Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,016 members, 7,863,681 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 11:18 PM

Infectious Malaria Sporozoites Produced Without Mosquitoes - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Infectious Malaria Sporozoites Produced Without Mosquitoes (17779 Views)

10,000 GMO Mosquitoes Released In Djibouti To Fight Malaria / Health Workers Celebrate Easter At The Infectious Disease Hospital In Lagos / Lady Makes A Collection Of All The Mosquitoes She Has Killed (Pictured) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Infectious Malaria Sporozoites Produced Without Mosquitoes by Supersymetry: 2:06pm On Feb 07, 2023
Ssddff:

I have to read more on the ability of sporozites to gather resistance fighter but for you to under what I was talking about with life stages or life cycle. Here is a picture

And I guess since this is an African issue, research should be carried out by Africans to remove fear. But I don’t think we are there yet. Requires funding, electricity, equipments and technical expertise then clinical trials.
Sure it should be done and regulated, in Africa by Africans.
The major advantag of fighting the sporozoites is that it is stage the mosquitoes transfer into the body hence fewer in number, if you check very well that's the reason they chose it.
Even there's a risk of first/original antigenic sin .
Moreover having large population of blood sucking insect in Africa, is a security risk, and should be considered a national emergency, mosquitoes might develop an ability to carry dangerous virus or an enemy might use it against us. So the task to reduce or remove mosquitoes should be non- negotiable. No Serious nation would allow such.
Re: Infectious Malaria Sporozoites Produced Without Mosquitoes by Supersymetry: 2:37pm On Feb 07, 2023
Ssddff:

I have to read more on the ability of sporozites to gather resistance fighter but for you to under what I was talking about with life stages or life cycle. Here is a picture

And I guess since this is an African issue, research should be carried out by Africans to remove fear. But I don’t think we are there yet. Requires funding, electricity, equipments and technical expertise then clinical trials.

From my first comment i summarized everything,
That the risk outway the benefit
Because having malaria strains resistant to anti malaria is by far worst, because it took many years of research and funding to develop current drugs , so the question is how possible, then the answer is very very likely considering that it have enough genes to change surface protein which the immune system use to indentify and kill it. And that the reason malaria is difficult to kill is because it is very good at changing its surface protein. But the drugs dont Target it's surface protein unlike vaccine.
Re: Infectious Malaria Sporozoites Produced Without Mosquitoes by Supersymetry: 2:47pm On Feb 07, 2023
Ssddff:

We're there already, all u need is the BSL-3 or BSL-4 lab, then developed talent, for me the issue is the developed talent. As for electricity you can use solar
and battery or generator.
Re: Infectious Malaria Sporozoites Produced Without Mosquitoes by genkins(m): 2:59pm On Feb 07, 2023
Octobertwentysix:

Since you don't go to Sunday school, hope you have been able to at least do something meaningful, at least they kept themselves busy by praying and increasing their knowledge, you have all the time as a result of not wasting your time praying, what theory have you propounded or is innovations and inventions for the whites alone. Una go just open una unintelligent mouth waa to talk rubbish.
I grew up like that na.church all the time.i can't reverse it.religion clouds the mind thats why you can't see my point.
Re: Infectious Malaria Sporozoites Produced Without Mosquitoes by genkins(m): 3:07pm On Feb 07, 2023
Kobonaire4:

No, the simple reason why we cannot do advanced research in Nigeria and in Africa is money...and facilities, and electric power. Not religion. I doubt the local Imam, or revenred bothers himself or herself about what they do in our research facilites self.

Once, a university in the UK got a grant of 600m pounds for research into Malaria. Tell me, who would give a university in Nigeria that money? In naira.?

The reason why we cannot do research is because of lack of money. Foreign countries have a lot of money to fund advanced research because they pay the kind of taxes and have the kind of tax to gdp ratio to pay for good universites, plus they pay tons of fees...even going into debt to do so. (at least in Nigeria, no one graduates with millions in debt), and they also pay their electricity and power bills on time, and don't subsidise education.

