Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,145 members, 7,835,823 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:34 PM

About New Nigerian Movie "7 Queer Stories" Season 1 - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / About New Nigerian Movie "7 Queer Stories" Season 1 (355 Views)

Corona Virus: New Nigerian Movie. / Nigerian Movie Subtitles / Who Has Seen The Late 90s Nigeria Movie '7-12' Help Me With The Song In It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

About New Nigerian Movie "7 Queer Stories" Season 1 by mailmiyes(f): 9:04pm On Feb 08, 2023
"7 queer stories" movie review: My personal Review on 7 Queer Stories Season 1:

So if there is anything to do this holidays, I guess you might want to be open minded and watch something weird. I got the chance to watch a queer series titled “7 Queer Stories”. This series is a queer anthology series. I guess it is first of its kind cos I haven’t seen any like it. It was directed by Enogwe Chidiebere, seen a couple of his movies and I love his directing. The EP of the series, Feibai Lokoson did a good job with his crew. Angel, Patience, Emmanuel. They are all great people to work with.
Story centers around the LGBT community in Nigeria. I think this is one of first LGBT SERIES ever made in Nigeria. The ones I have been coming across are mainly movies.
For content, I give them a 9/10. It’s not easy making such movie in a homophobic country like Nigeria where they actually can imprison someone for being queer. My personal ratings on this movie is 6/10. This includes storyline and all. Reason why is because some actors didn’t do justice to their roles. I found out that majority of the actors are straight; allegedly. They should have worked with queer actors if they wanted to kill the role. In some parts where they were supposed to show emotions, they couldn’t, or the part where they were supposed to kiss, they didn’t. The gay slangs used by gay people was not well used also. However, the script writer, Gabriel did a fantastic job on the story line. I loved it. For story line, I ‘ll say 7/10
7 Queer Stories has 7 stories in the series which are Confessions, Corper wee, Victims, Snide, Aberration, Stalker and Exposing Kitos.
Without giving too much information, let me tell you guys a bit about each of them.

Confessions, the first one spoke about a down-low secretive catholic priest who molests young boys in his church and hides his secret by eliminating them. You need to go watch to find out what I mean by eliminating.

The second one; Corper wee is about 2 straight Christian men who fall in love because they found themselves trapped in an environment for a year that prevented them from associating with women because the women are Muslim women. This storyline was one of my best.

The third one is Victims. Also talks about a straight boy that had to become queer because he needed to survive and help his mother.

The fourth one, Snide. This didn’t really focus on a gay story line. I don’t know if the director did this on purpose so straight viewers can breathe small. However, this was a story about a lady that got kidnapped. It was rather plain, common and uninteresting in my opinion.

The fifth one, Aberration. This showcased a story about what someone might do if he invited a total stranger over to his house and that stranger dies suddenly after having sex.

The sixth story is stalker. The name speaks for itself. I didn’t like this too much also. It felt unrealistic. I don’t know how gay people operate but I don’t believe someone can be a stalker like that.

The last one; exposing kitos, this was also one of my best storylines and I loved the title. I have heard of a group in Nigeria that uses its platform to expose people who harm gay people. Was refreshing to see this in a movie.

So like I said earlier, over all, it was an above average movie. The production company, Funfor10k did a great job. Kudos to everyone involved. If you would like to go see the movie, google it or watch on febztv.

Re: About New Nigerian Movie "7 Queer Stories" Season 1 by anthonyuncle(m): 9:24pm On Feb 08, 2023
gay what angry

(1) (Reply)

Movie: Checkers (2024) [nollywood Movie] / More Than A Dozen State Governors / I Want To Make Makoko Documentary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.