Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,339 members, 7,815,675 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:23 PM

How Do I Make This Peeling Walls Better - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / How Do I Make This Peeling Walls Better (652 Views)

Gypsum Plasterboard Ceilings, Dry walls, POP & Screeding / BRICKS AND STONES FOR WALLS On Display (With Picture) @epic_ceramics / Gravitex Decorative Paint For Walls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Make This Peeling Walls Better by Mongomeyen(m): 7:25pm On Feb 17, 2023
Please property experts in the house. The pictures below shows the walls of my rented apartment that is peeling off badly. Though the house is over 10 years, but that shouldn't be a reason why the walls are like that. Please I need suggestion on how to make the wall better: should the plastering be scrapped out and replastered or tiles be introduced to cover the affected parts.

I am not too knowledgeable about stuffs like this, but I feel the quality of work is the reason why it is happening. Please I need suggestion on the best way to make the apartment finer and neat.

Re: How Do I Make This Peeling Walls Better by Nobody: 7:56pm On Feb 17, 2023
Mongomeyen:
Please property experts in the house. The pictures below shows the walls of my rented apartment that is peeling off badly. Though the house is over 10 years, but that shouldn't be a reason why the walls are like that. Please I need suggestion on how to make the wall better: should the plastering be scrapped out and replastered or tiles be introduced to cover the affected parts.

I am not too knowledgeable about stuffs like this, but I feel the quality of work is the reason why it is happening. Please I need suggestion on the best way to make the apartment finer and neat.

Bros my own professional advice is scrape off the peeling paints completely get a screeding paint and mix with cement at appreciate proportion then apply screeding on wall, get a painter who know what he's doing, thank me later.
Re: How Do I Make This Peeling Walls Better by Janesouthall: 8:02pm On Feb 17, 2023
Mongomeyen:

Its called dampness of the wall...moisture raises from the foundation into the walls there by causing the paint to peel...

Check this thread below..they have some solutions to it.

https://www.nairaland.com/2550211/general-topic-thread-to-discuss-anything/3328
Re: How Do I Make This Peeling Walls Better by Mongomeyen(m): 8:06pm On Feb 17, 2023
Thanks a lot
FATHAT:

Bros my own professional advice is scrape off the peeling paints completely get a screeding paint and mix with cement at appreciate proportion then apply screeding on wall, get a painter who know what he's doing, thank me later.
Re: How Do I Make This Peeling Walls Better by Mongomeyen(m): 8:08pm On Feb 17, 2023
I really appreciate, let quickly check.

Janesouthall:

Its called dampness of the wall...moisture raises from the foundation into the walls there by causing the paint to peel...

Check this thread below..they have some solutions to it.

https://www.nairaland.com/2550211/general-topic-thread-to-discuss-anything/3328
Re: How Do I Make This Peeling Walls Better by gammarays1: 9:04pm On Feb 17, 2023
Mongomeyen:

Either a damp wall or the cement to sand mixture used in plastering was below standard.

Try scrapping off the surface and plaster again with good cement to sand ratio.
Re: How Do I Make This Peeling Walls Better by Mongomeyen(m): 10:25pm On Feb 17, 2023
Thanks, I think this is the best option.

More ideas please.

gammarays1:

Either a damp wall or the cement to sand mixture used in plastering was below standard.

Try scrapping off the surface and plaster again with good cement to sand ratio.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Design And Construction Of A Mini 2-bedroom Flat / Two Plots Of Land for sale @ G.R.A Ikorodu / Investor Delight Plots In Lekki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.