Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,690 members, 7,816,823 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:54 PM

I'm Confused About The Grade Level I Was Given For A Federal Government Job - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / I'm Confused About The Grade Level I Was Given For A Federal Government Job (28401 Views)

FG Approves Grade Level 10 as the public service entry point Of BNSc Nurses / I'm Confused About The Grade Level I Was Given For A Federal Government Job / Monthly Salary Of A Federal Road Safety (FRSC) Officer? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'm Confused About The Grade Level I Was Given For A Federal Government Job by GEJTILL2019(m): 4:39pm On Feb 10, 2023
I submitted my CV with HND qualifications for a Federal Job, during the interviews, they said i will be employed with my diploma as a Technical Officer. But when i received my APL, I saw assistant Technical Officer on Conhess 5step 1.

Please what should i do ? I am confused now

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I'm Confused About The Grade Level I Was Given For A Federal Government Job by Gistcore00: 4:47pm On Feb 10, 2023
For Diploma is level 6 step 01. That's senior Technical Officer. You need to complain, it might be an error from them

36 Likes 8 Shares

Re: I'm Confused About The Grade Level I Was Given For A Federal Government Job by HenryWilliams(m): 4:50pm On Feb 10, 2023
GEJTILL2019:
I submitted my CV with HND qualifications for a Federal Job, during the interviews, they said i will be employed with my diploma as a Technical Officer. But when i received my APL, I saw assistant Technical Officer on Conhess 5step 1.

Your statement is self explanatory.
They hired you based on your qualification as Diploma..
HND would probably have put u in GL8.
Best thing is to accept the appointment, get confirmation after two years and then write for advancement..
Better still further your education past HND and get advanced to higher GL.
Or reject the offer and seek employment elsewhere

163 Likes 10 Shares

Re: I'm Confused About The Grade Level I Was Given For A Federal Government Job by NOGRUDGES(m): 5:21pm On Feb 10, 2023
U suppose don call da nuba
Re: I'm Confused About The Grade Level I Was Given For A Federal Government Job by Gift96: 6:03pm On Feb 10, 2023
What they did is, you were employed with Diploma obviously because there are more people more qualified with HND&Back.

Enter first ... Then use the same link through which you get the job to pull your promotion and or correction of your grade...

Sometimes when I hear or see people getting federal jobs, it sounds like you are extremely Lucky.
Good luck bruh

91 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I'm Confused About The Grade Level I Was Given For A Federal Government Job by Manigie: 7:27pm On Feb 10, 2023
With an ND, that's your correct grade level... Conhess is used for health workers.
So while ND holders start on Grade 6 in other places, in the health system where Conhess is used, they start on Conhess 5. While Graduates in other places start on GL8, in health system it is Conhess 7.

103 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I'm Confused About The Grade Level I Was Given For A Federal Government Job by BlackyOne: 10:35pm On Feb 10, 2023
I can't remember any or past FG CS recruiting other than the recent immigration recruitment, and as far as I know they're yet to employ, now I wonder how you got your employment?

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I'm Confused About The Grade Level I Was Given For A Federal Government Job by Holybaddo: 11:31pm On Feb 10, 2023
Seriously what are you people saying

You na just dey confuse me

6 Likes

Re: I'm Confused About The Grade Level I Was Given For A Federal Government Job by trebron(m): 6:49am On Feb 11, 2023
What was stated on your appointment letter is correct because under the conhess salary scheme it usually counts one grade level backwards in one's grade level ie an employed grade level 10 officer for example will be conhess 9 under the conhess salary scheme.

8 Likes

Re: I'm Confused About The Grade Level I Was Given For A Federal Government Job by Nobody: 8:25am On Feb 11, 2023
Even at Grade Level 16 you'll find no joy in any kind of Appointment in today's Nigeria. Yes, the pay may look good but there's certainly not going to be Job Satisfaction. Learn a trade, infuse your Initiative into it and watch your great rising even at Midday.

9 Likes

Re: I'm Confused About The Grade Level I Was Given For A Federal Government Job by Christobeat: 8:25am On Feb 11, 2023
Accept am first & seek advancement later.....

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I'm Confused About The Grade Level I Was Given For A Federal Government Job by Risingblue008(m): 8:25am On Feb 11, 2023
Dge

1 Like

Re: I'm Confused About The Grade Level I Was Given For A Federal Government Job by Mandate2023: 8:26am On Feb 11, 2023
HenryWilliams:

Your statement is self explanatory.
They hired you based on your qualification as Diploma..
HND would probably have put u in GL8.
Best thing is to accept the appointment, get confirmation after two years and then write for advancement..
Better still further your education past HND and get advanced to higher GL.
Or reject the offer and seek employment elsewhere

U don't know what u r saying....HND is level 7 and Bsc is 8

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Confused About The Grade Level I Was Given For A Federal Government Job by sofiscatedmoron: 8:26am On Feb 11, 2023
Too much long legs

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I'm Confused About The Grade Level I Was Given For A Federal Government Job by babaRUNtinz(m): 8:27am On Feb 11, 2023
Me sef confuse

1 Like

Re: I'm Confused About The Grade Level I Was Given For A Federal Government Job by Triangles1(m): 8:27am On Feb 11, 2023
Where business man is spending money white collar job wait till month ending and they spend with calculator.

