Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,752 members, 7,851,580 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 11:24 PM

As Believers What Next After Voting - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / As Believers What Next After Voting (183 Views)

'Laughing' Church Banner In Calabar By Believers' Right Ministry (Photo) / Nigerian Mega-rich Pastors Living In Million Pound Homes Prey On Believers - UK / Believers, What Do You Say About The Theory That Claim That God/gods Are Aliens? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

As Believers What Next After Voting by gohf: 7:33am On Feb 26, 2023
We have prayed, we have voted, we have survived (my heart and prayers to those who suffered yesterday because of human wickedness).

I do not know the heart of any man, my vote is my vote, your vote is yours, who will win and who becomes president of Nigeria depends a lot of factors.

However whoever wins the election will need the prayers of the saint, so that good will occur in this country.

First of all, then, I urge that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgivings be made for all people, for kings and all who are in high positions, that we may lead a peaceful and quiet life, godly and dignified in every way. This is good, and it is pleasing in the sight of God our Savior, who desires all people to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth. (2 Timothy 2:1-4)

I am not telling who to support, or who not to support but not to hate whoever becomes Nigerians president but to pray for them, that the evil they desire to do will fail but the good that should be done will prevail.

Apart from the presidential election, we have other votes to cast and other appointments would be made. It will be sad if said policies been passed that are good for the people are abolished. We witnessed polling units, voting stands been destroyed, vehicles for them involved in accidents. We witnessed that there are those who love the dark who will fight the right process of things.

I wish it was enough just to vote but we also have to be righteous and pray more for this country, for God's children and the leaders.

Don't stop praying because your candidate won or lost. Happy Sunday

1 Like

Re: As Believers What Next After Voting by Kobojunkie: 7:38am On Feb 26, 2023
gohf:
We have prayed, we have voted, we have survived (my heart and prayers to those who suffered yesterday because of human wickedness).I do not know the heart of any man, my vote is my vote, your vote is yours, who will win and who becomes president of Nigeria depends a lot of factors.

However whoever wins the election will need the prayers of the saint, so that good will occur in this country.
Jesus Christ warned His followers against following the politics of the world --- so how He go come dey bend the will of the people (and their rulers) for what amounts to your selfish desires? undecided

You have voted. What is next is to accept the will of the people and move on. undecided
Re: As Believers What Next After Voting by Nobody: 7:44am On Feb 26, 2023
Biafra or Death
Re: As Believers What Next After Voting by derecho(m): 7:49am On Feb 26, 2023
Whatever you do,
Never allow evil to thrive.

We are all gifted differently.
Some of us are braver and more dogged than others.

Except God expressly tells you not to fight, FIGHT to defend the vulnerable.
Enforce righteousness.

But I know, wickedness MUST come to a perpetual END after this election. And you have a part to play... That you'll have to figure out
Re: As Believers What Next After Voting by Kobojunkie: 7:53am On Feb 26, 2023
derecho:
■ Whatever you do, Never allow evil to thrive. We are all gifted differently. Some of us are braver and more dogged than others. Except God expressly tells you not to fight, FIGHT to defend the vulnerable. Enforce righteousness.
■ But I know, wickedness MUST come to a perpetual END after this election. And you have a part to play... That you'll have to figure out
1. Did Jesus Christ actually ever tell any of His own to fight or "enforce" what you call righteousness? undecided

2. Una never even start, yet some are already hallucinating. grin
Re: As Believers What Next After Voting by derecho(m): 7:56am On Feb 26, 2023
You can't understand what I wrote.Those who have ears have heard.

I would have explained to you but I have learnt not to cast pearl to swines.

Kobojunkie:
1. Did Jesus Christ actually ever tell any of His own to fight or "enforce" what you call righteousness? undecided

2. Una never even start, yet some are already hallucinating. grin
Re: As Believers What Next After Voting by Kobojunkie: 7:58am On Feb 26, 2023
derecho:
■ You can't understand what I wrote.Those who have ears have heard.I would have explained to you but I have learnt not to cast gold to swines.
1. Religion don do job for una heads so tay una dey convince una selves say una be wise men. grin

What you wrote makes no sense, and what Jesus Christ decreed regarding not casting pearls to swine was to cause His followers to give their treasures only to those who didn't have as opposed to giving to rich men and their businesses (churches). undecided
Re: As Believers What Next After Voting by derecho(m): 8:03am On Feb 26, 2023
"Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you." – KJV, Matthew 7:6.
Re: As Believers What Next After Voting by Kobojunkie: 8:08am On Feb 26, 2023
derecho:
"Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you." – KJV, Matthew 7:6.
Jesus Christ admonishes His followers to
■ Avoid giving that which is Holy -- the Kingdom of God and His Gospel-- to the dogs aka the Non-Israelites as gleaned from Matthew 15 vs 22 - 26.
■ Avoid giving their treasures to swine -- those who already have .

Note how you conveniently ignored the intended meaning of the one the verse is attributed you all so you can push what is a lie in it's place. undecided
Re: As Believers What Next After Voting by orisa37: 10:04am On Feb 26, 2023
AFTER YOU WRITE YOUR EXAMS AND SUBMIT YOUR SCRIPTS, YOU START PRAYING FERVENTLY FOR YOUR SCRIPTS TO BE SEEN AND ASSESSED RIGHTEOUSLY.
NIGERIA SHOULD COMMENCE PRAYER NOW FOR GOD TO CHOOSE RIGHTLY.

(1) (Reply)

Let It Be / Lip Gross / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 31/03/2023

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.