Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,648 members, 7,851,193 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 02:54 PM

How Insurgency Forced Me Out School For Almost 10 Years - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How Insurgency Forced Me Out School For Almost 10 Years (306 Views)

Moment Medical Students Find Out School Will Be Tuition-free / I Ran Into My Classmate After 10 Years And She Did This / Chief Lawrence Oriowo Is Giving Out School Fees To Undergraduates Apply Now (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Insurgency Forced Me Out School For Almost 10 Years by Aaron1012: 10:03am On Feb 12, 2023
Hi fellow nairalanders. With much respect for every member reading. commenting. Or making suggestions towards my bitter pass experience is highly welcome. And with so much regard I'll really appreciate your contributions. pls pardon my typing errors. Without much ego. I was born and raised in a border town called gamboru ngala borno state. A town deeply affected by the insurgency for almost a decade. b4 the insurgency life was going perfectly fine for our family of seven. Untill the insurgency surface. Gradually things started going left side for us. before then I was doing great in school. My mum always proud of me and I had promised her that I'm going to be a great journalist in the future. till this day my dream was never fulfill. Cause you don't know what tomorrow brings. Had I know my future then. I wouldn't have promised her. I was in SS2 when Boko Haram invaded our school and burnt it down to ashes with no documents to retrieve. We were Left out school for months with no hope going back to school insight. I will never forget that frightening day in my life when Boko Haram invaded the town in their hundreds on vehicles and some on motorcycles shooting sporadically at anybody on sight. They burnt gamboru international market and carted away millions of naira goods. And my dad shop is also burnt. Nothing left for him to fend for the family needs. Soon aftermath of the incident he was diagnosed with diabetic and hypertension till this date he's on sick bed for nearly 9 years. unable to walk or stand on his toes for 2 years now things is always getting worse for him. troops had been sent to protect the vulnerable people of the town. For weeks Boko Haram keeps penetrating and eager to capture the town. We flee to Cameroon and we left all our belonging behind and is the only option. We had been in refugee camp for months. thanks to UNICEF redCross and some NGO's for providing food and shelter for us. Unfortunately We lost one our aunty to decease related to colerhea while in The camp. Nigerian government provided free transport to evacuate it's citizen back to the country. I used this opportunity also join the traveling party. Altough I left mum dad who is sick and my siblings at the refugee camp. My mission is to come and hustle here in Nigeria. After we arrived in Yola I refused to stay in the camp. I proceeded my journey to one the northwest state. There I started struggling doing minial jobs and sending my parents money taking care of them and finally I relocated them to adamawa state. Now God bless my business with lucrative income. Am now financially stable paying my siblings school fees. I also sponsor my immediate younger sister into polytechnic the two younger ones are still in secondry school while our last born in primary 5. Am shouldering all of my parents responsibilities as a first born. Now that am financially stable and my business permit me to go back to school. Because I have a free time to study that's why I want to use this opportunity to go back to school. PLS TAKE NOTE l AM 28 YEARS OLD, our home is burnt by the insurgency we lost everything even my mom's school certificates and some of my dad documents too My primary school certificate is also affected and I couldn't complete my secondary school due to the insurgency. Experts in the house pls what should I do. Am desperately in need of going back to school. But honestly speaking I have no certificate to prove that I hav attended any school. Whenever am alone I always cry when I see some of my childhood friends who have the privilege to further their education graduated with Bsc and some as far as Msc. I know suicide is not an option for me. pls your contributions is welcome. Thanks
Re: How Insurgency Forced Me Out School For Almost 10 Years by Aaron1012: 10:05am On Feb 12, 2023
Lalasticlala seun mind44 dominqe pls do the needful push it to fp
Re: How Insurgency Forced Me Out School For Almost 10 Years by JOACHINpedro: 11:15am On Feb 12, 2023
Re: How Insurgency Forced Me Out School For Almost 10 Years by ghettochild(m): 12:07pm On Feb 12, 2023
Aaron1012:
Hi fellow nairalanders. With much respect for every member reading. commenting. Or making suggestions towards my bitter pass experience is highly welcome. And with so much regard I'll really appreciate your contributions. pls pardon my typing errors. Without much ego. I was born and raised in a border town called gamboru ngala borno state. A town deeply affected by the insurgency for almost a decade. b4 the insurgency life was going perfectly fine for our family of seven. Untill the insurgency surface. Gradually things started going left side for us. before then I was doing great in school. My mum always proud of me and I had promised her that I'm going to be a great journalist in the future. till this day my dream was never fulfill. Cause you don't know what tomorrow brings. Had I know my future then. I wouldn't have promised her. I was in SS2 when Boko Haram invaded our school and burnt it down to ashes with no documents to retrieve. We were Left out school for months with no hope going back to school insight. I will never forget that frightening day in my life when Boko Haram invaded the town in their hundreds on vehicles and some on motorcycles shooting sporadically at anybody on sight. They burnt gamboru international market and carted away millions of naira goods. And my dad shop is also burnt. Nothing left for him to fend for the family needs. Soon aftermath of the incident he was diagnosed with diabetic and hypertension till this date he's on sick bed for nearly 9 years. unable to walk or stand on his toes for 2 years now things is always getting worse for him. troops had been sent to protect the vulnerable people of the town. For weeks Boko Haram keeps penetrating and eager to capture the town. We flee to Cameroon and we left all our belonging behind and is the only option. We had been in refugee camp for months. thanks to UNICEF redCross and some NGO's for providing food and shelter for us. Unfortunately We lost one our aunty to decease related to colerhea while in The camp. Nigerian government provided free transport to evacuate it's citizen back to the country. I used this opportunity also join the traveling party. Altough I left mum dad who is sick and my siblings at the refugee camp. My mission is to come and hustle here in Nigeria. After we arrived in Yola I refused to stay in the camp. I proceeded my journey to one the northwest state. There I started struggling doing minial jobs and sending my parents money taking care of them and finally I relocated them to adamawa state. Now God bless my business with lucrative income. Am now financially stable paying my siblings school fees. I also sponsor my immediate younger sister into polytechnic the two younger ones are still in secondry school while our last born in primary 5. Am shouldering all of my parents responsibilities as a first born. Now that am financially stable and my business permit me to go back to school. Because I have a free time to study that's why I want to use this opportunity to go back to school. PLS TAKE NOTE l AM 28 YEARS OLD, our home is burnt by the insurgency we lost everything even my mom's school certificates and some of my dad documents too My primary school certificate is also affected and I couldn't complete my secondary school due to the insurgency. Experts in the house pls what should I do. Am desperately in need of going back to school. But honestly speaking I have no certificate to prove that I hav attended any school. Whenever am alone I always cry when I see some of my childhood friends who have the privilege to further their education graduated with Bsc and some as far as Msc. I know suicide is not an option for me. pls your contributions is welcome. Thanks
Brother man,no cry ooo cos some of ur friends wey go university don die..some sef no graduate n some like u no attend university..
My brother if u need ur waec n ur old sec still dey.. they can issue u a new one or u go to waec office.
But honestly, that shdnt deter u from learning
Abeg go do tech oooo..
Leave all the too much studying wahala...
It is well...
U na strong man.
Infact u strong pass me.

