Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,984 members, 7,835,299 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:18 AM

BREAKING: EFCC Nabs Abuja Bank Manager Hoarding N29m New Notes - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / BREAKING: EFCC Nabs Abuja Bank Manager Hoarding N29m New Notes (767 Views)

Naira Redesign: Old, New Notes Are Legal Tender – CBN Reveals / Emefiele: No Papers To Print ₦‎200, ₦‎500, ₦‎1000 New Notes / CBN Bans Over-The-Counter Withdrawal Of New Notes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

BREAKING: EFCC Nabs Abuja Bank Manager Hoarding N29m New Notes by Corrinthians(m): 7:58pm On Feb 06, 2023

An operations manager of a leading commercial bank in Abuja central area was on Monday arrested by operatives of the Economic and Financial Commission, for refusing to load the Automated Teller Machines of the bank despite having N29million of the new naira notes in the branch’s vaults, The PUNCH reports.

Before he was taken away for further questioning, the operatives ordered the loading of all the ATMs and the payment of the stipulated amount across the counter to the delight of the distraught customers who had spent hours on queues without getting the new notes.

The Head, Media and Publicity, EFCC, Wilson Uwujaren revealed in a statement obtained by our correspondent on Monday.

Uwujaren noted that this discovery, which indicated a sabotage of the government’s monetary policy by some banks, was made by the EFCC in continuation of the ongoing surveillance and visit to banks across the country to access their vaults and verify whether they were deliberately refusing to dispense the redesigned naira notes.

He said, “More than five bank branches were covered on Monday by the EFCC operatives in Abuja, similar exercises are ongoing in zonal commands across the country.

“The operation will continue until normalcy is restored to the banking system.

“Nigerians finding it difficult to access their funds at any bank and suspects foul play should contact the commission, for immediate intervention.”

https://punchng.com/breaking-efcc-nabs-abuja-bank-manager-hoarding-n29m-new-notes/

Cc: Mynd44, Nlfpmod.

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: EFCC Nabs Abuja Bank Manager Hoarding N29m New Notes by Homefingers: 8:00pm On Feb 06, 2023
How did those terrorists get the new notes.

Arrest them all 2faced bank mangers
Re: BREAKING: EFCC Nabs Abuja Bank Manager Hoarding N29m New Notes by SmartPolician: 8:04pm On Feb 06, 2023
He should be charged to court at once.

These idiots have sworn that this country won't work!
Re: BREAKING: EFCC Nabs Abuja Bank Manager Hoarding N29m New Notes by EzeNwaanyiMmili(f): 8:17pm On Feb 06, 2023
SmartPolician:
He should be charged to court at once.

These idiots have sworn that this country won't work!
he should be beheaded immediately
Re: BREAKING: EFCC Nabs Abuja Bank Manager Hoarding N29m New Notes by Adaisback(f): 8:21pm On Feb 06, 2023
EzeNwaanyiMmili:
slaughter him immediately
I paid 10k for a 30k withdrawal today and I'm so vexed now
I don't know if I can sleep well angry
ego na sa gi afo . I no get such mind biko
Re: BREAKING: EFCC Nabs Abuja Bank Manager Hoarding N29m New Notes by SmartPolician: 8:29pm On Feb 06, 2023
EzeNwaanyiMmili:
he should be beheaded immediately

😂😂😂😂😂
Re: BREAKING: EFCC Nabs Abuja Bank Manager Hoarding N29m New Notes by EzeNwaanyiMmili(f): 8:36pm On Feb 06, 2023
Adaisback:
ego na sa gi afo . I no get such mind biko
the thing still dey pain me since

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: EFCC Nabs Abuja Bank Manager Hoarding N29m New Notes by Adaisback(f): 8:42pm On Feb 06, 2023
EzeNwaanyiMmili:
the thing still dey pain me since
ndo dear. It is well inugo. That's part of being a manI. Odiro easy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: EFCC Nabs Abuja Bank Manager Hoarding N29m New Notes by GOFRONT(m): 8:43pm On Feb 06, 2023
Let his dikc be cut off and grilled for him to eat.

Desperately wicked thing

(1) (Reply)

Business To Start With Less Than N15,000 And Make Quick And Huge Profit In 2023 / Naira Strengthens Hard Against USDT / #50,000,000 Business Advice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.