Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,757 members, 7,813,507 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:10 PM

How You Can Pray And Be Heard !!! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How You Can Pray And Be Heard !!! (6873 Views)

8 Important Ways We Can Pray To God As Christians / The Only Place A Repentance Prayer Would Never Be Heard By God / Some Churches Still Lock Their Members In So They Can Pray More. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How You Can Pray And Be Heard !!! by Jokanem(m): 2:47am On Feb 26, 2023
How Can You Pray and Be Heard?

Jehovah God is the “Hearer of prayer.” (Psalm 65:2) We can speak to him anywhere and at any time, aloud or silently.

Jehovah wants us to address him as “Father,” and he really is the best Father we can have. (Matthew 6:9) Lovingly, Jehovah teaches us how to pray and be heard by him.

PRAY TO JEHOVAH GOD IN THE NAME OF JESUS

“If you ask the Father for anything, he will give it to you in my name.”​—John 16:23.

Jesus’ words clearly show that Jehovah wants us to pray to him, not through images, saints, angels, or departed ancestors, but in the name of Jesus Christ.

When we pray to God in Jesus’ name, we show that we recognize the vital role of Jesus. “No one comes to the Father except through me,” said Jesus.​—John 14:6.

SPEAK FROM THE HEART

“Pour out your hearts before him.”​—Psalm 62:8.

When we pray to Jehovah, we should speak as we would to a loving father. Instead of reading out of a book or reciting something memorized, we should speak to him respectfully and from the heart.

PRAY IN HARMONY WITH GOD’S WILL
“No matter what we ask according to his will, he hears us.”​—1 John 5:14.

In the Bible, Jehovah God tells us what he will do for us and what he wants us to do for him. For our prayers to be acceptable to God, we need to pray “according to his will.” To do so, we need to study the Bible so that we can get to know him well. If we do, our prayers will be pleasing to him.

WHAT MIGHT WE PRAY FOR?

Pray for Your Needs. We can pray to God for our daily needs​—food, clothing, and shelter. We might also pray for wisdom to make right decisions and for strength to endure our trials. We can pray for faith, for forgiveness, and for God’s help.​—Luke 11:3, 4, 13; James 1:5, 17.

Pray for Others.

Caring parents are pleased when their children love one another. Jehovah too desires that his children on earth care about one another. It is appropriate to pray for our mate, our children, our family, and our friends. “Pray for one another,” wrote the disciple James.​—James 5:16.

Express Thanks.

Of our Creator, the Bible says: “He did good, giving you rains from heaven and fruitful seasons, satisfying you with food and filling your hearts with gladness.” (Acts 14:17)

When we think about all that God has done for us, we will be moved to express our thanks to him in prayer. Of course, we should also show our gratitude to God by the way we live.​—Colossians 3:15.

BE PATIENT AND KEEP PRAYING

At times, we may feel disheartened because of not getting an immediate answer to our sincere prayers. Should we conclude that God is not interested in us? By no means!

The Bible records many of Jesus’ prayers. The best known is surely the one he taught his disciples. What can we learn from it?

The Lord’s Prayer​—A Model for You

In the Sermon on the Mount, Jesus gave his disciples a model prayer, often called the Lord’s Prayer. (Matthew 6:9-13; see also Luke 11:2-4.)

Over the centuries, this prayer has become so popular that many have memorized and repeated it word for word. Was that Jesus’ intention for this prayer? It hardly seems likely because earlier in that sermon, Jesus had told his disciples to avoid repetitive prayers. (Matthew 6:7)

Rather, Jesus was teaching his followers how to pray and what to pray about. Let us see what we can learn from the model prayer.

“Our Father in the heavens”

We should address our prayers only to God himself.

“Let your name be sanctified”

God’s name, Jehovah, should be honored and viewed as sacred.

“Let your Kingdom come”

God’s Kingdom is a heavenly government with Jesus as King, and it will soon exercise its rule over the entire earth.

“Let your will take place, as in heaven, also on earth”

God’s will is for humans to live forever on earth in peace and security.

“Give us today our bread for this day”

Jehovah is the one who provides the things we need to live.

“Forgive us our debts”

We all make many mistakes and need forgiveness.

Keeping those points in mind can help you to offer meaningful personal prayers.

