Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,787 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:28 AM

Olisa Publicly Apologizes For Beating Up His Colleague - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Olisa Publicly Apologizes For Beating Up His Colleague (7997 Views)

Linda Ikeji Apologizes Over Bag Scandal. Suggests Hermes Screenshots Were Fake / Peter Okoye Apologizes For Calling His Brother Out Online - ''I'm Not Perfect'' / Headies: Olamide Apologizes To His Fan For Using Swear Words On TV (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Olisa Publicly Apologizes For Beating Up His Colleague by naijays: 6:22pm On Sep 11, 2011
Olisa Publicly Apologizes For Beating Colleague. 'we All Make Mistakes'

As has been widely reported I was involved in an altercation with a work colleague during the week. I am deeply regretful of what transpired and have taken full responsibility for my actions. I have privately apologized to my colleague, the team that I work with and I am taking this opportunity to apologize to the public at large.
As humans we all make mistakes and I made a major one which is completely out of character. I over reacted to a situation and that is something that will never repeat itself.

Despite being at the centre of a media feeding frenzy, I’ve been silent in order to allow the organization, to which I’m affiliated with and at who’s premises the incident occurred, to carry out its investigations and come to a conclusion but most importantly to allow the aggrieved party (Mr. Adewunmi Oyekanmi) time to accept my heartfelt apology.

While the events have been distorted, I am very apologetic about the situation but picking holes in the media reports or pointing out the falsehoods will not be useful, however, any kind of loss of control is not excusable and I have since tendered an unreserved apology to 'Dewunmi. I have always preached against violence and so this is a time for some reflection. Again, I apologize and I thank ‘Dewunmi for accepting my apology.

I would like to thank the hundreds of people who called me and those who sent in messages
For more than 20years now, I’ve operated in the Electronic media sector without a blemish but by this action, I have let myself down and most importantly I’ve let Family, Friends and the millions of people who look up to me, down.”
To those who have been clamoring for my response, I thank you for your patience and understanding.

http://www.jimmysonde.com/2011/09/olisa-adibua-of-beat-fm-publicly.html?m=1
Re: Olisa Publicly Apologizes For Beating Up His Colleague by Mcleo007(m): 8:00pm On Sep 11, 2011
Wonder what came over him. Used to like the guy!
Re: Olisa Publicly Apologizes For Beating Up His Colleague by Kunbee: 11:09pm On Sep 11, 2011
Shattap!!

If you want to apologise do so, don't say we all make mistakes. Meaning anyone who commits a crime should be congratulated and since "we" are human it should be excused and he shouldn't be punished or chastised. Because someone slept on your couch

And Dewunmi never said anything about you apologising except you been suspended in which the Beat fm still let you work after your suspension started.

No wonder he isn't married
Who is the "we"? I would rather not be human
Re: Olisa Publicly Apologizes For Beating Up His Colleague by mallorca(m): 11:52pm On Sep 11, 2011
this Gay lord, apologies not acepted
Re: Olisa Publicly Apologizes For Beating Up His Colleague by tellwisdom: 11:58pm On Sep 11, 2011
Wetin concern me!, if bush go fit dey fight, who then be OLISA DEBE? angry angry
Re: Olisa Publicly Apologizes For Beating Up His Colleague by tellwisdom: 11:59pm On Sep 11, 2011
this man-lover lord, apologies not acepted

shocked shocked shocked You sure about this??
Re: Olisa Publicly Apologizes For Beating Up His Colleague by Asabaman(m): 12:00am On Sep 12, 2011
Your acceptance does not count my dear. This man have apologized publicly, of which I believe non of you could have done if you were in his shoes.
Re: Olisa Publicly Apologizes For Beating Up His Colleague by Nobody: 12:06am On Sep 12, 2011
Saying sorry is always a good start . . .big man saying sorry in Naija is very rare so lets all hope it doesnt happen again. We are watching!!!!
Re: Olisa Publicly Apologizes For Beating Up His Colleague by dabrake(m): 12:10am On Sep 12, 2011
naijays:

Olisa Publicly Apologizes For Beating Colleague. 'we All Make Mistakes'

As has been widely reported I was involved in an altercation with a work colleague during the week. I am deeply regretful of what transpired and have taken full responsibility for my actions. I have privately apologized to my colleague, the team that I work with and I am taking this opportunity to apologize to the public at large.
As humans we all make mistakes and I made a major one which is completely out of character. I over reacted to a situation and that is something that will never repeat itself.

