Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,323 members, 7,842,948 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 03:36 PM

How I Secured A Fully-funded Scholarship Abroad (plus Monthly Stipend) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How I Secured A Fully-funded Scholarship Abroad (plus Monthly Stipend) (580 Views)

Buhari Approves N75,000 Stipend For Education Students In Public Universities / How I Got A Fully Funded Scholarship To Study Abroad! A Personal Experience / Enroll Now. Fct School Of Nursing, Abuja. N12k Monthly Stipend/salary 4 Students (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Secured A Fully-funded Scholarship Abroad (plus Monthly Stipend) by Pay4MeApp: 2:50pm On Feb 15, 2023
Miss Willie, a beneficiary of the TotalEnergies scholarship (also known as NNPC/Total Fully funded Scholarship), shares her journey with us on how she secured a fully funded scholarship as a Nigerian. Read the chat below.

Can you give a brief introduction of yourself?
I am Nsongurua Willie, from Akwa Ibom State, and a lover of God. I studied Industrial Chemistry for my BSc at UNIBEN and currently undergoing my Master's studies in Sustainable Industrial Engineering at Grenoble INP in France. Actually, I developed an interest in sustainability, hence the change of course.

Lovely. Sustainability is the future…
Yeah.

How are you funding your master's study?
Good question. I am actually on a fully funded scholarship, thanks to TotalEnergies. In Nigeria, the scholarship is called NNPC/Total Fully funded Scholarship. So that’s the one I am benefiting from. And they cover my VISA fees, including renewal, flight expenses, tuition fees, monthly stipends, etc.
Re: How I Secured A Fully-funded Scholarship Abroad (plus Monthly Stipend) by Pay4MeApp: 2:51pm On Feb 15, 2023
Oh wow...I didn't even realize it covered this much.
Yeah, it does…laughs.

That literally means you're a baller while studying?
I cannot suffer in this life…hahaha

How did you come across the scholarship?
I saw the advertisement on LinkedIn, but I also did see it on other platforms. So I directly applied for it, and it was pretty straightforward cause I had even forgotten about it after applying. I was going through this phase where I was applying to as many applications as I could, so far, no money was involved. Continuation: https://pay4me.app/blog/133/schooling-abroad-how-i-secured-a-fully-funded-scholarship-abroad-plus-monthly-stipend
Re: How I Secured A Fully-funded Scholarship Abroad (plus Monthly Stipend) by Pay4MeApp: 2:53pm On Feb 15, 2023
Oh, you were applying for other scholarships as well?
Yeah. You know, we can't just put all our eggs in one basket.

Does applying for so many scholarships affect the chances of getting any of the scholarships?
I don't think it particularly does. But I always advise we keep our options open, so far as it aligns with what we are looking for. In the beginning, I was all about applying for scholarships in the UK, as those were the ones I knew at first. Then, I later found the ones in US and Canada, but most required some form of exam like IELT or GRE or cold emailing. I knew I didn’t have money to spend or enough strength in mind to start cold emailing, but I had other things.

Or you can just keep applying until one gets accepted…
Apply to as many as you can. Maybe you can have top priorities just to give them your best shot.

I noticed you mentioned "as long as no money was involved.’’ Are you saying you didn't pay for any scholarship application out of the many you applied for?
No, I never did pay any fees for any scholarship.
Re: How I Secured A Fully-funded Scholarship Abroad (plus Monthly Stipend) by bewla(m): 3:26pm On Feb 15, 2023
That's nice but how do you no Guinea one

(1) (Reply)

Is Ambrose Ali University, Ekpoma A Good University To Study Computer Science? / Does Anyone Know About Lasu Pre- Entry Cambrigde Exams? When Will D Forms Be Out / University Of Ado-ekiti

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.