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How You Can Pray And Be Heard !!! by hisgrace090: 5:23am On Feb 26, 2023
Good job!
If there's a man to pray, there's also a God to answer.
Whatsoever that wort doing wort doing it right.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How You Can Pray And Be Heard !!! by wethebest(m): 8:36am On Feb 26, 2023
Okay
Re: How You Can Pray And Be Heard !!! by Jestin: 8:36am On Feb 26, 2023
Our prayers have been heard. Obi is our next president

11 Likes

Re: How You Can Pray And Be Heard !!! by weblord1900: 8:37am On Feb 26, 2023
Africa the most prayerful and poorest continent.. Put this energy in production and see you don't need any psalm or John be successful

7 Likes

Re: How You Can Pray And Be Heard !!! by SoapQueen(f): 8:37am On Feb 26, 2023
What has worked for me so far!

I start by thanking God and allow my heart remain in a state of gratitude.

I zen my body by abstaining from any form of sin.

I pray without ceasing/season. I pray every single time my spirit moves me - even when it doesn't.

I pray to God with an intention and I act serious. No distractions.

I understand that there are many levels and layers to prayers - warfare prayers are not welfare prayers. I pray intensely according to my needs at the said time. I àdd fasting and a retreat sometimes.

I believe God answers my prayers. Prayers work.

6 Likes

Re: How You Can Pray And Be Heard !!! by Hisxellency: 8:37am On Feb 26, 2023
Abstain from sins and pray in humility and humbleness
You will be fine
Re: How You Can Pray And Be Heard !!! by BRATISLAVA: 8:38am On Feb 26, 2023
All these things don't work.

Some people are destined to be heard by God and others aren't.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How You Can Pray And Be Heard !!! by chudez0147(m): 8:38am On Feb 26, 2023
I love Jehovah witness. Lovely people!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How You Can Pray And Be Heard !!! by Hendrixky: 8:38am On Feb 26, 2023
Stop
Re: How You Can Pray And Be Heard !!! by xquire(m): 8:39am On Feb 26, 2023
Peter Obi will win:
Abia
Imo
Enugu
Anambra
Ebonyi
Rivers
Akwaibom
CrossRivers
Delta
Edo
Bayelsa
Lagos
Benue
Plateau
Nassarawa
Abuja
Taraba

Over 25%
Adamawa
Kaduna
Ondo
Ogun
Kogi
Oyo

25% or less
Niger
Kano
Sokoto
Osun
Kwara
Bauchi

Less than 25%
Borno
Kebbi
Yobe
Jigawa
Zamfara
Kastina
Gombe
Ekiti

2 Likes

Re: How You Can Pray And Be Heard !!! by Offpoint1: 8:39am On Feb 26, 2023
What is prayer?

Asking God to come and do what he already gave you brain to do?

Prayers don't work, TIME DOES.

1 Like

Re: How You Can Pray And Be Heard !!! by madjune(m): 8:39am On Feb 26, 2023
How can you pray for something that's already dead?

With the events of yesterday and today still unfolding before our eyes: massive bare faced rigging happening in Rivers and Apapa and INEC hasn't deemed it fit to take any drastic actions?

Keep praying.

The suffer of the past 8yrs will born triplets next week.

1 Like

Re: How You Can Pray And Be Heard !!! by penearth(m): 8:40am On Feb 26, 2023
We all pray for a successful transition to a new Nigeria which is Possible
Re: How You Can Pray And Be Heard !!! by Exmilitant(m): 8:41am On Feb 26, 2023
Your write up about prayers is limited to the Christian fold alone.
Re: How You Can Pray And Be Heard !!! by ATEAMS: 8:47am On Feb 26, 2023
More praying
Re: How You Can Pray And Be Heard !!! by RosyIsBlessed: 9:03am On Feb 26, 2023
xquire:
Peter Obi will win:
Abia
Imo
Enugu
Anambra
Ebonyi
Rivers
Akwaibom
CrossRivers
Delta
Edo
Bayelsa
Lagos
Benue
Plateau
Nassarawa
Abuja
Taraba

Over 25%
Adamawa
Kaduna
Ondo
Ogun
Kogi
Oyo

25% or less
Niger
Kano
Sokoto
Osun
Kwara
Bauchi

Less than 25%
Borno
Kebbi
Yobe
Jigawa
Zamfara
Kastina
Gombe
Ekiti

Why are you derailing the thread with this?

