Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,807 members, 7,827,969 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:25 PM

Beware Of G-importers To Avoid Regrets - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Beware Of G-importers To Avoid Regrets (1062 Views)

Pre-ordered 2013 Volkswagen CC From G-Importers By MAXZIMO (Nairaland Name) / Pre-ordered 2012 Range Rover Evoque (By a Staff of TOTAL from G-Importers) / Pre-order And Delivered Mint Condition 2011 Toyota Highlander By G-importers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Beware Of G-importers To Avoid Regrets by Ayo7(m): 12:39am On Feb 26, 2023
Beware of G-importers and be careful of any transaction with them. If you want to proceed on any deal, ensure terms and conditions are documented and signed.
My candid advice if you don't want to have regrets as a car dealer or private buyer.

Thank you

5 Likes

Re: Beware Of G-importers To Avoid Regrets by ehissi(m): 4:06am On Feb 26, 2023
No! Bia OP, that is not enough.......you need to update the house with details, lets know what is happening or what happened at least...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Beware Of G-importers To Avoid Regrets by Kasiyya(m): 4:26am On Feb 26, 2023
Ayo7:
Beware of Gimporters and be careful of any transaction with them. If you want to proceed on any deal, ensure terms and conditions are documented and signed.
My candid advice if you don't want to have regrets as a car dealer or private buyer.

Thank you

what happened?

1 Like

Re: Beware Of G-importers To Avoid Regrets by Kasiyya(m): 4:28am On Feb 26, 2023
Ayo7:
Beware of Gimporters and be careful of any transaction with them. If you want to proceed on any deal, ensure terms and conditions are documented and signed.

Thank you

please kindly expedite
Re: Beware Of G-importers To Avoid Regrets by MrJames007: 7:08am On Feb 26, 2023
Been planning to use them someday. How far
Re: Beware Of G-importers To Avoid Regrets by Vyzz: 7:52am On Feb 26, 2023
Speak more
Re: Beware Of G-importers To Avoid Regrets by Ayo7(m): 10:02am On Feb 26, 2023
I don't really have much energy to type but will summarize.

I normally don't patronize Nigerian logistics companies but decided to try Gimporters to promote local content and experience their professionalism.
Experience with Gimporters has been a crudely challenging one and I don't think I will patronize a similar logistics company again. Also, always research well before engagement.

*Kindly note that they accept payment in Naira and they fix their own exchange rate regardless of the current market rate and their rates are usually higher*

*Also, seems they have a complex chain in the company so information is difficult to get except by struggling and persistence. Professionalism and good judgement is lacking and arrogance is a norm as they " normally boast of over a decade experience" even when they are wrong. Also, no apologies for what they do wrong*

Vehicle #1:
Scope: Trucking + ocean shipping.
Trucking + ocean shipping charges was quite higher than what my US based shipping company was charging but just overlooked it to see what the experience will be like.
Prior to vessel arrival, all shipping fees was paid. Then the struggle to get telex release to clear the vehicle. Vessel berthed, cargo was discharged but no telex release. Then stories started. After many exchanges, they eventually paid the shipping company and sent me the document after 4 days of mine payment. Maybe someone wasn't paying someone, who knows.
Normally shipping companies process telex release when payment is made but seems they don't pay the shipping companies on time despite getting money from the customer.

Vehicle #2
Scope: Pick up, trucking to storage and port + send address for title delivery + ocean shipping.
As usual trucking rate higher than others by 100 USD. Exchange rate 750 versus 745 open market but I was still in testing phase and studying so transaction proceeded.
Then to pick up vehicle became a problem and storage charges was accumulating. I have to ask for updates everyday as they will never tell you anything or provide updates. It was until I threatened to cancel and get the US based company to pick up did they eventually find a driver. Another struggle was for Gimporters to provide address to deliver title documents which they were not coming up with despite several reminders but eventually they sent one. I had to insist that my vehicle be booked on Grimaldi and not Sallaum. Sallaum has on the average a vessel from the US per month but Grimaldi has more but Gimporters seem to have a preference for Sallaum for reasons unknown.
All shipping fees paid about 2 weeks ago, cargo loaded on vessel. Then another wahala. I asked Gimporters to send me the telex release since cargo is onboard and I have paid shipping fees. I needed the document to process funding only for them to come up with a ridiculous and false statement that "Shipping companies don't process telex release until vessel arrives Lagos". Interesting statement. I showed them evidence of previous transaction with the US based shipping company I normally use then they launched into emotional and sentimental appeal with their usual arrogance. I did some investigations and discovered that shipping agent wasn't paid therefore shipping company wasn't paid so no telex release despite paying Gimporters about 2 weeks ago. I don't understand how a company operates like this. I confronted them with my investigation only to promise to send the telex release this week as they usually promise. This is grossly unprofessional and lack of trust and integrity. You already charged higher fees, higher exchange rate why not provide customers the document they have paid for? Foreign companies don't do this.

