Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,452 members, 7,846,894 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 06:27 AM

What Was Your Rejection Story Like; How Did You Handle It? Please Share - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / What Was Your Rejection Story Like; How Did You Handle It? Please Share (13364 Views)

Have You Encountered Such? How Did You Handle It? / How Do You Handle Being Shouted On At Work??? / Npower: Shortlisted Candidates Please Share Your State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Was Your Rejection Story Like; How Did You Handle It? Please Share by Reelz: 3:40pm On Feb 21, 2023
This one na the other way round.. back then I was I Port Harcourt for IT.. I applied for an NLNG IT position. Fast forward to the day of exams at presidential hotel, I aced all the papers.. Results came out, I was sent a mail and called to resume the following week with all the necessary travel itinerary. But it was too late as I had to go back to school to complete my finals.. It gave me the confidence to push on..
I'm in a federal MDA now though..

2 Likes

Re: What Was Your Rejection Story Like; How Did You Handle It? Please Share by Babssoo(m): 3:52pm On Feb 21, 2023
It was the first time I wanted to travel out of Nigeria, it was in 2015, wanted to travel to the USA…all my travel documents were checked, but the interviewer said he is not convinced that i will come back, because I was not married, that I did not show sufficient ties to my country….it was a challenging period, for me then… all thanks to GOd I am a British citizen now

4 Likes

Re: What Was Your Rejection Story Like; How Did You Handle It? Please Share by RaiStar95: 4:08pm On Feb 21, 2023
My rejection story is plenty. Still finding a way to handle it. Rejection can be really tough particularly on someone who is smart. I have been rejected from jobs, scholarships and even men. There are times are feel like a complete failure. Last year was the worse. I would cry almost everyday. Don't get me wrong, I have a relatively good job, but I feel so stuck in it for years now and I can not help but feel like there are stuff I need to achieve and while time passes by, it does not seem like I am getting any closer. People say I put a lot of pressure on myself, but how could it be when I feel like I am yet to arrive at my destination? There are times when I have been tempted to just stop trying and accept that this is my life now. But it seems like I might even be failing at that too. Failure births self doubt. I hope I do not loose sight of who God created me to be.

5 Likes

Re: What Was Your Rejection Story Like; How Did You Handle It? Please Share by Mtncardseller(m): 4:27pm On Feb 21, 2023
Re: What Was Your Rejection Story Like; How Did You Handle It? Please Share by Evidence1000(m): 4:29pm On Feb 21, 2023
JackDaAlienz:
I did apprentice for a fashion designer a.k.a Tailor. After using and abusing me with errands for months without pay. She rejected me after one misunderstanding.

Few months later, I got a job with task force union via my uncle connect.
One day we were briefed on the buildings that we will mark for demolition and in one of the streets is that tailors shop.
I was so happy that I promised my guys to take them out that evening if they help me vandalize and threaten the tailor.
Omo revenge dey sweet, we mark her whole shop with paint come damage her front roof. We told others they have 29 days to move out but we told her it's 5 days before we demolish her shop.
She was crying begging us the funny thing is she didn't even recognize me until I introduced myself. Omo see begging. That day was too sweet

Omo na this your story wey sweet me pass.
Re: What Was Your Rejection Story Like; How Did You Handle It? Please Share by Ajiswaggs(m): 4:31pm On Feb 21, 2023
I remember when I was searching for an apartment, after months of searching with the help of many agents, the last apartment I saw was very good and convince, clean environment...I was about to make payment when another brought a lady in for the same apartment. Funny enough that lady said she want same apartment too...the two agent was dragging the issues of first come first come before they call the main officer in charge to decide....the man said he prefer the lady to occupy the house. I felt rejected and disappointed...same as my agent that showed me the house. We left angrily.

The next day, I went to visit a female friend in her street,. On the way going back home, I met one of the agents have contacted before, he asked me if I later got the apartment I'm searching for. I said no and he said he found a better apartment for me somewhere....the next day I went to check the house. The apartment was ok but not as furnished as the last one, I paid for it and packed in. Till today I have no regrets staying in the apartment. No fight, no gossiping, no issues, cooperation is good. Things are flowing well. The house is nt even far from main road compare to the last apartment. I believe every disappointment is a blessing. And what will be urs will surely be yours .God do things miraculously.