Despite being at the centre of a media feeding frenzy, I’ve been silent in order to allow the organization, to which I’m affiliated with and at who’s premises the incident occurred, to carry out its investigations and come to a conclusion but most importantly to allow the aggrieved party (Mr. Adewunmi Oyekanmi) time to accept my heartfelt apology.

While the events have been distorted, I am very apologetic about the situation but picking holes in the media reports or pointing out the falsehoods will not be useful, however, any kind of loss of control is not excusable and I have since tendered an unreserved apology to 'Dewunmi. I have always preached against violence and so this is a time for some reflection. Again, I apologize and I thank ‘Dewunmi for accepting my apology.

I would like to thank the hundreds of people who called me and those who sent in messages
For more than 20years now, I’ve operated in the Electronic media sector without a blemish but by this action, I have let myself down and most importantly I’ve let Family, Friends and the millions of people who look up to me, down.”
To those who have been clamoring for my response, I thank you for your patience and understanding.

http://www.jimmysonde.com/2011/09/olisa-adibua-of-beat-fm-publicly.html?m=1
d guy hs got the heart. a 9s move indeed
Kunbee:

Shattap!!

If you want to apologise do so, don't say we all make mistakes. Meaning anyone who commits a crime should be congratulated and since "we" are human it should be excused and he shouldn't be punished or chastised. Because someone slept on your couch

And Dewunmi never said anything about you apologising except you been suspended in which the Beat fm still let you work after your suspension started.

@least, d guy acted bera than [size=20pt]TIMAYA[/size] would have
Re: Olisa Publicly Apologizes For Beating Up His Colleague by onechance(m): 12:21am On Sep 12, 2011
Cool fm was to cool for him so he joined Beat fm to beat people up, how nice
Re: Olisa Publicly Apologizes For Beating Up His Colleague by OAM4J: 12:28am On Sep 12, 2011
Kunbee:

Shattap!!

He did.

OLISA ADIBUA HAS APOLOGIZED TO ME’ SAYS ASSAULT VICTIM

By Osagie Alonge and Lolade Sowoolu

Adewunmi Oyekanmi

As news of the Thursday BEAT FM incident becomes hot topic on different social media and entertainment sites, the alleged ‘victim’, Adewunmi Oyekanmi has issued an official statement (published below) decrying further spread of the matter and stating that the station’s management has things under control.

The Saturday, Septmber 10, 2011 statement coming from Adewunmi other than executives of the Lagos station further puts the radio house in an awkward position as chances that Adewunmi may have written the statement under duress isn’t ruled out.

Above is a current picture of Adewunmi still showing his swollen upper lip and red left eye as inflicted by radio OAP and TV host, Olisa Adibua – Adewunmi’s boss.

Read Adewunmi’s official statement below…

My name is Adewunmi Oyekanmi, news editor with the Beat 99.9 Fm. An incident occurred at my work place within the early hours of the 8th of Sep 2011 between myself and another member of staff which has been blown out of proportion in the media. I have been wrongfully quoted in various blogs and magazines, but this will be my first official statement and the last, so please disregard anything you might have seen, heard or read. The incident in question has been dealt with to my satisfaction by the Management of Megalectrics, operators of The Beat 99.9 Fm, in a swift and conclusive manner. The member of staff (Mr Olisa Adibua) with whom I had the altercation with, has duly apologized most sincerely and I have accepted, based on the fact that since I started working at the station, my relationship with the said party has always been cordial and friendly.

In reference to a purported conversation between myself and an undercover reporter, I’d like to state categorically that I have never had a phone conversation or granted any interview to any media or reporter. What transpired was an internal matter which was leaked into the public domain to create division within our corporate entity. I refuse to be used as a pawn or be labelled ‘the voiceless or oppressed’.

Megalectrics, the operators of the beat 99.9fm employed me in the capacity of news editor in July 2010, and ever since I have had no cause to complain about the working environment, my colleagues or superiors. We operate an open system where everyone is free to speak their minds, regardless of rank of hierarchy. Once again, I[b]’d like to reiterate that the matter has been resolved and the member of staff has apologized for the altercation we had.[/b]

In conclusion, I would like this issue to be extinguished so I can get back to my normal every day life, as the recent publications and rumors circulating have put a strain on my family and private life.I would like to thank the management and staff of Megalectrics for the swift and decisive response to the matter. I would also like to thank everyone who showed concern. I’d like to reassure you that I am okay and in good health as is confirmed by my attached photo.

