Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,958 members, 7,821,377 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:09 PM

How Do I Break Into Nollywood As An Actress? - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / How Do I Break Into Nollywood As An Actress? (2869 Views)

Group Moves To Rename Nollywood As Naiwood / Fear Grips Nollywood As Soyinka Steps In / I Want To Become An Actress (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Break Into Nollywood As An Actress? by Realstar86: 9:57pm On Sep 09, 2011
This topic must be exhausted by now, but unfortunately, all the discussions I found on it are slightly older posts, therefore I am seeking fresh and updated insights. I am a young woman, seeking to break into nollywood as an actress. I possess the innate talent (so I've been told by my acting instructors), the education (took acting and scriptwriting classes), and the physical appeal (beautiful). I spent a number of years in the United States, so I am highly fluent in the English language and my English is refined ( I am told that this is a desirable attribute in nollywood, but I'm not sure).The only thing missing is the opportunity to showcase my skills. If anyone has a strong lead on how I can connect with a bona fide director or producer in the industry or how I can break into the industry, I will greatly appreciate it.

N/B: I don't need any bullshitting or opportunists who only seek to exploit others. In addition, I took my time to study the craft, so I expect to work with someone who has, equally, studied their craft. Having clarified these points, all insights, advice, information etc will be immensely appreciated!
Re: How Do I Break Into Nollywood As An Actress? by coogar: 10:00pm On Sep 09, 2011
Realstar86:

This topic must be exhausted by now, but unfortunately, all the discussions I found on it are slightly older posts, therefore I am seeking fresh and updated insights. I am a young woman, seeking to break into nollywood as an actress. I possess the innate talent (so I've been told by my acting instructors), the education (took acting and scriptwriting classes), and the physical appeal (beautiful). I spent a number of years in the United States, so I am highly fluent in the English language and my English is refined ( I am told that this is a desirable attribute in nollywood, but I'm not sure).The only thing missing is the opportunity to showcase my skills.  If anyone has a strong lead on how I can connect with a bona fide director or producer in the industry or how I can break into the industry, I will greatly appreciate it. 

N/B: I don't need any bullshitting or opportunists who only seek to exploit others. In addition, I took my time to study the craft, so I expect to work with someone who has, equally, studied their craft. Having clarified these points, all insights, advice, information etc will be immensely appreciated!

i believe it's the easiest industry to break into if you can do unprecedented acting. . . .
the industry needs sharon stone, paris hilton, grace jones, etc.
if you can up the ante and bare it all. . . . . .within 3 months, you will be bagging millions of naira at the speed of light.
Re: How Do I Break Into Nollywood As An Actress? by Realstar86: 8:56pm On Sep 10, 2011
Hi Coogar,

Thanks for taking the time to respond; but I don't think you had a good grasp of what I was asking for. You are correct, it is a known fact that some women resort to utilizing certain condescending avenues to get what they want. However, in my post, I emphazised that I needed a "strong lead" on how to connect with a director or producer or "strong lead" on how to break into the industry. Therefore I wasn't asking for a "general idea", "strong lead" is the key word. To further clarify myself, I am seeking information in the line of who to meet, who to talk to, how to get in contact with who; you know, the specifics, not speculations.
Re: How Do I Break Into Nollywood As An Actress? by Uzzyan: 9:48pm On Sep 10, 2011
There are so many ways to get to knw, I take acting as my part-time ish but havent appeared on any movie yet cos i have bin busy!!
I have dis facebook pal dat says he is a director, scriptwriter nd all he said he cud help me get in strong but i wont like to give u his contact cos he started asking me for some unholy tinzzz nd i was like i prefer staying d way i am instead of ruining my life!!
Since u say u studied abroad u wud be a hot-cake!! Just get audition dates nd all but pls if u want to be well recognised, go join AGN(Actors Guild of Nigeria)!! Dey wud help beta
Re: How Do I Break Into Nollywood As An Actress? by Realstar86: 10:14pm On Sep 10, 2011
Hi Uzzyyan,

Thank you so much for your insight. Your friend is wrong for acting that way, and I'm proud of you for standing strong. Yeah, I did try to register for AGN, but they don't seem to have a website, so can you tell me the steps to registering. Much Thanks.
Re: How Do I Break Into Nollywood As An Actress? by vinderbilt: 3:24pm On Sep 11, 2011
If you are serious about acting then I can give you contact to a few producers, I dont wanna personally recommend you, but I can direct you and if you have what it takes, who knows,

(1) (Reply)

"Secret Circle" Fan Thread / Top Gun: Maverick [full Movie Download] / Catalina And Sebastian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.