6 Likes

Re: What Was Your Rejection Story Like; How Did You Handle It? Please Share by Emma1Oj(m): 4:43pm On Feb 21, 2023
By now rejection should be scared of me because I no send am.

One thing about me is; once I step out of an interview venue that job is off my mind even if I do well or not. If them like make Dem call or not. Thats their cup or tea.

For me?? I MOVE ON.

3 Likes

Re: What Was Your Rejection Story Like; How Did You Handle It? Please Share by Gohs: 5:23pm On Feb 21, 2023
This Saturday let's REJECT bad leadership and vote for efficiency grin

Vote Peter Obi — he will create more jobs to boost the economy!

Peter Obi for President — vote Labour Party (LP) grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Was Your Rejection Story Like; How Did You Handle It? Please Share by Mdtoba(m): 5:46pm On Feb 21, 2023
DesChyko:
We've come a long way.

It was during my project defence in final year. My supervisor then was always in UNN, I was schooling at ASUTECH renamed ANSU (now COOU).

You know the normal if you write table of content, bring for approval or disapproval; if you write literature review, bring for approval or disapproval; That was how a Lagos-bred young man from Imo whose parents sent to school in Anambra was just flying up and down and spending excess time in Enugu state on top Project matter.

The date was near, this woman kept dutifully rejecting my work upandan, I kept rewriting and re-presenting; sometimes successful, sometimes I will be sent back to drawing board. 2 days to the Monday and Tuesday we will defend (I will defend on Tuesday) and she was still analysing. That's how I took a chance and started typing my work. Even on the day of the defence, I was still typing. My topic was 'Applications of Complex Analysis'. Diagrams and equations took a lot of time even though the other parts were ready.

My friend came with his bike to pick me to the venue, when the last person before me was on the podium. I packed my unfinished work, manuscript and everything; clad in my suit I borrowed from a heftier friend at IMSU then, and zoomed off to the room. I had not even stepped in when the supervisor screamed "I did not approve this work o". Like WTF!!

I couldn't believe my ears. Was her intention to make me lag behind while others moved on? I approached the panel and explained to them when I started and why I got delayed. They told me to go back to my supervisor. I went back to her, she wouldn't have it. I started pleading. All of this was happening with everyone watching. I was almost losing it; until hope came through with the voice of the HOD who asked if I was confident in what I did. I replied him that every page in this booklet was prepared by me and I don't even need to look at it to remember and he override the supervisor and asked that I present my work then. And present my work, I did.

I think I put on a hell of a show but I remembered clearly, the closing remark by one of the lecturers on the audience. He said "I've listened to all defences from yesterday till today but this is the first work I can actually agree that the student did a thorough job. Well done". The applause and chants of my nickname that followed left me grinning from ear to ear. Needless to say, I was asked to tidy up my work and submit for stamping as a formality, but there is no doubt about the grade on the work.
that supervisor is a devil incarnate
Re: What Was Your Rejection Story Like; How Did You Handle It? Please Share by danielgod(m): 8:24pm On Feb 21, 2023
DesChyko:

Lol. Somebody that disappeared in the scheme of things. I didn't even remember she existed again as I never had to deal with her again nah. Just finished my work; submitted to the HOD and that was it.
I think the strictness of your supervisor helped you master your work.

1 Like

Re: What Was Your Rejection Story Like; How Did You Handle It? Please Share by MVLOX(m): 8:43pm On Feb 21, 2023
Some of us currently wish we were rejected self.... E for make sense pass....