These are my final words on the subject. Thank you very much and God bless

http://www.thenetng.com/2011/09/10/and-the-beat-goes-on/
Re: Olisa Publicly Apologizes For Beating Up His Colleague by Kunbee: 12:31am On Sep 12, 2011
^^Oh cheesy

dabrake:

@least, d guy acted bera than [size=20pt]TIMAYA[/size] would have
True but i hate when people say "we are all humans" undecided

It doesnt sound sincere
Re: Olisa Publicly Apologizes For Beating Up His Colleague by CyberG: 1:33am On Sep 12, 2011
I saw and read the pictures. You are lucky to leave in Nigeria because in a real country, your ass would be sued until you pay appropriately for your disgrace. Since you lack so much character, that fellow should be careful because you can even kill him with all the useless connections, money and power madness in Nigeria. Well, I don't care about your 20 years in the industry because in saner climes, no one gives a shi.t about your apology - you can go and give it to the judge who will award damages in the millions of dollars against you, time in jail where you will be beaten so hard and sodomised and released after a decent number of years in jail.
Re: Olisa Publicly Apologizes For Beating Up His Colleague by airmark(m): 1:57am On Sep 12, 2011
I used to love this guy on cool fm. He has a stunning voice and catchy audio presentation. I later saw his pictures, he looks every inch, a boxer. No wonder he joined Beats fm. smiley
Re: Olisa Publicly Apologizes For Beating Up His Colleague by teemon: 6:45am On Sep 12, 2011
We just hope it won't happen again o!
Re: Olisa Publicly Apologizes For Beating Up His Colleague by itiswell1(m): 7:12am On Sep 12, 2011
Appology or no appology, i feel this guy shd be punished or better still, sued.
Re: Olisa Publicly Apologizes For Beating Up His Colleague by busayochic: 7:12am On Sep 12, 2011
How else are they supposed to know he is a boss at "BEAT"FM? He has to let folks know what the station is about dishing out some serious "BEAT"ings to any junior staff that tries him
Re: Olisa Publicly Apologizes For Beating Up His Colleague by obiscolly(m): 8:17am On Sep 12, 2011
i dont believe he really accepted. even if he did he was compelled to give that statement unless his job would be at stake, i mean after such manner of battery without any reason whatsoever.

and where did this come from?
For more than 20years now, I’ve operated in the Electronic media sector without a blemish but by this action
everyone knows olisa is just a shameless drunkard who goes from club to club fighting people. The fact that this was d only one brought to public awareness doesn't mean that its the first.
Re: Olisa Publicly Apologizes For Beating Up His Colleague by walcolm(m): 8:26am On Sep 12, 2011
personally, i think he should loose his job to send a strong message that violence is any form should not be tolerated,

there are so many unreported cases of harassment by bosses all over the nigerian corporate and public space

with his pedigree, hopefully he will get anoda job easily
Re: Olisa Publicly Apologizes For Beating Up His Colleague by lanrefront1(m): 9:00am On Sep 12, 2011
Trust me, this guy is not apologising because he is sorry; no sir, he is not. For a guy like Olisa, his present and future success and wealth is high linked with the public's perception of him. He is apolpgosing because of the harm that may come to his status and pocket(shows anchoring on tv etc).

Just by reading the transpit of his so called apology, you can see that he's not really sorry. His apology is for his friends(connections), companies like Mtn, Glo, Dstv,(juicy contracts).

Let me say many people are like that, even many on this forum. Olisa just happens to be in the public's eye.
Re: Olisa Publicly Apologizes For Beating Up His Colleague by stagger: 9:03am On Sep 12, 2011
I remember when he used to present a program on NTA on Sundays in 1991: was it Down With Sprite or something? (can't remember the name now) Then our only source of modern music videos as cable and DSTV were not yet in Nigeria.

Wonder what has come over him. First it was the altercation with Jim Iyke in a club. Now this. Na wa o!
Re: Olisa Publicly Apologizes For Beating Up His Colleague by obiscolly(m): 9:20am On Sep 12, 2011
The letter below was emailed by a Beat FM staff to a blogger and throws more light on thes assault scandal

