate.

There was a time I was reading heavily to stock up literary ammunitions to justify the existence of God to atheists. But wisdom was like, 'Common man, drop that, it's not worth it.'

The only beings who debate about God's existence are human beings. Even the devil cannot debate whether God exists or not, because the evidences of God's is everywhere; the evidences cannot be separated from daily living.

Anyways, I am not convincing anyone that there is God. Let his works keep proving his existence.

ES

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Stop Arguing With Atheists Whether God Exists Or Not by jaephoenix(m): 3:23pm On Feb 05, 2023
EmekaStanley:
If you are a theist(someone who believes in the existence God almighty), most especially if you have been baptized by the Holy Spirit, stop arguing with atheists whether there is a God or not. It is a pointless argument.

The Bible explicitly stated in Psalms 14 vs 1, "The fool has said in his heart, “There is no God.” See, there is a fullstop at the end of the sentence. The Holy Spirit did not go further to start arguing or trying to shed more light on why 'a fool says there is no God'. It is an independent and authoritative statement. Why?

There was a time I was reading heavily to stock up literary ammunitions to justify the existence of God to atheists. But wisdom was like, 'Common man, drop that, it's not worth it.'

The only beings who debate about God's existence are human beings. Even the devil cannot debate whether God exists or not, because the evidences of God's is everywhere; the evidences cannot be separated from daily living.

Anyways, I am not convincing anyone that there is God. Let his works keep proving his existence.

ES

Which god are we talking about here, bro?

2 Likes

Re: Why You Should Stop Arguing With Atheists Whether God Exists Or Not by xproducer: 6:17pm On Feb 05, 2023
EmekaStanley:

ES

++++++++

Indeed...

"Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble." - James 2:19

"But foolish and unlearned questions avoid, knowing that they do gender strifes. And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth" - 2 Timothy 2:23-25

"A man that is an heretick after the first and second admonition reject; Knowing that he that is such is subverted, and sinneth, being condemned of himself." - Titus 3:10-11
Re: Why You Should Stop Arguing With Atheists Whether God Exists Or Not by EmekaStanley: 6:59pm On Feb 05, 2023
xproducer:

++++++++

Indeed...

"Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble." - James 2:19

"But foolish and unlearned questions avoid, knowing that they do gender strifes. And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth" - 2 Timothy 2:23-25

"A man that is an heretick after the first and second admonition reject; Knowing that he that is such is subverted, and sinneth, being condemned of himself." - Titus 3:10-11
Great add-ons.

Thank you

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Stop Arguing With Atheists Whether God Exists Or Not by kingxsamz(m): 8:20pm On Feb 05, 2023
EmekaStanley:

ES

Lol, the same 2000 year old book that says women came from a white man's ribs, donkey and snake talked and someone divided the sea with a stick? 🤨
Between you and the mumus who wrote that verse, I don't know who's more foolish. 😂😂

7 Likes

Re: Why You Should Stop Arguing With Atheists Whether God Exists Or Not by EmekaStanley: 8:46pm On Feb 05, 2023
kingxsamz:

Lol, the same 2000 year old book that says women came from a white man's ribs, donkey and snake talked and someone divided the sea with a stick? 🤨
Between you and the mumus who wrote that verse, I don't know who's more foolish. 😂😂
Okay
Re: Why You Should Stop Arguing With Atheists Whether God Exists Or Not by Maynman: 9:33pm On Feb 05, 2023
EmekaStanley:
Okay

Not all theists are yahweh worshippers.
Because allah, brahma and sango worshippers don’t worship your israelite god, yahweh, it doesn’t make them atheists.

Theists are those that believe in a god or gods.
Monotheists are those that believe in one god.

You are welcome.

2 Likes

Re: Why You Should Stop Arguing With Atheists Whether God Exists Or Not by xproducer: 10:31pm On Feb 05, 2023
EmekaStanley:
Great add-ons.

Thank you

+++

Praise GOD! smiley
Re: Why You Should Stop Arguing With Atheists Whether God Exists Or Not by xproducer: 10:39pm On Feb 05, 2023
kingxsamz:

++++++++

"But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned" - 1 Corinthians 2:14

Is it not good then for those who are from the earth to humbly ask the Lord GOD Almighty for grace and understanding??

"And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven." - Matthew 18:3
Re: Why You Should Stop Arguing With Atheists Whether God Exists Or Not by Bacteriologist(m): 10:56pm On Feb 05, 2023
No, DO NOT stop arguing with atheists.

The ability to engage in debate is a sign of a sound mind who is confident about his beliefs.

If you're convinced that what you believe is true, there is no reason to shy away from civil discourse about your belief.

Jesus himself (as recorded by the Buybull) took on Pharisees and Sadducess many times.

It's all part of the brainwashing, indoctrination tactics and caging your mind to a single and flawed worldview when these charlatans ask you to run away from people who think differently from you.

