Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,123 members, 7,818,368 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:44 PM

The Burdens Of Currency Swap - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / The Burdens Of Currency Swap (203 Views)

DSS Reportedly Recovers 18 Bags Of Currency, Documents From Emefiele’s Residence / Consequences Of Currency Confiscation By President Buhari's Administration / Nigerians React As Tunde Ednut Shares Video Of Detergent That Washes Currency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Burdens Of Currency Swap by kereman1: 11:41am On Feb 12, 2023
The currency swap policy has been a burden to Nigerians, most especially petty traders, and poor Nigerians, I have some questions to ask the professionals in law and economics,

1. The old money is more than the new money in circulation, with just 3days to the deadline, POS vendors still gives out old money, what is the fate of those that will have the expired currency?

2. My bank, Zenith bank plc, has been having network issues for over 2 weeks, I don't bother myself with transfer now because the mobile app and ussd are doing their village things, why can't CBN sanction these banks with poor network to rectify the issue?

3. Currency is a legal tender, and a national symbol for every country, since CBN has decided to retire the old currency does that mean we can burn, tear, and abuse the old currency carrying our national symbol when its has expired?

1 Like

Re: The Burdens Of Currency Swap by elrufiason: 12:25pm On Feb 12, 2023
My old is that, if any of all those old currencies expires with me, I'll make a video burning it and tag cbn, thunder fire all of them behind this wicked policy

(1) (Reply)

Stevesawo With (08123390473) Is A Scammer Beware / NATCOM Forbids Transactions, Official Engagements With Former Ag. Director Gener / Gunmen Kidnap Former Unizik SUG VP, Ojukwu Varsity Student Too

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.