Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,897 members, 7,956,384 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 10:56 AM

Visa To Visit Nigeria - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Visa To Visit Nigeria (965 Views)

Is It Safe For Indian Like Me To Visit Nigeria / 7 Reasons Why Every Foreigner Must Visit Nigeria/next Tourist Destination / Why I Want To Visit Nigeria - A Foreigner's (Flimsy) Reasons. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Visa To Visit Nigeria by luvtbaby(f): 1:23am On Sep 12, 2011
Hey Nairaland, here I am again. I am on my conquest to start a new life in Nigeria. First though, I have to visit. I am planning a trip there preferably for next month. I am currently in the States and I know one definite way to apply for a visa, but I figured I would open a thread here for more suggestions. So, I'm waiting. Lay 'em on me.
Re: Visa To Visit Nigeria by kenny1st(m): 8:30am On Sep 12, 2011
could you contact me via : kennytim2000@yahoo.com for the little info i got,
Re: Visa To Visit Nigeria by justwise(m): 8:36am On Sep 12, 2011
kenny1st:

could you contact me via : kennytim2000@yahoo.com for the little info i got,

Give her that 'little' info here, she was not looking for an 'agent', if you got anything at all tell her here.
Re: Visa To Visit Nigeria by marcmuzman: 4:19am On Sep 14, 2011
Go to www.nigeriahouse.com , I dont know what state you live in or go to the embassy website http://www.nigeriaembassyusa.org/, Make sure if when you process and pay for your visa, get a copy of everything twice, and if you need to mail something get a delivery signature confirmation on the mailing pieces to cover your back ,
Re: Visa To Visit Nigeria by luvtbaby(f): 12:02am On Sep 19, 2011
Thanks everybody for your input. I didn't get much feedback here, so I guess it's not a very popular topic. Thanks again.
Re: Visa To Visit Nigeria by Nobody: 1:01am On Sep 19, 2011
luvtbaby:

Thanks everybody for your input. I didn't get much feedback here, so I guess it's not a very popular topic. Thanks again.

It's actually quite a popular topic, you just have to search the archives.

I am 3 months into a 3 to 5 year plan to return back to Nigeria.

I visited in August for 2 weeks and I hope to be back in Fed/Marsh 2012 for a month. The plan is to extend my stay incrementally at each visit.

BEfore you can start making any plans you need to do two things, IMHO. First is a visit, a due diligence visit where you take stock of things at a Nigeria level. The electricity issue, water issue, transportation, bribery surcharge, etc and then the second thing is to decide what you want to do back at home.

Most of us are going back to start something entrepreneurial, very few are going back to work for someone else.

Share what you are aiming to accomplish and then suggestions can flow from there.

One thing, there is a US Embassy/Consulate in Atlanta there with you, the only one in the country except for DC I think, so you have an advantage right there. Those of us in California have to fly over there to get a new Passport.
Re: Visa To Visit Nigeria by marcmuzman: 5:13am On Sep 19, 2011
@Somorin#1 ,

what cell phone provider, internet provider , bottled water companies did you use ? , I already have a unlocked blackberry so I just wanted to see which company did I use , I wish I could buy water beforehand I get there because I drink about 2 gallons a day undecided ,
Re: Visa To Visit Nigeria by Nobody: 9:31am On Sep 19, 2011
Cell:
I took one of my old ATT cellphones (unlocked with access code from ATT Customer Service) and purchased a sim card in Nigeria from MTN.

Internet Provider:
I did nto purchase a service but just used wireless access points from hotels on my iPad, primarily Premier Hotel in Ibadan.

Blackberry:
Very common in Nigeria so you should be abel to get quick assistance.

Water:
No problem. Just buy bottled water. I primarily drank one made by I think Fanta/Coca Cola. I do not trust "Pure Water" so I won't recommend it. Yes you will drink lot's of water, very hot.
Re: Visa To Visit Nigeria by Ladytemi(f): 9:25am On Sep 21, 2011
Eva water is great, I think that is the one made by Coca Cola.

(1) (Reply)

FG Approves New Visa Regime To Attract Tourists, Investors / In All Sincerity....would You Rather Live Abroad? / Uk Ban

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.