If you are sure that your belief can stand up to scrutiny, argue along all day. Civil debate and learning from them is what moves societies forward.

By all means argue using facts. Study and argue to show thyself approved.

5 Likes

Re: Why You Should Stop Arguing With Atheists Whether God Exists Or Not by kingxsamz(m): 11:14pm On Feb 05, 2023
xproducer:

++++++++

" The things of the Spirit of God are foolishness. "

I agree.
Goodnight.

2 Likes

Re: Why You Should Stop Arguing With Atheists Whether God Exists Or Not by xproducer: 11:23pm On Feb 06, 2023
kingxsamz:

I agree.
Goodnight.

+++

Better for one to be careful than to be callous & blasphemous with one's words...

"A good man out of the good treasure of the heart bringeth forth good things: and an evil man out of the evil treasure bringeth forth evil things. But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment. For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned." - Matthew 12:35-37

"And whosoever shall speak a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but unto him that blasphemeth against the Holy Ghost it shall not be forgiven." - Luke 12:10

"For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book" - Revelation 22:18
Re: Why You Should Stop Arguing With Atheists Whether God Exists Or Not by MaxInDHouse(m): 11:54pm On Feb 06, 2023
EmekaStanley:
Okay

Smartness at it's best! smiley
I really admire this spirit and i wish believers in God follow up on this to prove that those guys claiming atheists are even much more zealous to PREACH and TEACH what is in their minds than people claiming believers it's just a pity that while believers have a reason and a leader who commanded us to preach atheists are just zealous and ambitious without being sent! smiley

Re: Why You Should Stop Arguing With Atheists Whether God Exists Or Not by MarbleMate(m): 11:19am On Feb 07, 2023
How to Unlock your destiny by following this step by step guide.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWm-60tFMiE
Re: Why You Should Stop Arguing With Atheists Whether God Exists Or Not by kingxsamz(m): 12:35pm On Feb 07, 2023
xproducer:

"And whosoever shall speak a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but unto him that blasphemeth against the Holy Ghost it shall not be forgiven." - Luke 12:10

Oh, okay.
Holy ghost can go fvck itself then.

2 Likes

Re: Why You Should Stop Arguing With Atheists Whether God Exists Or Not by jaephoenix(m): 6:14pm On Feb 07, 2023
Bacteriologist:
No, DO NOT stop arguing with atheists.

The ability to engage in debate is a sign of a sound mind who is confident about his beliefs.

If you're convinced that what you believe is true, there is no reason to shy away from civil discourse about your belief.

Jesus himself (as recorded by the Buybull) took on Pharisees and Sadducess many times.

It's all part of the brainwashing, indoctrination tactics and caging your mind to a single and flawed worldview when these charlatans ask you to run away from people who think differently from you.

If you are sure that your belief can stand up to scrutiny, argue along all day. Civil debate and learning from them is what moves societies forward.

By all means argue using facts. Study and argue to show thyself approved.

There are 2 ways theists(especially christians) wish to interface with atheists. Either ignore them(like this dude advocates) or kill 'em(like their Christian ancestors did). They would have gladly done the later if not for laws. I know how many times my school whatsapp group guys have reminded me about extrajudicial killings meted out to non-christians in the ancient days. They have this Fatwa Envy brewing in them. They wish they can be as free as their Northern comrades ( the Muslims slaughtering christians) in dealing with me grin

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Stop Arguing With Atheists Whether God Exists Or Not by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:46pm On Feb 07, 2023
Bacteriologist:

The arguments that occured between Jesus and Pharisees is between believers and believers not outright atheists, those people also claim they believe in God:

Jesus asked them

"You are doing the works of your father.” They said to him: “We were not born from immorality; we have one Father, God.” John 8:41

So unlike atheists who doesn't believe in the existence of God the Pharisees and Sadducees believe God exist they just don't agree with Jesus' opinion.

As for atheists who doesn't think God exists Jesus told his disciples not to waste their precious times arguing with them! Matthew 7:6 smiley
Re: Why You Should Stop Arguing With Atheists Whether God Exists Or Not by jaephoenix(m): 7:01pm On Feb 07, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

The arguments that occured between Jesus and Pharisees is between believers and believers not outright atheists, those people also claim they believe in God:

Jesus asked them

"You are doing the works of your father.” They said to him: “We were not born from immorality; we have one Father, God.” John 8:41

So unlike atheists who doesn't believe in the existence of God the Pharisees and Sadducees believe God exist they just don't agree with Jesus' opinion.

As for atheists who doesn't think God exists Jesus told his disciples not to waste their precious times arguing with them! Matthew 7:6 smiley
So let me get your point.
So christians can argue with Muslims(since they believe in god) , but they can't argue with atheists?

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Drawing The Lines Between Political Elections, Church, And Pastors / Audio Mp3: Download The Season Of Revival Part 2 By Apostle Johnson Suleman / Pope Blesses Facebook And Other Social Media Sites.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.