Here in Nigeria, we pay fees of less than 200 dollars a year, and somehow expect to do research that a university that has fees of up to 20000 dollars a year does? Like how? 40% of us don't pay power bills that are already very low...and yet we expect power 24/7 with what money? You don't pay the type of tax they pay in developed countries...and you expect good facilites and so on? And finally...you rely on something that at best can give you one third of what we actually need in revenue...and you expect to live like the developed nations?

You are here blaming religion. Some will blame athiests, some will blame FESTAC 77 for bringing in demons into the country, and some will blame the West. Yet, we will go and cheer as someone wakes up and says that we should chase away power companies officials from dealing with power defaulters because they are exploiting us. Or we would go and protest when it is time to remove fuel subsides...or we would go and cry oppression, when fees need to be raised, or the tax to gdp ratio needs to be expanded

Yet we want what the whites have at a fraction of the revenue.

Stop blaming religion. There are scientists who are religious and do extensive research. Just as there have been atheists who misapply research. But the thing is, all of us...the religious and the atheistis, and the traditionalists in this country.....have to work towards making our country's less dependent on oil and more dependent on industries, and also pay our power bills, and stop pretending that N400 can buy something that costs 4million, and maybe, just maybe...we may be able to develop the ultimate cure for malaria.

So, stop looking for bogeymen.

Religion clouds the mind bro.atheist nations have kids learn basic science and technology at an early age .infact china banned religion for kids under 18.the last time I checked,you all drive Japanese cars,carry asian phones etc.if the churches were research institution and all the money collected was channeled to research and learning.do you think we will be the poverty capital of the world.?Do u think we will be this backward?we spend all our youth praying and learning about a foreign religion.if u ask most children what they want to be in future.they will say I want to be a pastor..pastor that has not been able to solve any societal challenge..they just move around like kings,wearing expensive suit and commanding large crowd hodwinked by thier show and oratory.african youths..wake up
Re: Infectious Malaria Sporozoites Produced Without Mosquitoes by Supersymetry: 3:10pm On Feb 07, 2023
Ssddff:

From the article, they said it was difficult to make your on sporozoites in the lab, but now they developed a method to do it, so with the method they can produce as many as possible weak/inactive and strong sporozoites in the lab and the they are going to use the weak or inactive sporozoites by injecting into people so that their body will develop resistance against sporozoites, and not for other stage of the protozoa.

Then here comes the problem
1) they make artificial sporozoites in large quantities in the lab, giving room for mutation, the greater the cell population and mitosis, the greater the difference between each of them
2) introduce weak version into the body, gives room for "first/original antigenic sin". The lab generated sporozoites will be slightly different from wild species over time making the immume system having a difficult time. It might even trigger autoimmune response in some people.
3) some might escape the immume system's immediate response to form a different strain, then boom! Every anti malaria drug becomes useless.then we will have to develop a new drug which is not easy.

1 Like

Re: Infectious Malaria Sporozoites Produced Without Mosquitoes by Nobody: 3:29pm On Feb 07, 2023
genkins:

Religion clouds the mind bro.atheist nations have kids learn basic science and technology at an early age .infact china banned religion for kids under 18.the last time I checked,you all drive Japanese cars,carry asian phones etc.if the churches were research institution and all the money collected was channeled to research and learning.do you think we will be the poverty capital of the world.?Do u think we will be this backward?we spend all our youth praying and learning about a foreign religion.if u ask most children what they want to be in future.they will say I want to be a pastor..pastor that has not been able to solve any societal challenge..they just move around like kings,wearing expensive suit and commanding large crowd hodwinked by thier show and oratory.african youths..wake up

US and UK and many other countries developed when they were religious....

Also, if atheisim works, why did the USSR., a large atheist nation, collapse? THink on that.

The problem is not religion, it is funding, taxes, and governance.
Re: Infectious Malaria Sporozoites Produced Without Mosquitoes by genkins(m): 3:41pm On Feb 07, 2023
Kobonaire4:

Also, if atheisim works, why did the USSR., a large atheist nation, collapse? THink on that.