Rule 1 violated.
Re: How You Can Pray And Be Heard !!! by jaephoenix(m): 9:32am On Feb 26, 2023
Jokanem:
How Can You Pray and Be Heard?

Jehovah God is the “Hearer of prayer.” (Psalm 65:2) We can speak to him anywhere and at any time, aloud or silently.

Jehovah wants us to address him as “Father,” and he really is the best Father we can have. (Matthew 6:9) Lovingly, Jehovah teaches us how to pray and be heard by him.

PRAY TO JEHOVAH GOD IN THE NAME OF JESUS

“If you ask the Father for anything, he will give it to you in my name.”​—John 16:23.

Jesus’ words clearly show that Jehovah wants us to pray to him, not through images, saints, angels, or departed ancestors, but in the name of Jesus Christ.

When we pray to God in Jesus’ name, we show that we recognize the vital role of Jesus. “No one comes to the Father except through me,” said Jesus.​—John 14:6.

SPEAK FROM THE HEART

“Pour out your hearts before him.”​—Psalm 62:8.

When we pray to Jehovah, we should speak as we would to a loving father. Instead of reading out of a book or reciting something memorized, we should speak to him respectfully and from the heart.

PRAY IN HARMONY WITH GOD’S WILL
“No matter what we ask according to his will, he hears us.”​—1 John 5:14.

In the Bible, Jehovah God tells us what he will do for us and what he wants us to do for him. For our prayers to be acceptable to God, we need to pray “according to his will.” To do so, we need to study the Bible so that we can get to know him well. If we do, our prayers will be pleasing to him.

WHAT MIGHT WE PRAY FOR?

Pray for Your Needs. We can pray to God for our daily needs​—food, clothing, and shelter. We might also pray for wisdom to make right decisions and for strength to endure our trials. We can pray for faith, for forgiveness, and for God’s help.​—Luke 11:3, 4, 13; James 1:5, 17.

Pray for Others.

Caring parents are pleased when their children love one another. Jehovah too desires that his children on earth care about one another. It is appropriate to pray for our mate, our children, our family, and our friends. “Pray for one another,” wrote the disciple James.​—James 5:16.

Express Thanks.

Of our Creator, the Bible says: “He did good, giving you rains from heaven and fruitful seasons, satisfying you with food and filling your hearts with gladness.” (Acts 14:17)

When we think about all that God has done for us, we will be moved to express our thanks to him in prayer. Of course, we should also show our gratitude to God by the way we live.​—Colossians 3:15.

BE PATIENT AND KEEP PRAYING

At times, we may feel disheartened because of not getting an immediate answer to our sincere prayers. Should we conclude that God is not interested in us? By no means!

The Bible records many of Jesus’ prayers. The best known is surely the one he taught his disciples. What can we learn from it?

The Lord’s Prayer​—A Model for You

In the Sermon on the Mount, Jesus gave his disciples a model prayer, often called the Lord’s Prayer. (Matthew 6:9-13; see also Luke 11:2-4.)

Over the centuries, this prayer has become so popular that many have memorized and repeated it word for word. Was that Jesus’ intention for this prayer? It hardly seems likely because earlier in that sermon, Jesus had told his disciples to avoid repetitive prayers. (Matthew 6:7)

Rather, Jesus was teaching his followers how to pray and what to pray about. Let us see what we can learn from the model prayer.

“Our Father in the heavens”

We should address our prayers only to God himself.

“Let your name be sanctified”

God’s name, Jehovah, should be honored and viewed as sacred.

“Let your Kingdom come”

God’s Kingdom is a heavenly government with Jesus as King, and it will soon exercise its rule over the entire earth.

“Let your will take place, as in heaven, also on earth”

God’s will is for humans to live forever on earth in peace and security.

“Give us today our bread for this day”

Jehovah is the one who provides the things we need to live.

“Forgive us our debts”

We all make many mistakes and need forgiveness.

