Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,402 members, 7,861,139 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 02:41 AM

5 Tips For First-time Home Buyers | New Wine Realty | Samuel Ishau - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / 5 Tips For First-time Home Buyers | New Wine Realty | Samuel Ishau (138 Views)

How To Avoid Bad Tenants In Lagos | New Wine Realty | Samuel Ishau / What Can A 300SQM (half Plot Of Land) Build? | New Wine Realty | Samuel Ishau / What Do You Know About An Excision Land? | New Wine Realty | Samuel Ishau (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

5 Tips For First-time Home Buyers | New Wine Realty | Samuel Ishau by mypropatynaija: 2:57pm On Feb 15, 2023
The most common thing I hear from first-time home buyers is, "Where do I even start?" I've broken the whole process down into 5 easy steps to take you from "Is this the right decision?" to "Thanks for coming to my housewarming party" without all the stress.
Though you should still expect plenty of highs, lows, and sharp curves ahead—especially with Lagos's crazy housing market. Lol.

Below are some of the tips I think should help:

1. DECIDE THE RIGHT TIME TO BUY: When it seems like everyone you know is a landlord, you're probably going to start wondering if you're missing out on something. But before you dive right in, you need to stop and ask yourself, "Is this really the right time for me to be buying a house?"

The thing is, there's no magic age or target bank account balance that says it's absolutely time to buy a home. It's a big decision and a very personal one. So, take the time to figure out if owning a home fits into your long-term plan and your current lifestyle.

2. FIND A REALTOR: Finding a realtor can be difficult because you don't need one very often and your relationship with them is short-lived. But picking the right one can make or break your home-buying experience.
Think of your Realtor as your tour guide to finding a home. There's no rule that says you need one, but the right person can answer all your questions, show you the hidden areas of town, and leave you feeling really happy with the whole process.

3. BE A DETECTIVE: Don’t shy away from asking questions and speaking your mind. Sharing your hesitations and objections freely will only help your realtor find the right place for you. Ask what the service charges are like; you don’t want to be stuck with outrageous bills. Take a walk around your potential new neighborhood and take notice of your surroundings as you tour the area.

4. HAVE A BUDGET: Obviously, buying your first home means no more paying rent each month to live in an apartment you’ll never own. 😁 Homeownership comes with plenty of unique costs of its own. So beyond setting aside savings for the big down payment, you’ll want to amass a nest egg for other unforeseen expenses.

5. BE AWARE THAT YOU CAN NEGOTIATE: When it comes to negotiations, ask and you may receive. Particularly if you’re purchasing in a buyer’s market or working with a motivated seller, you have the power to request some discounts. The worst they can say is "no." However, if it’s more of a seller’s market, you could risk having your offer turned down, so be reasonable and tread carefully.
Now that you’re in the know, enjoy the process. You may only buy a home a handful of times, and you only buy your first home once. Ultimately, the most important tip for first-time home buyers is to find a house you feel at home in, in an area you love, at a price you can comfortably afford.

Do you want to reinforce your real estate investment knowledge with valuable insight? Check out our social media platforms to stay glued to exclusive real estate investment tips as you progress.

For Enquiries: Call SAMUEL: +2348189861993, +2348150350306

©2023 Samuel Ishau, Lead Consultant, New Wine Realty
Re: 5 Tips For First-time Home Buyers | New Wine Realty | Samuel Ishau by mypropatynaija: 10:04am On Mar 22, 2023
If you're a first time home buyer, read this now!!!

(1) (Reply)

Contemporary 4 Bedroom Fully Detached Duplex With Bq Available For Sale / 4 Bedroom Terrace Duplex For Sale ‼️ / Mini Factory With Office Building/ Hotel Capable Rooms By Lotto Estate Main Gat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.