Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,294 members, 7,836,283 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:35 AM

Church Of England Will Bless Gay Civil Unions - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Church Of England Will Bless Gay Civil Unions (420 Views)

Church Of England Wants To Stop Referring To God As ‘he’, ‘him’ And ‘our Father' / Church Of England Votes In Favour Of Blessings For Same-sex Unions (pics) / 'Pope Didn't Fully Support Gay Civil Unions, Comments Were Taken Out Of Context' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Church Of England Will Bless Gay Civil Unions by Dandal: 2:23am On Feb 10, 2023
The church recently issued an apology to LGBTQ people for the ‘hostile and homophobic response’ it once gave them

The Church of England will offer blessings to same-sex civil unions after its General Synod voted in favor of the measure, its two leaders, the Archbishops of Canterbury and York, announced on Thursday.

“For the first time, the Church of England will publicly, unreservedly and joyfully welcome same-sex couples in church,” the archbishops said in a statement, while conceding that “the church continues to have deep differences on these questions.” They insisted the Church was “committed to respecting” those “for whom this goes too far.”

T[b]he body debated for over eight hours on the measure, initially introduced last month, before reaching its decision, with 250 votes in favor and 181 against. An amendment emphasizing that the move does not represent a divergence from existing Church doctrine, which does not permit same-sex marriage, was added during the process.
[/b]
Archbishop of York Stephen Cottrell stressed that “no one has to offer these services and no one will be disadvantaged if they don’t,” according to the BBC.

Bishops announced the result with a call for proposals for same-sex blessings, which will be outlined in a publication titled 'Prayers of Love and Faith' to be issued by the House of Bishops later this year after some editing. Their use will be monitored for the next five years, the Church said. Same-sex couples will still not be able to actually get married in the church, which upset those hoping for full equality under religious law.

The Synod’s compromise “falls short of what we ultimately believe is the only outcome for radical inclusion - equal marriage for all people,” chair of the Church’s Campaign for Equal Marriage Nigel Pietroni told The Guardian.

The Evangelical Council lamented that the Church had rejected its “historical and biblical understanding of sex and marriage,” arguing the vote had “settled nothing and has only served to deepen divisions,” and the Global South Fellowship of Anglican Churches skewered the Archbishop of Canterbury and questioned his “fitness to lead.”

The Church of England last month published a formal apology to the LGBTQ community for its previous “hostile and homophobic response” to same-sex couples, saying it repents for the “shameful” behavior.

House of Commons leader Penny Mordaunt wrote to the bishops last month urging “parishes and clergy to conduct weddings for same-sex couples, or at a minimum, authorize blessings.”

https://www.rt.com/news/571251-church-england-gay-marriage-blessings/

Re: Church Of England Will Bless Gay Civil Unions by Goldbw122(m): 4:10am On Feb 10, 2023
God is watching them from heaven.
Re: Church Of England Will Bless Gay Civil Unions by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:30am On Feb 10, 2023
We told people that the first time they're meeting Christians is when Jehovah's Witnesses knock on their doors they will start arguing blindly claiming those that came to enslave their ancestors are Christians, now the truth is revealing itself! smiley
Re: Church Of England Will Bless Gay Civil Unions by Dtruthspeaker: 7:39am On Feb 10, 2023
MaxInDHouse:
We told people that the first time they're meeting Christians is when Jehovah's Witnesses knock on their doors they will start arguing blindly claiming those that came to enslave their ancestors are Christians, now the truth is revealing itself! smiley

As if jw is not an offspring of the same slavers!

All creations will do the Will of God and devils are not beyond the use of God exactly like Satan did not know that he was pursuing God's Plan by his desire to murder Christ.
Re: Church Of England Will Bless Gay Civil Unions by Dtruthspeaker: 7:42am On Feb 10, 2023
If dem like make dem bless Satan, e no mean anything save the proof that the prophecies Antichrist or his forerunner is there and they would soon be revealed.

So I thank The Lord, this rubbish world would soon be over and all the devils would be carried away to their everlasting life of punishment.
Re: Church Of England Will Bless Gay Civil Unions by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:46am On Feb 10, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

As if jw is not an offspring of the same slavers!
All creations will do the Will of God and devils are not beyond the use of God exactly like Satan did not know that he was pursuing God's Plan by his desire to murder Christ.

Jehovah's Witnesses was chosen in the year 1919 and assigned to preach and teach the truth globally, from that time on Satan is free to do whatever he pleases with all other religions but as for Jesus' group it's either you comply with the law of Christ or disfellowshiped.
Of course sinners are found among God's people but we won't approve their sinful traits simply because their number is much we will do whatever it takes to reprove and correct them if they're willing to make a U-turn.
That's what true Christianity means! wink
Re: Church Of England Will Bless Gay Civil Unions by Dtruthspeaker: 7:58am On Feb 10, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

Jehovah's Witnesses was chosen in the year 1919...

I know you were not around in 1919 and therefore you did not see who chose them.

For even the people Christ Himself chose to Himself have long since disappeare. And after the Pentecost, God's Work was Finished, thus, it is not God Who chose you people.

Meanwhile, we know that people choose themselves and the people who made themselves jw are still the same offsprings and fathers of those enslavers.

So you are no different and do not have any thing to say

1 Like

Re: Church Of England Will Bless Gay Civil Unions by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:01am On Feb 10, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

I know you were not around in 1919 and therefore you did not see who chose them.
For even the people Christ Himself chose to Himself have long since disappeare. And after the Pentecost, God's Work was Finished, thus, it is not God Who chose you people.
Meanwhile, we know that people choose themselves and the people who made themselves jw are still the same offsprings and fathers of those enslavers.

