Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,066 members, 7,821,667 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:33 PM

The Truth About God's Heritage - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Truth About God's Heritage (114 Views)

Children As God's Heritage / God's Heritage / Creative Thoughts About God (A Compilation) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Truth About God's Heritage by topshore(f): 1:32pm On Feb 21, 2023
Scripture Texts: Psalm 127:3; Psalm 2:8; Psalm 16:6; Psalm 136:22-23; Matthew 25:34

How is the "Heritage" of God explained?

"And if you are children, you are also heirs, both of God and of Christ." (Romans 8:17)

Christians are God's children. We are God's children, and at the same time, this makes us sharers in Christ's inheritance or heritage. Along with Jesus, we get what God the Father wants to give away.

What do you think this gift will be, dear reader?

God gives us a lot in the New Testament: eternal life, the Holy Spirit, redemption, and many other blessings. In reality, the real heritage is the Kingdom of God. God has made it ready for the righteous, but they won't get it until the end of time: "Come, you who are blessed by My Father, take possession of the kingdom that was made for you before the world was made!" Matthew 25:34 says: But God has given His children the Holy Spirit as a "down payment" on their inheritance. God is already setting up His rule through the Holy Spirit, and He will finish it at the end of time. So, Christians already have a taste of what God's kingdom will be like one day.

The Legacy of the Community of Jesus

God's Gift to Israel

The word "heritage" is used in the Old Testament in two different ways:

1. God told the people of Israel that they would live in the land of Israel (Canaan/Palestine). This is the land that the State of Israel calls home again today (Psalm 136:22–23). This land was given to Israel as a gift. That doesn't mean that God doesn't care about the other nations. On the other hand, God only gives Israel a certain amount of land, but this makes room for other nations to also get their share. In this way, everyone can get along and live in peace.

2. God thinks of Israel, both the people and the land, as His own inheritance. In Jeremiah 10:16, it says, "For He is the one who made everything, and Israel is His tribe." Israel is owned by God. In other places, God's "heritage" is sometimes seen as the people and sometimes as the land. So, when other countries attack Israel, which is God's property, they are punished (Joel 4:1–3). No one should even try to touch it.

"Christ has become a servant to Israel to make God's promises come true. This shows that God keeps the promises he made to our forefathers.

God's gift of heritage to Israel in the New Testament

God has promised His people a new covenant. This means that one day, God will forgive His people's sins and write the Torah on Israel's heart. When the judgement is over, Israel will go back to its land and be God's nation for all time (Jeremiah 30-33). Israel reaches its destiny!

The author of the Letter to the Hebrews makes it clear that Jesus, the Messiah of Israel, is the one who made the new covenant possible: "Christ, the mediator of a new covenant." For what? So that "those who have been called" may receive the promise of the eternal inheritance. For Israel, the land that God had already promised to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob is the inheritance that will last forever. This means that Israel joins the new covenant through Jesus and is brought back as a nation to the promised land. As the prophets have always said, this is Israel's land.

Paul says in Romans 15:8 that Israel's inheritance is tied to her Messiah: "Christ has become a servant to Israel to make God's promises come true." This shows that God keeps the promises he made to our forefathers (translation T.K.). This means that Jesus is the way for Israel to finally take possession of the land that is their inheritance.

This is not a new idea. Because every Jewish child knows that it is the job of the Messiah to bring Israel together and fix it. Paul only says things that are clear.

"Ask me, and I'll give you the nations as your inheritance and the ends of the earth as your possession."

The Global Dimensions of God's Kingdom as Messiah's Legacy

On the other hand, Jesus is not only the King of Israel but also of the whole world. Not only does Israel belong to him, but so do all the other countries on earth. Even in the Old Testament, this is how the inheritance is seen by everyone. In Psalm 2, God says to His Messiah, "Ask of Me, and I will surely give the nations as your inheritance and the ends of the earth as your possession" (verse cool. The Messiah will not only rule over Israel but also over the whole world. because the whole world is his (Daniel 2 and 7).

When does this happen? simple answer: when Jesus comes back. Then He will give Israel back its kingdom (Acts 1:6). And he will spread God's kingdom over the whole world. In 1 Corinthians 15:20–28, this is talked about in more detail. Jesus, the Messiah, will first do a full "clean up." He will save the world from sin, the devil, death, and the fact that everything changes. After that, Jesus will give God control of the kingdom. God will then be "all in all" (1 Corinthians 15:28). Then everyone will get their share of the money, and everything will be fine. for Israel and the rest of the world. for everyone who lives in the kingdom of God. Forever.

Brethren, the question is: are you a child of God? Are you qualified to partake in this portion of God's inheritance? Only those who are heirs to the throne of God can inherit it. And no sinner will ever stand before His throne.Therefore, it is better to repent of your sins today and give your life to Christ so that you can have access to the "heritage" of God in eternal life.

If you would like to give your life to Christ, just say this short prayer:

"Lord Jesus, I come to You now. Come into my life, take control of my life, and change my world." I say bye-bye to the devil, and I enter the Kingdom of Light. Thank You, Jesus; I pray in Jesus' name, amen.

Congratulations!!!

You are now in Christ, a new creature. So, don't return to your vomit and old ways that you've just abandoned.Accept the new life in Christ, which is infused with joy.

God bless you.

Peace!

Ref: https://www.c4israel.org/_teachings/the-heritage-of-god/

(1) (Reply)

Zion Prayers And Praises / What God Wants From Us.... / Understanding What Faith Is. Part 74.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.