You carefully ignored irreligious countries like Canada, Germany,Norway etc that we religious people are migrating to.UK and US brought us thier versions of Christianity but even them today are converting churches to niteclubs.beacuse they know it's useless to the economy and wellbeing of it's people.

That USSR collapsed because it was an atheist nation..chai....how old are u sef?
Re: Infectious Malaria Sporozoites Produced Without Mosquitoes by Nobody: 3:45pm On Feb 07, 2023
genkins:

You carefully ignored irreligious countries like Canada, Germany,Norway etc that we religious people are migrating to.UK and US brought us thier versions of Christianity but even them today are converting churches to niteclubs.beacuse they know it's useless to the economy and wellbeing of it's people.

That USSR collapsed because it was an atheist nation..chai....how old are u sef?

The USSR collapsed.

After all, if you want to beleive that athesim means a nation is succesful...check out the USSR. They promoted atheisim in the schools, did not allow the teaching of religion , and they failed.

At the end, nations fail not because of one factor, but because of many factors.

The US is the world's leader in many scientific fields...and still heavily religious.

Stop blaming religion. I don't blame atheisim for the world's problems myself...or any ONE BIG THING.
Re: Infectious Malaria Sporozoites Produced Without Mosquitoes by genkins(m): 4:13pm On Feb 07, 2023
Kobonaire4:

The USSR collapsed.

After all, if you want to beleive that athesim means a nation is succesful...check out the USSR. They promoted atheisim in the schools, did not allow the teaching of religion , and they failed.

At the end, nations fail not because of one factor, but because of many factors.

The US is the world's leader in many scientific fields...and still heavily religious.

Stop blaming religion. I don't blame atheisim for the world's problems myself...or any ONE BIG THING.

How come Canada has not collapsed?china,Germany,Sweden,Norway etc...why are u applying to relocate there?why don't u stay in your religious Nigeria?US does not carry religion on thier heads like us.with 133m people in poverty,of what use is your religion in Nigeria?google the most religious countries in the world u will see Afghanistan,Malawi ,Ethiopia etc..why not relocate there since religion is important
Re: Infectious Malaria Sporozoites Produced Without Mosquitoes by Ssddff: 5:37pm On Feb 07, 2023
Supersymetry:

From the article, they said it was difficult to make your on sporozoites in the lab, but now they developed a method to do it, so with the method they can produce as many as possible weak/inactive and strong sporozoites in the lab and the they are going to use the weak or inactive sporozoites by injecting into people so that their body will develop resistance against sporozoites, and not for other stage of the protozoa.

1) they make artificial sporozoites in large quantities in the lab, giving room for mutation, the greater the cell population and mitosis, the greater the difference between each of them
2) introduce weak version into the body, gives room for "first/original antigenic sin". The lab generated sporozoites will be slightly different from wild species over time making the immume system having a difficult time. It might even trigger autoimmune response in some people.
3) some might escape the immume system's immediate response to form a different strain, then boom! Every anti malaria drug becomes useless.then we will have to develop a new drug which is not easy.

You are right about the ability of the sporozite to mutate. Which will be another problem in the future.
And yes plasmodium itself has been mutating and getting resistant through the years. That’s why there are different compositions in different malaria drugs and it is advisable to switch from time to time.

The best thing is to eliminate all anopheles but I am a huge biodiversity advocate and it’s hard. But you are right. Eliminating the vectors could just end it all.
Re: Infectious Malaria Sporozoites Produced Without Mosquitoes by Ssddff: 5:48pm On Feb 07, 2023
Supersymetry:

And your number 1 isn’t how mutation works, and artificial sporozite is not accurate. They might be Genetically modified to survive in labs or whatever but they are not artificial. And mutation does not occur suddenly, it takes a trigger like fighting off our antibodies etc. Mutation in this sense gets dangerous if a resistant sporozite finds a way in a humans body and passed its ability to other sporozite buddies through horizontal transfer.
Re: Infectious Malaria Sporozoites Produced Without Mosquitoes by wirinet(m): 8:18pm On Feb 07, 2023
Kobonaire4:

Yes UK and Europe were very religious, but it was after people started questioning the authority of the priests and the authenticity of the Bible that development started.