Keeping those points in mind can help you to offer meaningful personal prayers.
How come the most religious nations are the more ignorant, poorer and backward nations? Why aren't their prayers answered? Since you have such good praying skills, why is your and Nigeria's life worse off than China, Czech etc with less prayer warriors?
Please christians shouldn't dodge this question
Re: How You Can Pray And Be Heard !!! by liasmiram2567: 9:43am On Feb 26, 2023
[quote author=xquire post=121254033]Peter Obi will win:
Abia
Imo
Enugu
Anambra
Ebonyi
Rivers
Akwaibom
CrossRivers
Delta
Edo
Bayelsa
Lagos
Benue
Plateau
Nassarawa
Abuja
Taraba

Over 25%
Adamawa
Kaduna
Ondo
Ogun
Kogi
Oyo

[b]25% or less
Niger
Kano
Sokoto
Osun
Kwara
Bauchi

Less than 25%
Borno
Kebbi
Yobe
Jigawa
Zamfara
Kastina
Gombe
Ekiti[/[/b]quote]

He has lost.He won't make the minimum if 25% in 24 states fro what you presented
Re: How You Can Pray And Be Heard !!! by PointB: 9:48am On Feb 26, 2023
If you want your prayers heard, pray to yourself for you are God.
Re: How You Can Pray And Be Heard !!! by xquire(m): 9:50am On Feb 26, 2023
[quote author=liasmiram2567 post=121256045][/quote]

Chill first my brother, Niger, Bauchi and Kwara results will shock you
Re: How You Can Pray And Be Heard !!! by Spanki(f): 9:52am On Feb 26, 2023
Pray according to the word of God, for he said, who speaketh and it came to pass when the Lord Almighty has not commanded

So pray according to his word, for it is written that the Lord empower my right hand, by it, Mighty Kings (not one not two) will be paralyzed with fear, never to shut their doors (not one not two) against me!!!! That's the word of God.

I cAnt do that!
Re: How You Can Pray And Be Heard !!! by edunaragold(f): 9:56am On Feb 26, 2023
I naked my self lock my door and pray favently,till am ok
Re: How You Can Pray And Be Heard !!! by Tumbuleke: 10:04am On Feb 26, 2023
RosyIsBlessed:

Why are you derailing the thread with this?

Rule 1 violated.

Why won’t he violate the rule when the bias nature of this platform is so glaring to the blind. For Islamic post on Friday, there’s is a swear of allegiance to Mohammed before getting access to Islamic post, while for a Christian post, it is open to every Tom, Dick and Harry.
Re: How You Can Pray And Be Heard !!! by Judybash93(m): 10:09am On Feb 26, 2023
weblord1900:
Africa the most prayerful and poorest continent.. Put this energy in production and see you don't need any psalm or John be successful
Word

1 Like

Re: How You Can Pray And Be Heard !!! by RosyIsBlessed: 11:06am On Feb 26, 2023
Tumbuleke:

Why won’t he violate the rule when the bias nature of this platform is so glaring to the blind. For Islamic post on Friday, there’s is a swear of allegiance to Mohammed before getting access to Islamic post, while for a Christian post, it is open to every Tom, Dick and Harry.

Must you always compare and contrast? Why always feel people are biased against you? Na competition? What will the mods gain approving one against the other? Abeg change your mindset.
Re: How You Can Pray And Be Heard !!! by Sleekfingers: 11:09am On Feb 26, 2023
Other countries are busy developing technologically ... Nigerians are busy praying for manna......in this 21st century......

Look at countries like Saudi Arabia , China , UAE , Germany , Singapore , Japan , Israel , Canada , Ireland , France , Qatar , Kuwait, just to name a few ..... Shey na prayers developed those countries? Despite not having half of our natural resources......
Decades, China was among the poorest countries in the world. They didn't sit on their butts praying to one God. They walked for it.
Not to talk of Singapore.....they don't go about building religion houses up and down like squirrel ......they invested huge in developing their country......
Re: How You Can Pray And Be Heard !!! by fredsamuel1: 11:28am On Feb 26, 2023
Thanks for this wonderful post Op, i just got enlightened
Re: How You Can Pray And Be Heard !!! by Mom007(f): 11:30am On Feb 26, 2023
If a person is living in sin, the only prayer God wants to hear from his/her mouth is the prayer of repentance else every other prayer is an abomination to God.
Re: How You Can Pray And Be Heard !!! by letitrainnow(m): 12:00pm On Feb 26, 2023
Good job, I love this.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Islam Religion Of Peace Has Killed 12 In France / Hey Yall Its Sept 23 And I Am Raptured. I Am Writing This Post From Heaven / Who Are Those Going To Hell. Almost All Christains Will Be Traveling To Hell

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.