This letter had to be written anonymously because we have been ‘instructed’ not to speak to the press. We are appalled by Olisa Adibua’s actions, and feel his physical assault on Dewunmi was barbaric and completely wrong. What’s even more shocking is that he wasn’t removed from the premises immediately. Olisa was his usual self the day after the incident, and was seen chatting and laughing with the GM Deji Awokoya (who was well aware of the assault). He was still permitted to do his show on Thursday, and went on to host the Beat of Lagos on Friday night.
We have no idea why the management at Beat FM has decided to treat this so leniently – he has actually been suspended for 2 months and not 4 weeks like you previously stated. Nevertheless, the majority of us feel 2 months is nowhere near enough, we are certain that anyone else would have faced an instant dismissal and possible legal charges.
To clarify details of the incident, the ‘object’ used in the assault was a brick. Olisa initially attacked Dewunmi with his bare hands then went downstairs to retrieve a brick then came back for part 2. He deliberately smashed his phones and dragged him outside, forcing Dewunmi to recover in a Keke Maruwa parked outside the office till 7am when more staff arrived. The incident was caught on CCTV, but will of course never be released. The GM Deji Awokoya apologized to Dewunmi on Olisa’s behalf, and was given about N16k for his medical bills. Please note it wasn’t a fight – Olisa attacked Dewunmi, and he refused to hit Olisa back because he considers him an oga. Dewunmi refuses to press charges because he’s afraid he’ll lose his job – furthermore since this incident hit the press, he (Dewunmi) has been receiving death threats saying that he’ll be harmed if this incident escalates further.
Olisa has had several run-ins with members of staff at Megalectrics (owners of Beat FM, Classic FM and Naija FM). On numerous occasions he has verbally abused different people – insulting them, swearing at them and threatening to make their life at Megalectrics ‘a living hell’ if they cross him. Management hasn’t reprimanded Olisa once for this.
This incident is sadly just one of many that involves Olisa Adibua bullying employees at Megalectrics.
To summarize, we hope that the MD of Megalectrics reprimands Olisa ‘appropriately’ to show that this kind of action is unacceptable. Likewise MNet/Glo need to seriously think about the messages they are sending out to the public if they decide to keep Olisa on as a judge for ‘Naija Sings’.
Re: Olisa Publicly Apologizes For Beating Up His Colleague by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 9:24am On Sep 12, 2011
lanre_front:

Trust me, this guy is not apologising because he is sorry; no sir, he is not. For a guy like Olisa, his present and future success and wealth is high linked with the public's perception of him. He is apolpgosing because of the harm that may come to his status and pocket(shows anchoring on tv etc).

Just by reading the transpit of his so called apology, you can see that he's not really sorry. His apology is for his friends(connections), companies like Mtn, Glo, Dstv,(juicy contracts).  

Let me say many people are like that, even many on this forum. Olisa just happens to be in the public's eye.

Tooo late for that, the story is out and any youth-focused corporate sponsor will do well to measure the negative impact this will have with their association with this thug. If he really wants to save his image and rebound strongly, he should do what majority of PR organizations in Nigeria fail to do when their client hits an awkward PR situation - come clean and on national Radio.

1: Use this opportunity to re-define your public image as humane, remorseful and mature
2: Personally (One-One) go the the beat-up guy and apologize - treat his injuries and give him a cash gift (everybody likes a lolly-pop after a fight  grin
3: Take him to live radio and speak to the public apologizing and have the guy also speak his heart and accept this apology

The public are like feisty kids in kindergarten - they can easily riot at the simplest of situations and they can easily fall-back in line with the simplest apology.

Wande  Coal's PR Consultants failed to use an opportunity to enhance their client's Image after the Nude-Image incident - Guess where Wande Coal's image is now  
Re: Olisa Publicly Apologizes For Beating Up His Colleague by norrisman: 9:37am On Sep 12, 2011
@ Stagger

I think it was called Top of the Pops
Re: Olisa Publicly Apologizes For Beating Up His Colleague by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 9:39am On Sep 12, 2011
obiscolly:

The letter below was emailed by a Beat FM staff to a blogger and throws more light on thes assault scandal

This letter had to be written anonymously because we have been ‘instructed’ not to speak to the press. We are appalled by Olisa Adibua’s actions, and feel his physical assault on Dewunmi was barbaric and completely wrong. What’s even more shocking is that he wasn’t removed from the premises immediately. Olisa was his usual self the day after the incident, and was seen chatting and laughing with the GM Deji Awokoya (who was well aware of the assault). He was still permitted to do his show on Thursday, and went on to host the Beat of Lagos on Friday night.
We have no idea why the management at Beat FM has decided to treat this so leniently – he has actually been suspended for 2 months and not 4 weeks like you previously stated. Nevertheless, the majority of us feel 2 months is nowhere near enough, we are certain that anyone else would have faced an instant dismissal and possible legal charges.
To clarify details of the incident, the ‘object’ used in the assault was a brick. Olisa initially attacked Dewunmi with his bare hands then went downstairs to retrieve a brick then came back for part 2. He deliberately smashed his phones and dragged him outside, forcing Dewunmi to recover in a Keke Maruwa parked outside the office till 7am when more staff arrived. The incident was caught on CCTV, but will of course never be released. The GM Deji Awokoya apologized to Dewunmi on Olisa’s behalf, and was given about N16k for his medical bills. Please note it wasn’t a fight – Olisa attacked Dewunmi, and he refused to hit Olisa back because he considers him an oga. Dewunmi refuses to press charges because he’s afraid he’ll lose his job – furthermore since this incident hit the press, he (Dewunmi) has been receiving death threats saying that he’ll be harmed if this incident escalates further.
Olisa has had several run-ins with members of staff at Megalectrics (owners of Beat FM, Classic FM and Naija FM). On numerous occasions he has verbally abused different people – insulting them, swearing at them and threatening to make their life at Megalectrics ‘a living hell’ if they cross him. Management hasn’t reprimanded Olisa once for this.
This incident is sadly just one of many that involves Olisa Adibua bullying employees at Megalectrics.
To summarize, we hope that the MD of Megalectrics reprimands Olisa ‘appropriately’ to show that this kind of action is unacceptable. Likewise MNet/Glo need to seriously think about the messages they are sending out to the public if they decide to keep Olisa on as a judge for ‘Naija Sings’.