Vehicle #3
Scope: Make payment + trucking + shipping.
*Note higher exchange rate of 758 versus 752 in open market*
Vehicle dropped with Sallaum against my request for Grimaldi. I didn't receive any information from Gimporters as usual until after 24 hours vehicle was dropped with Sallaum. When I asked why such a decision, same arrogant answer of "we have more than a decade of experience" and you cannot tell us what to do. Okay no problem. Since the date vehicle was dropped with Sallaum, the 3rd Grimaldi vessel is about to load. A poor decision making which they never admit.

*Kindly note that all these jobs were within a space of 3 months*

Gimporters need to improve their ways but as for me, I will likely revert to the US based companies and save myself the stress of companies like Gimporters who apparently think they are doing customers a favour and not rendering paid services.

For others, do your research before taking a decision.

Thank you.

4 Likes

Re: Beware Of G-importers To Avoid Regrets by ehissi(m): 5:34pm On Feb 26, 2023
Ayo7:
I don't really have much energy to type but will summarize.

I normally don't patronize Nigerian logistics companies but decided to try Gimporters to promote local content and experience their professionalism.
Experience with Gimporters has been a crudely challenging one and I don't think I will patronize a similar logistics company again. Also, always research well before engagement.

*Kindly note that they accept payment in Naira and they fix their own exchange rate regardless of the current market rate and their rates are usually higher*

*Also, seems they have a complex chain in the company so information is difficult to get except by struggling and persistence. Professionalism and good judgement is lacking and arrogance is a norm as they " normally boast of over a decade experience" even when they are wrong. Also, no apologies for what they do wrong*

Vehicle #1:
Scope: Trucking + ocean shipping.
Trucking + ocean shipping charges was quite higher than what my US based shipping company was charging but just overlooked it to see what the experience will be like.
Prior to vessel arrival, all shipping fees was paid. Then the struggle to get telex release to clear the vehicle. Vessel berthed, cargo was discharged but no telex release. Then stories started. After many exchanges, they eventually paid the shipping company and sent me the document after 4 days of mine payment. Maybe someone wasn't paying someone, who knows.
Normally shipping companies process telex release when payment is made but seems they don't pay the shipping companies on time despite getting money from the customer.

Vehicle #2
Scope: Pick up, trucking to storage and port + send address for title delivery + ocean shipping.
As usual trucking rate higher than others by 100 USD. Exchange rate 750 versus 745 open market but I was still in testing phase and studying so transaction proceeded.
Then to pick up vehicle became a problem and storage charges was accumulating. I have to ask for updates everyday as they will never tell you anything or provide updates. It was until I threatened to cancel and get the US based company to pick up did they eventually find a driver. Another struggle was for Gimporters to provide address to deliver title documents which they were not coming up with despite several reminders but eventually they sent one. I had to insist that my vehicle be booked on Grimaldi and not Sallaum. Sallaum has on the average a vessel from the US per month but Grimaldi has more but Gimporters seem to have a preference for Sallaum for reasons unknown.
All shipping fees paid about 2 weeks ago, cargo loaded on vessel. Then another wahala. I asked Gimporters to send me the telex release since cargo is onboard and I have paid shipping fees. I needed the document to process funding only for them to come up with a ridiculous and false statement that "Shipping companies don't process telex release until vessel arrives Lagos". Interesting statement. I showed them evidence of previous transaction with the US based shipping company I normally use then they launched into emotional and sentimental appeal with their usual arrogance. I did some investigations and discovered that shipping agent wasn't paid therefore shipping company wasn't paid so no telex release despite paying Gimporters about 2 weeks ago. I don't understand how a company operates like this. I confronted them with my investigation only to promise to send the telex release this week as they usually promise. This is grossly unprofessional and lack of trust and integrity. You already charged higher fees, higher exchange rate why not provide customers the document they have paid for? Foreign companies don't do this.