Considering the bolded.
Were you around to confirm who the Christ is?
Were you around to confirm who the Christ chose? cheesy
Re: Church Of England Will Bless Gay Civil Unions by Dtruthspeaker: 4:21pm On Feb 10, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

Considering the bolded.

I already said it.
Re: Church Of England Will Bless Gay Civil Unions by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:05pm On Feb 10, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

I already said it.
So you have no evidence to prove what you're saying just as you're asking me too. wink
Re: Church Of England Will Bless Gay Civil Unions by Dtruthspeaker: 10:37pm On Feb 10, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

So you have no evidence to prove what you're saying just as you're asking me too. wink

See, you are a twisting serpent, exactly as Satan.
Re: Church Of England Will Bless Gay Civil Unions by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:54pm On Feb 10, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

See, you are a twisting serpent, exactly as Satan.

Dtruthspeaker:

I know you were not around in the first century
So there's no reason arguing over what none of us witnessed, keep yours while i keep mind! wink
Re: Church Of England Will Bless Gay Civil Unions by Dtruthspeaker: 11:00pm On Feb 10, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

So there's no reason arguing over what none of us witnessed, keep yours while i keep mind! wink

Satan, it is evident that jw is a product and production of the same people who enslaved.

Thus, Serpentson, you are only proving that you are a liar like your father Satan.
Re: Church Of England Will Bless Gay Civil Unions by MaxInDHouse(m): 11:10pm On Feb 10, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

Satan, it is evident that jw is a product and production of the same people who enslaved.
Thus, Serpentson, you are only proving that you are a liar like your father Satan.

JWs will never raise weapons to intimidate anyone nor join political movement to enforce their opinion on others like the Serpent did.

So you're WRONG! wink
Re: Church Of England Will Bless Gay Civil Unions by Dtruthspeaker: 11:43pm On Feb 10, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

JWs will never raise weapons to intimidate anyone nor join political movement to enforce their opinion on others like the Serpent did.

So you're WRONG! wink

Deviation from post. We are not talking about jw foreign and domestic policy of 1980 but about the jw founding fathers who were fathers of Slavers and the slavers themselves and bandits of other people's lands.
Re: Church Of England Will Bless Gay Civil Unions by MaxInDHouse(m): 11:49pm On Feb 10, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

Deviation from post. We are not talking about jw foreign and domestic policy of 1980 but about the jw founding fathers who were fathers of Slavers and the slavers themselves and bandits of other people's lands.

Ọmọ even God never asked for what people don't know about so i am talking about the one and only group God approved in the year 1919 because they were willing to amend their beliefs and fit in as peacelovers.

So if you're saying their ancestors were evil that's understandable but they have chosen to do away with politics which makes them peace lovers! smiley
Re: Church Of England Will Bless Gay Civil Unions by Dtruthspeaker: 7:04am On Feb 11, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

Ọmọ even God never asked for what people don't know about so i am talking about the one and only group God approved in the year 1919 because they were willing to amend their beliefs and fit in as peacelovers.

So if you're saying their ancestors were evil that's understandable but they have chosen to do away with politics which makes them peace lovers! smiley

You were first denying that they were evil and now that you have finally admitted it, thus, I can now say that your evil founders are still continuing in their evil as you are now broadcasting their 1919 lies even God had clearly said "it is finished".

Clearly, jw is one of the false prophets God told us that we should look out for and you and your group confirm it with your 19ness.
Re: Church Of England Will Bless Gay Civil Unions by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:53am On Feb 11, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

You were first denying that they were evil and now that you have finally admitted it, thus, I can now say that your evil founders are still continuing in their evil as you are now broadcasting their 1919 lies even God had clearly said "it is finished".

Clearly, jw is one of the false prophets God told us that we should look out for and you and your group confirm it with your 19ness.

Ọmọ present your church i am Maximus one of Jehovah's Witnesses! wink
Re: Church Of England Will Bless Gay Civil Unions by MightySparrow: 5:53pm On Feb 11, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

Considering the bolded.

I am laughing in JWs' paradise language.grin grin
Re: Church Of England Will Bless Gay Civil Unions by MightySparrow: 5:58pm On Feb 11, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

Dwight Eisenhower, a time president of the USA was a JW. MaximumSide will tell us they were in darkness or dim light then, now they have light, new fading light.

I laugh in JWs'paradise languagegrin
Re: Church Of England Will Bless Gay Civil Unions by MightySparrow: 6:09pm On Feb 11, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

Jehovah's Witnesses was chosen in the year 1919 and assigned to preach and teach the truth globally, from that time on Satan is free to do whatever he pleases with all other religions but as for Jesus' group it's either you comply with the law of Christ or disfellowshiped.
Of course sinners are found among God's people but we won't approve their sinful traits simply because their number is much we will do whatever it takes to reprove and correct them if they're willing to make a U-turn.
That's what true Christianity means! wink

My grandfather attened the meeting when Jws were chosen. I remember telling us how Jesus look like.

In attendance were the GB, 8 of them. He now told them the number would be 10 in the future.

He gave the qualifications for knowing the anointed ones. The other day, Stephen Lett or David Splain reminded us in a conference. I almost forgot.

I was already thinking that this people were imposing their ideas on Jehovah when I remembered that JWs are special and think for God.

I am laughing in Arabic, Antichristian's prophet's native language.

You know when confusion meets delusion.

The result is laughtergrin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

The AntiChrist or the David Michael Just Got elevated. / Judge Orders Immediate Release Of Former MFM Chorister, Ayotunde Richard........ / Daily Manna Feeding On His Word Daily

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.