Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,076 members, 7,828,791 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:17 PM

Selena Gomez Responds To Bodyshamers Who Point Out Her Weight Gain (video) - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Selena Gomez Responds To Bodyshamers Who Point Out Her Weight Gain (video) (2045 Views)

I Didn’t Want To Die – Teni Explains Reason For Her Weight Loss / Is He Pregnant With Twins? – Nigerians React To Wande Coal’s Weight Gain (video) / "I Am The most Beautiful Girl In The World" - Teni Replies Bodyshamers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Selena Gomez Responds To Bodyshamers Who Point Out Her Weight Gain (video) by Starpius1: 8:27am On Feb 18, 2023
Selena Gomez has reacted to the insensitive comments that social media users are making about her recent weight gain.

The actress/singer went on TikTok Live to share why her weight has been fluctuating.

Gomez, who has been battling Lupus — an autoimmune illness — which causes inflammation and pain in certain parts of the body, admitted that her medications leads to weight gain.

Because Lupus tends to make the body’s immune system attack its own tissues and organs, Selena has to regularly take medications to decrease the activity of overactive white blood cells.

Sadly, common side effects of the medication include vomiting, headaches, hair loss, scarring, and weight gain.

In her Live video, she explained to people that her medication is causing her to retain a lot of water weight.

She said: “When I’m taking it, I tend to hold a lot of water weight, and that happens very normally. When I’m off of it, I tend to kind of lose weight.”

Selena added that worrying about other people’s thoughts about her body would be ridiculous since she prioritizes her health over everything else.

Yeah, we have days where maybe we feel like s**t, but I would much rather be healthy and take care of myself. My medications are important, and I believe that they’re what helps me,” she added.

Watch her speak in the video below.
https://www.slightgist.com.ng/selena-gomez-responds-to-bodyshamers-who-point-out-her-weight-gain-video/

Re: Selena Gomez Responds To Bodyshamers Who Point Out Her Weight Gain (video) by galaxy2020(m): 8:42am On Feb 18, 2023
Weight no dey ever fit oyibo people body, if name black, you go like the new shape die
Re: Selena Gomez Responds To Bodyshamers Who Point Out Her Weight Gain (video) by meobizy(f): 8:45am On Feb 18, 2023
They always have excuses. She’s a public figure. She go alright, last last.
Re: Selena Gomez Responds To Bodyshamers Who Point Out Her Weight Gain (video) by Nobody: 8:51am On Feb 18, 2023
Who cares about gaining weight ffs
Re: Selena Gomez Responds To Bodyshamers Who Point Out Her Weight Gain (video) by myyansh68(m): 3:22pm On Feb 18, 2023
Her bad doings are catching up with her.
1, Faking her friendship with someone in able to collect her kidney.
2, belittling your donor that you once called sister because Taylor Swift stepped in.
3, Still on drugs and alcohol.
4, Fighting Halley over Justin.
5, Racist Mexican built Lik Mexico fridge.

4 Likes

Re: Selena Gomez Responds To Bodyshamers Who Point Out Her Weight Gain (video) by OneCandleAway(f): 4:28pm On Feb 18, 2023
myyansh68:
Her bad doings are catching up with her.
1, Faking her friendship with someone in able to collect her kidney.
2, belittling your donor that you once called sister because Taylor Swift stepped in.
3, Still on drugs and alcohol.
4, Fighting Halley over Justin.
5, Racist Mexican built Lik Mexico fridge.

She's still on drugs, probably steroids so that will affect her weight.

But she did wrong t8 her donor, and they say she 8snt taking care of the kidney. Still taking drugs and alcohol.
Re: Selena Gomez Responds To Bodyshamers Who Point Out Her Weight Gain (video) by myyansh68(m): 8:41pm On Feb 18, 2023
OneCandleAway:

She's still on drugs, probably steroids so that will affect her weight.

But she did wrong t8 her donor, and they say she 8snt taking care of the kidney. Still taking drugs and alcohol.

All the things she does to people behind the scenes
It's true. She's also on steroids for some maintenance and still can't leave drugs and alcohol alone to help.

What she did to her donor will probably make the kidney to malfunction. You think the organ is happy with her for what she's doing to it own?.

4 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Angry Muslims Set Ablaze A Banner With Davido’s Photo In Maiduguri (Video) / Is Ini Edo Really Pregnant? / Is Ty Bello A Sickle Cell Anaemia Patient?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.