Vehicle #3
Scope: Make payment + trucking + shipping.
Vehicle dropped with Sallaum against my request for Grimaldi. I didn't receive any information from Gimporters as usual until after 24 hours vehicle was dropped with Sallaum. When I asked why such a decision, same arrogant answer of "we have more than a decade of experience" and you cannot tell us what to do. Okay no problem. Since the date vehicle was dropped with Sallaum, the 3rd Grimaldi vessel is about to load. A poor decision making which they never admit.

*Kindly note that all these jobs were within a space of 3 months*

Gimporters need to improve their ways but as for me, I will likely revert to the US based companies and save myself the stress of companies like Gimporters who apparently think they are doing customers a favour and not rendering paid services.

For others, do your research before taking a decision.

Thank you.

Don't mind those professional idiots.....how can you refuse to pay the shipping company after receiving payment well over the market rate......them don go join APC!!

Las las na sapa go shave their yansh.....Nonsense
Re: Beware Of G-importers To Avoid Regrets by FYsol: 8:48pm On Mar 02, 2023
Wow, I used them for 2 vehicles, and I had a very smooth experience. @Gimporters please respond to this op
Ayo7:
Beware of G-importers and be careful of any transaction with them. If you want to proceed on any deal, ensure terms and conditions are documented and signed.

Thank you

Re: Beware Of G-importers To Avoid Regrets by Gimporters: 11:03pm On Mar 02, 2023

Hello Nairalanders,

We have not been active on Nairaland auto section for the past few days now. Our attention has just been drawn to this thread.

We are really surprised with the extent of emotional blackmail Mr. Odunayo Otele has spilled on this platform about our service.

First and foremost, the client in question is very temperamental and want things to be done his own way.

G-Importers is a company that has it's own policy and mode of operation.

Now back to the issues he raised.

Exchange rate in his case was determined by availability of USD outside our control.

First Vehicle: 2014 Toyota Highlander
We gave him the trucking and shipping cost and never forced it on him. He gave a go ahead and we proceeded with the transaction. We are in business to give value in exchange for money.

On the Telex Release: He paid for the shipping on Saturday 11th February, 2023 in Naira and the vessel berthed on Monday 13th February, 2023 and he started mounting pressure for his Telex knowing his kind of person we had to manage him. He forgot that we have to source for dollar which sometimes may take between three to five days hence we encourage clients to pay for their shipping much earlier. Eventually, we got the Telex late on Tuesday 14th Febrauary, 2023 and sent it to him on Wednesday morning, which was still within the clearing time frame and no demurrage was incurred on the vehicle.

Second Vehicle: 2013 Mercedes Benz ML 350
This vehicle had a pending title. The pick up of the 2013 Mercedes Benz ML 350 was delayed because it was during the festive season and drivers were on holiday. We had to cover part of the storage cost incurred at the auction and made arrangement for a storage facility to keep the vehicle after pick up from Copart. We had about few hours delay in releasing the storage facility address when the title was ready because there were things that needed to be tidied up and as soon as that was done he got the address.

Now with respect to the Telex Release for this unit, we don't process Telex Release until the vessel is about to berth and this was communicated to him. That's our policy and mode of operation, he is the first person making this kind of demand. We have provided the Draft Copy Bill of Lading, the car was still in the US while he was requesting for the Telex. When we noticed his trouble was becoming too much, we had to bend the rule and told him he will get the Telex this week, which we have delivered to him. We wonder why people take pleasure in trying to bring other people down because things are not done their own way.

Third Vehicle: 2014 Mercedes Benz ML 350
We had No written or verbal agreement as to the shipping line to engage for this car.

In summary, Mr. Odunayo Otele came on this platform to blackmail us and destroy what we have built for years on Nairaland because of his fourth pick request that we never handled. He asked us to truck and ship his fourth vehicle but only to realized he has given it to another shipper while he had made payment for the trucking to us already. His shipper sent a driver to pick up but he never informed us and we also sent a driver only to realized the car has been picked up. In such a case, the client will be charge a Run Dry fee for wasting the trucker's time and gas. This cost was applied to him and this didn't go down well with him hence the opportunity to blackmail G-Importers.