The age of reason started by Thomas Paign in the beginning of 17th century led to scientists questioning the Church and many scientific discoveries and inventions.

USSR was never a nation, just as Russia now is not a nation. Even at that Russian scientists brought many important discoveries.

Re: Infectious Malaria Sporozoites Produced Without Mosquitoes by Supersymetry: 11:48pm On Feb 07, 2023
Ssddff:

And your number 1 isn’t how mutation works, and artificial sporozite is not accurate. They might be Genetically modified to survive in labs or whatever but they are not artificial. And mutation does not occur suddenly, it takes a trigger like fighting off our antibodies etc. Mutation in this sense gets dangerous if a resistant sporozite finds a way in a humans body and passed its ability to other sporozite buddies through horizontal transfer.
Mutation can also occur during cell division (mitosis) without trigger, because of errors in creating new copies of the gene, the probability of this kind of mutation is directly proportional to the number of cell divisions (mitosis).
I used artificial sporozoites because they are going to make or increase the number sporozoites themselves, in-vitro.
Re: Infectious Malaria Sporozoites Produced Without Mosquitoes by Nobody: 2:46am On Feb 08, 2023
wirinet:

Yes UK and Europe were very religious, but it was after people started questioning the authority of the priests and the authenticity of the Bible that development started.

The age of reason started by Thomas Paign in the beginning of 17th century led to scientists questioning the Church and many scientific discoveries and inventions.

USSR was never a nation, just as Russia now is not a nation. Even at that Russian scientists brought many important discoveries.

A full discussion of the relationship between religion and science is way beyond the purposes of this site....but a good book to read is this one. It is far more complicated than 'Paine got people questioning things'.

Also, the USSR was to all intents and purposes a nation. At least a federated nation of states. And if you don't want to use the USSR as an example...there are a host of other communist countries that promoted science and disparged religion....and still all collapsed because at the end funding.(Yes, that's basically it).

(And don't ye dare tell any Russian now Russia is not a nation...).
Re: Infectious Malaria Sporozoites Produced Without Mosquitoes by Ssddff: 6:47am On Feb 08, 2023
Supersymetry:

Mutation can also occur during cell division (mitosis) without trigger, because of errors in creating new copies of the gene, the probability of this kind of mutation is directly proportional to the number of cell divisions (mitosis).
I used artificial sporozoites because they are going to make or increase the number sporozoites themselves, in-vitro.

Mutation always occurs when there has been a change or error during dna replication and that’s what I meant by trigger. Mutation leading to resistance is always caused by exposure and adaptation to what has been killing the microbe.

Don’t you think if all anopheles are eliminated. Plasmodium will find a way to evolve, infiltrate other vectors and find their way in us one way or another in future. I believe this micro organism are just as intelligent when it comes to survival.
Re: Infectious Malaria Sporozoites Produced Without Mosquitoes by Supersymetry: 7:26am On Feb 08, 2023
Ssddff:

Mutation always occurs when there has been a change or error during dna replication and that’s what I meant by trigger. Mutation leading to resistance is always caused by exposure and adaptation to what has been killing the microbe.

Don’t you think if all anopheles are eliminated. Plasmodium will find a way to evolve, infiltrate other vectors and find their way in us one way or another in future. I believe this micro organism are just as intelligent when it comes to survival.
The probability of Plasmodium evolving to use a new vector increase only with time scale of centuries, by that time most humans would have transcended into non-biological entity, in combination.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

88 COVID-19 Vaccination Centers In Lagos (full List) / Walnut As Panacea For Stress, Infections, Infertility / Coping With Mental Illness In Nigeria: A Beautiful Writer's Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.