My advice is short and clear attach business with your work and thank me later.

4 Likes

Re: I'm Confused About The Grade Level I Was Given For A Federal Government Job by wethebest(m): 8:28am On Feb 11, 2023
Just learn good I.T skill and be grading urself. In fact be rejecting some job offers 😋😋

2 Likes

Re: I'm Confused About The Grade Level I Was Given For A Federal Government Job by Oshin56(m): 8:30am On Feb 11, 2023
Mandate2023:

HND/BSC are the same. 8/2

8 Likes

Re: I'm Confused About The Grade Level I Was Given For A Federal Government Job by integrity16(m): 8:30am On Feb 11, 2023
All HND appointment starts with GL07 and under CONHESS salary structure, CONHESS 6 is grade level 07, CONHESS 07 IS GRADE LEVEL 8 and so on and so forth.

6 Likes

Re: I'm Confused About The Grade Level I Was Given For A Federal Government Job by Nwadu: 8:32am On Feb 11, 2023
As long as FG jobs are concerned there is no grade level or Salary discripancies btw HND and BSc in some parastata
Just that there is a limited level to which the HND holders can attain

For to be on the conhens means that the office is under the ministry of health or that you read a health related course.

Graduate entry for conhens starts at 7. While other Salary structures starts at 8.

This is because conhens doesn't have level 11 and 13. They jump from 10 to 12 when 12 to 14.

You were placed correctly cos you were employed with your OND.

What I would advise is that you put your ears down for when the next graduate recruitment would be, then you can tender your HND for upgrade.

You can DM me if you want a transfer of service. Regards

9 Likes

Re: I'm Confused About The Grade Level I Was Given For A Federal Government Job by flourishing247: 8:32am On Feb 11, 2023
What's the salary scale?
Re: I'm Confused About The Grade Level I Was Given For A Federal Government Job by parkervero(m): 8:34am On Feb 11, 2023
Mandate2023:

You are still living in the past. HND level starts at 8 now.

10 Likes

Re: I'm Confused About The Grade Level I Was Given For A Federal Government Job by Sirchiboy: 8:34am On Feb 11, 2023
GEJTILL2019:

Where do I submit my application bros
Re: I'm Confused About The Grade Level I Was Given For A Federal Government Job by Enemyofpeace: 8:36am On Feb 11, 2023
Go to the administration office with the letter and make you feelings known to them. It could be a mistake.

Please who get agege bread make him help me, this beans wey Mynd44 give me, no wan go for my mouth

2 Likes

Re: I'm Confused About The Grade Level I Was Given For A Federal Government Job by okpas01: 8:37am On Feb 11, 2023
For you to be offered a federal appointment now that no agency is recruiting shows you got the appointment via a corrupt means. Use ur corruption sorry connection to change ur level and stop rubbing it on our faces.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Confused About The Grade Level I Was Given For A Federal Government Job by Yankiss(m): 8:39am On Feb 11, 2023
You were employed on ND consideration. If you have a credible alternative, you may reject that job offer. But if none, take the one available. Then further your education and apply for upgrade. Good luck.

9 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I'm Confused About The Grade Level I Was Given For A Federal Government Job by Jonegonu: 8:41am On Feb 11, 2023
The grade level five (5) is the normal level an HND holder can be employed for in any institution In Nigeria. And you most start as an assistant officer position or a junior technician over time you will be promoted to the position of senior technician. And that will on level (7) and you will retire with that level. But if you up grade yourself by obtaining a BSC certificate while still working you can be up graded to level grade eight (cool and so on. That is how it works. No institution will employ you as a senior technician as a fresh graduate. Unless you have worked before and have some experience.then you can be considered to be employed with grade level (6). As technical officer,

5 Likes

Re: I'm Confused About The Grade Level I Was Given For A Federal Government Job by ecolime(m): 8:41am On Feb 11, 2023
Sirchiboy:
Where do I submit my application bros
You will wait for response to this forever cheesy

1 Like

Re: I'm Confused About The Grade Level I Was Given For A Federal Government Job by Trill1(m): 8:42am On Feb 11, 2023
Your question has been answered by the second OP.

Make money from us by selling us your bad inverter batteries. Connect us on WhatsApp or call. Check signature for details.
Re: I'm Confused About The Grade Level I Was Given For A Federal Government Job by Godwinmy: 8:42am On Feb 11, 2023
Is it Nigeria Port Authority job or NIMASA?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Biggest CV And Resume Blunders Made By Job Seekers And How To Avoid Them / 774,000 Jobs: Soldiers Beat Up Applicants In Ibadan (video) / Make Money Marking Waec And Neco Scripts.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.