Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,612 members, 7,851,084 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 01:11 PM

Should I Futher Education After HND At The Age Of 19? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Should I Futher Education After HND At The Age Of 19? (642 Views)

After HND What Is The Next Degree? / Students To Sue Minister Of Education After He Asked Them To Sue ASUU / Lady To Pay Every Dime Spent To Sponsor Her Education After She Refused Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Futher Education After HND At The Age Of 19? by Naofumi: 7:41pm On Feb 18, 2023
Good Day Nairalanders.
I am 18, but will be 19 by April.
Currently am a HND 2 Student in computer engineering.
Am thinking is there any need for me to go to service after this HND (I'll be done by December).
Some said I should go for degree but I don't want to stay at home for a Year.
I heard DE will begin application by next week. Am thinking of Applying.... So my question is Should I go for Service or Go for DE?
Re: Should I Futher Education After HND At The Age Of 19? by dawnomike(m): 7:47pm On Feb 18, 2023
Naofumi:
Good Day Nairalanders.
Am thinking is there any need for me to go to service after this HND (I'll be done by December).
I heard DE will begin application by next week. Am thinking of Applying.... So my question is Should I go for Service or Go for DE?
Go for service, it is not too early for you to start life... and if you have the resources, endeavour to further your studies abroad
Re: Should I Futher Education After HND At The Age Of 19? by Naofumi: 7:49pm On Feb 18, 2023
dawnomike:
Go for service, it is not too early for you to start life... and if you have the resources, endeavour to further your studies abroad
Ok. Thank you for this. I'll see if it's possible for me to even step out of this country for studies
Re: Should I Futher Education After HND At The Age Of 19? by Olachase(m): 8:30pm On Feb 18, 2023
You even have luck, one of my friend wanted to start OND this year at the age of 27

1 Like

Re: Should I Futher Education After HND At The Age Of 19? by visaclick: 8:30pm On Feb 18, 2023
Go for degree. At least you will have the luxury of being taught by proffessors.

1 Like

Re: Should I Futher Education After HND At The Age Of 19? by BenedictAbajue(m): 8:44pm On Feb 18, 2023
Do you think there are job opportunities in computer engineering?
Re: Should I Futher Education After HND At The Age Of 19? by adewale4jesus: 9:24pm On Feb 18, 2023
My advice for you is to take direct entry to study computer science or computer engineering in the University, you are still young, in order for you not to stay at home, go for youth service and then apply for direct entry. I'm talking from my regretful expecting.

After your degree, you can still press further for masters.

post=121023393]Good Day Nairalanders.
I heard DE will begin application by next week. Am thinking of Applying.... So my question is Should I go for Service or Go for DE? [/quote]
Re: Should I Futher Education After HND At The Age Of 19? by viyon02: 9:16am On Feb 19, 2023
With your age, you still have many opportunities, you can still go for data analysis, robotics, coding etc expand your knowledge and view, with hard work you can still get out of this country, do you know with data analysis you can make millions here in Nigeria? I can't tell you. Just think about it.

1 Like

Re: Should I Futher Education After HND At The Age Of 19? by Naofumi: 6:39pm On Feb 19, 2023
Olachase:
You even have luck, one of my friend wanted to start OND this year at the age of 27
We have people here too above 40. I respect them.
Re: Should I Futher Education After HND At The Age Of 19? by Naofumi: 6:40pm On Feb 19, 2023
visaclick:
Go for degree. At least you will have the luxury of being taught by proffessors.
Now that you mentioned. Only Drs. Teach us.
Re: Should I Futher Education After HND At The Age Of 19? by Naofumi: 6:41pm On Feb 19, 2023
BenedictAbajue:
Do you think there are job opportunities in computer engineering?
Hard for me to figure. Am not Soo sure.
Re: Should I Futher Education After HND At The Age Of 19? by Naofumi: 6:42pm On Feb 19, 2023
adewale4jesus:
My advice for you is to take direct entry to study computer science or computer engineering in the University, you are still young, in order for you not to stay at home, go for youth service and then apply for direct entry. I'm talking from my regretful expecting.
?
I'll like to switch to Computer Science
Re: Should I Futher Education After HND At The Age Of 19? by BenedictAbajue(m): 8:00pm On Feb 19, 2023
Naofumi:

Hard for me to figure. Am not Soo sure.
What of handwork? Like can you repair a computer or any other electronic equipment?
Re: Should I Futher Education After HND At The Age Of 19? by Naofumi: 6:24pm On Feb 20, 2023
viyon02:
With your age, you still have many opportunities, you can still go for data analysis, robotics, coding etc expand your knowledge and view, with hard work you can still get out of this country, do you know with data analysis you can make millions here in Nigeria? I can't tell you. Just think about it.
I never knew about that. But I'll check about it
Re: Should I Futher Education After HND At The Age Of 19? by Naofumi: 6:26pm On Feb 20, 2023
BenedictAbajue:

What of handwork? Like can you repair a computer or any other electronic equipment?
Not at all. I only figure minor prob. I can't even count myself as person that can repair
Re: Should I Futher Education After HND At The Age Of 19? by BenedictAbajue(m): 6:59pm On Feb 20, 2023
Naofumi:

Not at all. I only figure minor prob. I can't even count myself as person that can repair
So what do they na do inside that computer engineering course?
Re: Should I Futher Education After HND At The Age Of 19? by Naofumi: 3:14pm On Feb 24, 2023
BenedictAbajue:

So what do they na do inside that computer engineering course?
Most of the stuff is that of electrical engineering..... But we weren't practically thoughts repairs even though it's a polytechnic

(1) (Reply)

How To Sell Your Old Usa/nigeria Inactive Fiverr Seller Account Any Level / Unlimited Free Data!!! / 25 December Is A Public Holiday In UAE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.