Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,400 members, 7,861,129 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 02:15 AM

My First Meeting With A Ghost - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / My First Meeting With A Ghost (564 Views)

My First Meeting With A Ghost (4) – Olawale Ogidan / My First Meeting With A Ghost (2) / Ghost Of The Past (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My First Meeting With A Ghost by Pgold18: 10:54pm On Feb 18, 2023
I was walking around, sometimes ago, and I saw a man who looked unkept.

Everyone was seeing him as a mad person because of how he behaved.

Sometimes, he would just embark on a long run like Usain Bolt. He had ran from one joint to another, shouting, “leave me alone!”

The sound of the man looked like he was fighting with someone, but almost everyone who were watching him accused him of being mad.

“His marijuana is too much!”

“His brain has been destroyed by excessive amount of cocaine”

Those were the comments coming out from people who were looking at him.

Some of them even laughed and mocked him because he was so fun to be watched. But something was telling me that the man must have been facing torments, so I followed him quietly without being noticed untill he reached a place that was extremely quite.

Not so long, as I approached the man further, I heard a strange voice that said, “why do you keep following him? Do you want to share in his punishment?”

I looked around, fearfully but I didn't see anyone.

“Who are you?” I asked.

There was no answer coming through for my question.

I walked towards the man who was misbehaving, but he picked the race again.

This time, I walked more faster to meet up with his track. I didn't run like he did so that people won't feel suspicious of my actions.

Again, the man arrived at another quite place as he kept shouting again, “Is it by force? Leave me alone!”

I moved closer to the man once more and asked him some questions:

“Who are you talking to? Who are you fighting?”

I expected him to give me some answers but he didn't say anything, instead, he threw a stone at me. I dodged the stone while it strayed past me.

I looked at the point where the stone landed, and then, I was shocked by what I saw. It was a shadow.

“Is this my shadow?” I made a rhetorical question.

I moved right and left, expecting the shadow to imitate my movements but it didn't move.

“But it is very close to me. Why is it not moving?” I became scared as I asked myself another question.

I raised my hands up, the shadow didn't reciprocate.

I raised my right leg but the shadow didn't move.

“Stop bothering yourself. It is not your shadow,” the voice emerged from the shadow.

Then, I moved back a bit as i was overwhelmed with fear. I started sweating profusely even though I didn't make any attempt to run away from the mysterious shadow.

“Th-en, who are y-o-u?” I trembled as I threw the question at the shadow.

Suddenly, the shadow changed to human being in the form of lady who was on tattered clothes and blood was dripping down her belly by the right side.

Her eyes were reddish and they were fiercely focused on me. Her lips were dried. Her hair loosely drew down to her shoulders.

“Young man! Be careful! This man you pity does not deserve your empathy. He is reaping what he sowed. It's better you turn back and stop following us now!” the lady strictly warned me.

“But who are you? Why are you tormenting him? ”

“I am dead but my spirit is on the mission to take vengeance on him. My name is Sholly, I won't rest until I finish this man just as he finished my family. ”

At that point, I realized that I was speaking with a ghost.
The awareness created more shock in me, it also rendered me mute for some seconds.

“Ghost,” I muttered.

I looked behind me and saw the man running forward again, and like a wind, Sholly turned to shadow and ran after him.

To be continued...

©️Olawale Ogidan
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100082485533317

1 Like

Re: My First Meeting With A Ghost by rexchazy(m): 11:44pm On Feb 18, 2023
Fiction
Re: My First Meeting With A Ghost by hopeforcharles(m): 3:56am On Feb 19, 2023
Impressive
Re: My First Meeting With A Ghost by Weknowbetter: 2:55am On Feb 20, 2023
Nice, anymore?
Re: My First Meeting With A Ghost by ghettochild(m): 1:59pm On Feb 21, 2023
Waiting for more update
Re: My First Meeting With A Ghost by christianjoy(m): 1:19pm On Feb 22, 2023
Followed you on Facebook
Pgold18:
I was walking around, sometimes ago, and I saw a man who looked unkept.

Everyone was seeing him as a mad person because of how he behaved.

Sometimes, he would just embark on a long run like Usain Bolt. He had ran from one joint to another, shouting, “leave me alone!”

The sound of the man looked like he was fighting with someone, but almost everyone who were watching him accused him of being mad.

“His marijuana is too much!”

“His brain has been destroyed by excessive amount of cocaine”

Those were the comments coming out from people who were looking at him.

Some of them even laughed and mocked him because he was so fun to be watched. But something was telling me that the man must have been facing torments, so I followed him quietly without being noticed untill he reached a place that was extremely quite.

Not so long, as I approached the man further, I heard a strange voice that said, “why do you keep following him? Do you want to share in his punishment?”

I looked around, fearfully but I didn't see anyone.

“Who are you?” I asked.

There was no answer coming through for my question.

I walked towards the man who was misbehaving, but he picked the race again.

This time, I walked more faster to meet up with his track. I didn't run like he did so that people won't feel suspicious of my actions.

Again, the man arrived at another quite place as he kept shouting again, “Is it by force? Leave me alone!”

I moved closer to the man once more and asked him some questions:

“Who are you talking to? Who are you fighting?”

I expected him to give me some answers but he didn't say anything, instead, he threw a stone at me. I dodged the stone while it strayed past me.

I looked at the point where the stone landed, and then, I was shocked by what I saw. It was a shadow.

“Is this my shadow?” I made a rhetorical question.

I moved right and left, expecting the shadow to imitate my movements but it didn't move.

“But it is very close to me. Why is it not moving?” I became scared as I asked myself another question.

I raised my hands up, the shadow didn't reciprocate.

I raised my right leg but the shadow didn't move.

“Stop bothering yourself. It is not your shadow,” the voice emerged from the shadow.

Then, I moved back a bit as i was overwhelmed with fear. I started sweating profusely even though I didn't make any attempt to run away from the mysterious shadow.

“Th-en, who are y-o-u?” I trembled as I threw the question at the shadow.

Suddenly, the shadow changed to human being in the form of lady who was on tattered clothes and blood was dripping down her belly by the right side.

Her eyes were reddish and they were fiercely focused on me. Her lips were dried. Her hair loosely drew down to her shoulders.

“Young man! Be careful! This man you pity does not deserve your empathy. He is reaping what he sowed. It's better you turn back and stop following us now!” the lady strictly warned me.

“But who are you? Why are you tormenting him? ”

“I am dead but my spirit is on the mission to take vengeance on him. My name is Sholly, I won't rest until I finish this man just as he finished my family. ”

At that point, I realized that I was speaking with a ghost.
The awareness created more shock in me, it also rendered me mute for some seconds.

“Ghost,” I muttered.

I looked behind me and saw the man running forward again, and like a wind, Sholly turned to shadow and ran after him.

To be continued...

©️Olawale Ogidan
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100082485533317

(1) (Reply)

Extrapolations From Dreamville / "Pain" / A Poem

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.