1 Like

Re: What Was Your Rejection Story Like; How Did You Handle It? Please Share by caandi: 9:06pm On Feb 21, 2023
Babssoo:
It was the first time I wanted to travel out of Nigeria, it was in 2015, wanted to travel to the USA…all my travel documents were checked, but the interviewer said he is not convinced that i will come back, because I was not married, that I did not show sufficient ties to my country….it was a challenging period, for me then… all thanks to GOd I am a British citizen now
congratulations to you, us embassy denied me visa twice too btw 2017 and I got sad, very dampened in my spirit
After all the money spent by by family
It was for student visa
So sad

2 Likes

Re: What Was Your Rejection Story Like; How Did You Handle It? Please Share by caandi: 9:08pm On Feb 21, 2023
RaiStar95:
My rejection story is plenty. Still finding a way to handle it. Rejection can be really tough particularly on someone who is smart. I have been rejected from jobs, scholarships and even men. There are times are feel like a complete failure. Last year was the worse. I would cry almost everyday. Don't get me wrong, I have a relatively good job, but I feel so stuck in it for years now and I can not help but feel like there are stuff I need to achieve and while time passes by, it does not seem like I am getting any closer. People say I put a lot of pressure on myself, but how could it be when I feel like I am yet to arrive at my destination? There are times when I have been tempted to just stop trying and accept that this is my life now. But it seems like I might even be failing at that too. Failure births self doubt. I hope I do not loose sight of who God created me to be.
story of my life
Re: What Was Your Rejection Story Like; How Did You Handle It? Please Share by DesChyko: 9:29pm On Feb 21, 2023
danielgod:

I think the strictness of your supervisor helped you master your work.

Bruuuuhhhh..

I was practically seeing those manuscripts in my sleep.
Re: What Was Your Rejection Story Like; How Did You Handle It? Please Share by President2001(m): 10:08pm On Feb 21, 2023
In my working place I'm a junior staff, I go and hustle for money to develop where I was posted to when the money was released my boss insist I should be taking permission which I decline

1 Like

Re: What Was Your Rejection Story Like; How Did You Handle It? Please Share by Onyinyechiugly1(f): 12:04am On Feb 22, 2023
RaiStar95:

Stick at it, and don't give up.

Picture where u want to be, and set a goal to achieve it....

You will be fine.

2 Likes

Re: What Was Your Rejection Story Like; How Did You Handle It? Please Share by SMJay: 11:54pm On Mar 03, 2023
cheesy
Staywithbina:

Rejections,been rejected in relationships,by family ,friends ,by life itself,hahahah what beats me is how am able to scale all this through and yet still u won't even see me look what I have been through , just want to use this space to appreciate everyone who has been there for me one way or the other ,the battle is not yet finished till its finished ...see ya'll at the top ,man is never gonna be distracted no matter what
Re: What Was Your Rejection Story Like; How Did You Handle It? Please Share by SMJay: 11:55pm On Mar 03, 2023
grin
MVLOX:
Re: What Was Your Rejection Story Like; How Did You Handle It? Please Share by mozele(m): 10:56am On Mar 04, 2023
MVLOX:

Lol. The experiences are quite frustrating. I'm currently in such position.

I used to be among the top three in class in the two higher institution I graduated from. 85% of persons I organize tutorials for are already gainfully employed. Even my parent had given up on my cause thinking it's because I can't fend for myself etc.

The funny thing about some of the jobs I applied for kept on asking if I had a relevant after school experience. I kept on telling them how I joggled with academics and a job on the side and still finished with good grades.

Still searching though. I still have a long journey ahead of me and won't be giving up any time soon.

1 Like

Re: What Was Your Rejection Story Like; How Did You Handle It? Please Share by SMJay: 12:51pm On Mar 11, 2023
mozele:

Lol. The experiences are white frustrating. I'm currently in such position.

I used to be among the top three in class in the two higher institution I graduated from. 85% of persons I organize tutorials for are already gainfully employed. Even my parent had given up on my cause thinking it's because I can't defend my myself etc.

The funny thing about some of the jobs I applied for kept on asking if I had a relevant after school experience. I kept on telling them how I joggled with academics and a job on the side and still came back to good grades.

Still searching though. I still have a long journey ahead of me and won't be giving up too soon.
Keep pushing

1 Like

Re: What Was Your Rejection Story Like; How Did You Handle It? Please Share by SMJay: 6:58pm On Apr 19, 2023
seguntravels009:
Ok
Share yours
Re: What Was Your Rejection Story Like; How Did You Handle It? Please Share by Hamachi(f): 5:48am On May 07, 2023
cry

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is Online Job Application A Waste Of Time? / I got a Customer Support Job And I I Don't Have the require experience. / Salary Expectation: Client Service Officer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.