1 Like

Re: How Insurgency Forced Me Out School For Almost 10 Years by Nobody: 12:55pm On Feb 12, 2023
Kai Boko Haram don do people shege aswear!

I remembered then in 2007 when graduate doctors and other profession from Bornu state tore and burnt their certificates on national TV before joining the sect.

@Op have to tried to inquire from the state education board?
Re: How Insurgency Forced Me Out School For Almost 10 Years by Aaron1012: 1:06pm On Feb 12, 2023
AbdulMagaji:
Kai Boko Haram don do people shege aswear!

I remembered then in 2007 when graduate doctors and other profession from Bornu state tore and burnt their certificates on national TV before joining the sect.

@Op have to tried to inquire from the state education board?
no I didn't I'm currently living in another state
Re: How Insurgency Forced Me Out School For Almost 10 Years by RedPiller(m): 2:03pm On Feb 12, 2023
Sad.

You will found a way out InshaAllah
Re: How Insurgency Forced Me Out School For Almost 10 Years by reallouis: 3:05pm On Feb 12, 2023
What a season full of story, that touch😢😄
I assure you that you will find solutions 🙏
I wish you can email me,as i think there is a good information i need from you. please.realsaintlouis984@gmail.com

(1) (Reply)

BUK Expels 27 Students, Rusticates 8 Others For Exam Misconduct / Uk Admissions.... University Of Bradford / Easy Approach To Rationalization Of Surds

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.