To come to think of it - DEWUNMI is a an unfortunate illiterate. If I got beat up like he did and considering the bad publicity and business Beat FM will get  from this - I will sue not only Olisa for the assault but also BEAT FM for permitting this sort of behavior .  I doubt DEWUNMI makes up to N100k monthly. I can see legal liabilities on BEAT-FM in the range of N30 million  (Out of court) - Please Olisa come and BEAT me with a cement bag and make sure to carry your BEAT ID with you. God some people do not know how to take advantage of others. If the guy was Ndigbo I trust Omo Nna boys they would have hammered big-tyme  grin
Re: Olisa Publicly Apologizes For Beating Up His Colleague by akinnux(m): 9:44am On Sep 12, 2011
It is high tide that glo review their relationship with Olisa as a judge on their Naija sing programme. Also I will advise 'Dewunmi to pursue this matter to logical conclusion. This type of battery of a colleagues is totally unacceptable.
Re: Olisa Publicly Apologizes For Beating Up His Colleague by montelik(m): 10:20am On Sep 12, 2011
lagerwhenindoubt:

To come to think of it - DEWUNMI is a an unfortunate illiterate. If I got beat up like he did and considering the bad publicity and business Beat FM will get  from this - I will sue not only Olisa for the assault but also BEAT FM for permitting this sort of behavior .  I doubt DEWUNMI makes up to N100k monthly. I can see legal liabilities on BEAT-FM in the range of N30 million  (Out of court) - Please Olisa come and BEAT me with a cement bag and make sure to carry your BEAT ID with you. God some people do not know how to take advantage of others. If the guy was Ndigbo I trust Omo Nna boys they would have hammered big-tyme  grin

This is naija. First your case will probably never be heard unless you have d abilities to significantly grease d many palms, and d connections to push d buttons to have your case heard. Second even if you do get to court, it could last forever and ever and ever during which you will be paying serious legal representation fees notwithstanding (no reputable lawyer will take your case for free and you will need at least a SAN for this). Thirdly it is likely that even at d end you could very well lose, or be awarded paltry damages about a fraction of what it cost to bring d case in d first place. 9ja is not a place for d little guy to be running to court particularly against a big well connected company.

D best option for d guy would be to slyly create as much negative PR for Beat fm, hopefully forcing significant compensation for them, maybe a promotion, a raise or even a healthy severance package if he chooses not to work there again (which I would advice him to).
Re: Olisa Publicly Apologizes For Beating Up His Colleague by claremont(m): 10:44am On Sep 12, 2011
The man did wrong, and he has apologised. IMO, let bygones be bygones, the aggrieved party should be paid a financial compensation, and let this issue rest. No use flogging a dead horse.
Re: Olisa Publicly Apologizes For Beating Up His Colleague by remoranger(m): 11:09am On Sep 12, 2011
lol. matters arising. i dont believe u are actually remorseful
Re: Olisa Publicly Apologizes For Beating Up His Colleague by atasteve: 11:15am On Sep 12, 2011
it takes a real man to say i am sorry especially to the public.
Re: Olisa Publicly Apologizes For Beating Up His Colleague by tpia5: 11:21am On Sep 12, 2011
^How does real man enter this matter.
Re: Olisa Publicly Apologizes For Beating Up His Colleague by Nobody: 11:32am On Sep 12, 2011
Glo should cut off his contract. He's bad publicity/model right now.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Meet The Tanzanian Model Sanchoka Who Has The Biggest Ass In Africa (photos) / Working. Download Pop Smoke Meet The Woo 2 Full / Meet Jim Iyke's New Boo, Sandra Benede (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.