Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,869 members, 7,828,097 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:24 AM

Chronic Boredom - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Chronic Boredom (184 Views)

How To Curb Boredom In Prayer / How To Curb Boredom In Prayer / Please Say A Prayer For those Suffering From Chronic Illness In This New Year (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chronic Boredom by fredwill1357(m): 10:53am On Feb 12, 2023
Are there people here who suffer from chronic boredom? Research says it is prevalent among people with high EIQ, or people who fall into the class of some mental disorders.
Do you experience chronic boredom? How do you cope with it? How do you spend your day?
CC: Kay17, deepsight,plaetton, pr0ton, thesourcerer, wirinet, sukkot, lhordspy. Every body is welcomed, its an open thread.
Re: Chronic Boredom by Kobojunkie: 10:55am On Feb 12, 2023
fredwill1357:
Are there people here who suffer from chronic boredom? Research says it is prevalent among people with high EIQ, or people who fall into the class of some mental disorders.
Do you experience chronic boredom? How do you cope with it? How do you spend your day?. Every body is welcomed, its an open thread.
You spend your day searching for ways to alleviate said boredom. That's pretty much all one can do.. undecided

1 Like

Re: Chronic Boredom by sukkot: 11:31am On Feb 12, 2023
fredwill1357:
Do you experience chronic boredom? How do you cope with it? How do you spend your day?
CC: Kay17, deepsight,plaetton, pr0ton, thesourcerer, wirinet, sukkot, lhordspy. Every body is welcomed, its an open thread.
well I can tell you that you need to identify the cause of your boredom. There are three basic types of boredom

ONE - is the boredom caused by lack of resources and so you are constrained and can’t afford to indulge in your pleasures . This is temporary boredom and is cured by monetary gains

TWO- is boredom caused by age. Aka see finish. You have experienced almost everything that can be experienced as you are over 50 and nothing thrills you again. You done see am finish. People in this category need to look for passions and hobby’s in their life. Discover new passions. Start exercises or enjoy a book or get into starting something challenging like try to learn a programming language .

THREE- the type of boredom experienced by higher beings. As a high frequency being everything people do or find exciting is mundane and trash to you so you can never find joy in human endeavours or human association. In fact you will find a life of voluntary reclusiveness more fulfilling and yet in your reclusive state you must be stimulated always or you will fall into boredom and so this category of people are at the highest risk of being bored but fortunately for them they have enough intelligence to come up with things in their isolation that would stimulate them. Could be spirituality or exploring sacred books or trying to break universal codes or trying to decode the matrix or etc etc . Point being these last set of people are above what most humans find exciting so they are the most prone to boredom if they do not seek and bask in a higher form of intelligence. To be a high IQ being and be lazy is the ultimate boredom because you have to actively seek out your own stimulation .

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chronic Boredom by fredwill1357(m): 11:57am On Feb 12, 2023
Sukkot, you understand it perfectly. Mine is mostly 1 and a little bit of 3. My boredom was easier to manage when I was doing a little bit OK financially, now I am currently unemployed, being ravaged by boredom and thoughts of amoral things I could do to get money lingering on my mind. Thanks for contributing, it reminds me that there are still likeminds. I feel understood to an extent.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chronic Boredom by sukkot: 12:13pm On Feb 12, 2023
fredwill1357:
Sukkot, you understand it perfectly. Mine is mostly 1 and a little bit of 3. My boredom was easier to manage when I was doing a little bit OK financially, now I am currently unemployed, being ravaged by boredom and thoughts of amoral things I could do to get money lingering on my mind. Thanks for contributing, it reminds me that there are still likeminds. I feel understood to an extent.
no problem bother. It was a pleasure contributing to the topic and I hope you get respite

2 Likes

Re: Chronic Boredom by fredwill1357(m): 12:35pm On Feb 12, 2023
sukkot:
no problem bother. It was a pleasure contributing to the topic and I hope you get respite
Thanks alot.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

It Wasn't because of Joseph's physical appearance. / Congratulations To All Obidients... We Overcame / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 11/03/2023

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.