Thank you Nairalanders for taking time to go through our side of the story.

Team G-Importers.

5 Likes

Re: Beware Of G-importers To Avoid Regrets by Ayo7(m): 12:06am On Mar 03, 2023
Dear Gimporters

Thank you for your emotional blackmail and distortion of facts with here and there lies. I am sure you don't want receipts on a public forum a path which I am definitely not interested in although everything is in the past now. No hard feelings although you haven't really addressed any issue raised but played the emotional and sentimental game...lol.

Also, please don't bring up the issue of the 4th vehicle if you don't want your lack of organisation and poor communication to be further scrutinized.

I will not join further issues with you as you have claim that I am very temperamental and a trouble maker which is quite a hilarious comment. I also remember your last compliment tonight which is calling me immature. I accept all compliments....lol

Many thanks for the customer confidentiality and kudos. You can continue hiding behind your company name.

I only await the delivery of the 3rd vehicle which poor decision making and arrogance has kept it at the port when other vehicles that arrived at the same port after it are enroute to Lagos.

Thank you Gimporters for the challenging journey so far.

No hard feelings but important lessons learnt. All is business and I wish you all the best.

This is my last post on this subject. Thank you

Gimporters:

Hello Nairalanders,

We have not been active on Nairaland auto section for the past few days now. Our attention has just been drawn to this thread.

We are really surprised with the extent of emotional blackmail Mr. Odunayo Otele has spilled on this platform about our service.

First and foremost, the client in question is very temperamental and want things to be done in his own way.

G-Importers is a company that has it's own policy and mode of operation.

Now back to the issues he raised.

Exchange rate in his case was determined by availability of USD outside our control.

First Vehicle: 2014 Toyota Highlander
We gave him the trucking and shipping cost and never forced it on him. He gave a go ahead and we proceeded with the transaction. We are in business to give value in exchange for money.

On the Telex Release: He paid for the shipping on Saturday 11th February, 2023 in Naira and the vessel berthed on Monday 13th February, 2023 and he started mounting pressure for his Telex knowing his kind of person we had to manage him. He forgot that we have to source for dollar which sometimes take between three to five working days hence we encourage clients to pay for their shipping much earlier. Eventually, we got the Telex late on Tuesday 14th Febrauary, 2023 and sent it to him on Wednesday morning, which was still within the time clearing time frame and no demurrage was incurred on the vehicle.

Second Vehicle: 2013 Mercedes Benz ML 350
This vehicle had a pending title. The pick up of the 2013 Mercedes Benz ML 350 was delayed because it was during the festive season and drivers were on holiday. We had to cover part of the storage cost incurred at the auction and made arrangement for a storage facility to keep the vehicle after pick up from Copart. We had about few hours delay in releasing the storage facility address when the title was ready because there were things that needed to be tidied up and as soon as that was done he got the address.

Now with respect to the Telex Release for this unit, we don't process Telex Release until the vessel is about to berth and this was communicated to him. That's our policy and mode of operation, he is the first person making this kind of demand. We have provided the Draft Copy Bill of Lading, the car was still in the US while he was requesting for the Telex. When we noticed his trouble was becoming too much, we had to bend the rule and told him he will get the Telex this week, which we have delivered to him. We wonder why people take pleasure in trying to bring other people down because things are done their own way.

Third Vehicle: 2014 Mercedes Benz ML 350
We had No written or verbal agreement as to the shipping line to engage for this car.

In summary, Mr. Odunayo Otele came on this platform to blackmail us and destroy what we have built for years on Nairaland because of his fourth pick request that we never handled. He asked us to truck and ship his fourth vehicle but only to realized he has given it to another shipper while he had made payment for the trucking to us already. His shipper sent a driver to pick up but he never informed us and we also sent a driver only to realized the car has been picked up. In such a case, the client will be charge a Run Dry fee for wasting the trucker's time and gas. This cost was applied to him and this didn't go down well with him hence the opportunity to blackmail G-Importers.

Thank you Nairalander for taking time to go through our side of the story.

Team G-Importers.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Acura TL 2013 Toks#Sold / 1ST BODY Clean 2011 Benz Glk350 Reg Fullest Option Thumbstart Panoramic 6.1m / Honda City 2009 @1.5m

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.