Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,711 members, 7,824,019 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:30 PM

Blessed Are The - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Blessed Are The (181 Views)

Blessed Are The Poor In Spirit / Decoding The Bible : The Beatitudes- Blessed Are The Poor In Spirit! / Blessed Are the Meek for They Shall Inherit the Earth — Understand Matthew 5:5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Blessed Are The by EastAlchemist: 3:55pm On Feb 26, 2023
Blessed are the sleepers
For they shall soon nod off cool cool
Re: Blessed Are The by Eviana(f): 4:26pm On Feb 26, 2023
I don't get this, but I say this kindly.
Mocking a powerful scripture passage...
Not a good idea.
If you are sleepy, then go to sleep.
No need to mock.....so unnecesssry and disrespectful.

You are blessed, I'm sure, because of the prayers of others.
The Lord is so patient, long-suffering and kind towards the undeserving...
Re: Blessed Are The by EastAlchemist: 7:43pm On Feb 26, 2023
Eviana:
I don't get this, but I say this kindly.
Mocking a powerful scripture passage...
Not a good idea.
If you are sleepy, then go to sleep.
No need to mock.....so unnecesssry and disrespectful.

You are blessed, I'm sure, because of the prayers of others.
The Lord is so patient, long-suffering and kind towards the undeserving...

Wahala
Wahala
Wahala
You say you don’t understand me yet you judge me
You’re blessed too
Re: Blessed Are The by EastAlchemist: 8:13pm On Feb 26, 2023
Could you think a God? – But let this mean will to truth to you; that everything be transformed into what is humanly thinkable, humanly visible, humanly feelable! You should think your own senses to their conclusion!
And what you called world, that should first be created by you: your reason, your image, your will, your love itself it should become! And truly, for your own bliss, you seekers of knowledge!
Re: Blessed Are The by Eviana(f): 9:02pm On Feb 26, 2023
EastAlchemist:

Wahala
Wahala
Wahala
You say you don’t understand me yet you judge me
You’re blessed too

Wahala=trouble correct?
Ok, so was I right or wrong that you were mocking the Lord?
If so, then why?
Yes sir, you better believe I know I'm blessed...too many times I might say. I don't mock my Lord and Savior--which is what differentiates us..
Re: Blessed Are The by Eviana(f): 9:03pm On Feb 26, 2023
EastAlchemist:
Could you think a God? – But let this mean will to truth to you; that everything be transformed into what is humanly thinkable, humanly visible, humanly feelable! You should think your own senses to their conclusion!
And what you called world, that should first be created by you: your reason, your image, your will, your love itself it should become! And truly, for your own bliss, you seekers of knowledge!

Huh??
What did you just write sir?
Re: Blessed Are The by Kobojunkie: 9:05pm On Feb 26, 2023
EastAlchemist:
■ Could you think a God? – But let this mean will to truth to you; that everything be transformed into what is humanly thinkable, humanly visible, humanly feelable! You should think your own senses to their conclusion!
1. But what you call your world typically begins and ends in your mind. You can create things but you cannot rule over them as you are able to in your mind. So, of what real value is this world you create for yourself in your mind? undecided
Re: Blessed Are The by Kobojunkie: 9:06pm On Feb 26, 2023
EastAlchemist:
Blessed are the sleepers
For they shall soon nod off cool cool
Is this some ode to narcolepsy or something? undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Blessed Are The by EastAlchemist: 9:23pm On Feb 26, 2023
Eviana:

Wahala=trouble correct?
Ok, so was I right or wrong that you were mocking the Lord?
If so, then why?
Yes sir, you better believe I know I'm blessed...too many times I might say. I don't mock my Lord and Savior--which is what differentiates us..
It’s a German proverb translated
No I wasn’t mocking God
I’ll never do that
Re: Blessed Are The by EastAlchemist: 9:24pm On Feb 26, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. But what you call your world typically begins and ends in your mind. You can create things but you cannot rule over them as you are able to in your mind. So, of what real value is this world you create for yourself in your mind? undecided
Allow me and my thoughts woman
Re: Blessed Are The by EastAlchemist: 9:25pm On Feb 26, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Is this some ode to narcolepsy or something? undecided
One is correct dumbass
Re: Blessed Are The by Kobojunkie: 9:27pm On Feb 26, 2023
EastAlchemist:

Allow me and my thoughts woman
There is the diary section where you can freely pour out the vomit from your mind without so much as a challenge. undecided
Re: Blessed Are The by EastAlchemist: 9:28pm On Feb 26, 2023
Many lands he saw and many peoples; thus he discovered many peoples’ good and evil. No greater market place on earth did he find than good and evil.
No people could live that did not first esteem; but if they want to preserve themselves, then they must not esteem as their neighbor esteems.
Much that was called good by this people was called scorn and disgrace by another: thus I found. Much I found that was called evil here and decked in purple honors there.
Never did one neighbor understand the other: always his soul was amazed at his neighbor’s delusion and malice.
A tablet of the good hangs over every people. Observe, it is the tablet of their overcomings; observe, it is the voice of their will to power.
Re: Blessed Are The by EastAlchemist: 9:28pm On Feb 26, 2023
Kobojunkie:
There is the diary section where you can freely pour out the vomit from your mind without so much as a challenge. undecided
Nothing concern snake bite with dragon
Leave me
Re: Blessed Are The by Kobojunkie: 9:29pm On Feb 26, 2023
EastAlchemist:

Nothing concern snake bite with dragon
Leave me
Again...There is the diary section where you can freely pour out the vomit from your mind without so much as a challenge. undecided
Re: Blessed Are The by EastAlchemist: 9:30pm On Feb 26, 2023
What section is this ma’am?
Re: Blessed Are The by EastAlchemist: 9:31pm On Feb 26, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Again...There is the diary section where you can freely pour out the vomit from your mind without so much as a challenge. undecided
You want me to cause you more pain ?
It took me a lot of time to forgive myself from that conversation
I won’t let you tempt me into doing that again
Like I said allow me
Re: Blessed Are The by EastAlchemist: 9:32pm On Feb 26, 2023
:PAre you a slave? Then you cannot be a friend. Are you a tyrant? Then you cannot have friends.
All too long a slave and a tyrant have been concealed in woman. That is why woman is not yet capable of friendship: she knows only love tongue
Re: Blessed Are The by EastAlchemist: 9:35pm On Feb 26, 2023
You people speak of your prophet all the time
Nobody dun disturb una
I am preaching of my own prophet
You Dey fight me
Re: Blessed Are The by EastAlchemist: 9:37pm On Feb 26, 2023
In the love of a woman are injustice and blindness toward everything that she does not love. And even in the knowing love of a woman there is everywhere still assault and lightning and night next to light.
Women is not yet capable of friendship: women are still cats, and birds. Or, at best, cows
Re: Blessed Are The by EastAlchemist: 9:38pm On Feb 26, 2023
Woman is not yet capable of friendship. But tell me, you men, who then among you is capable of friendship?
Oh how repulsive is your poverty, you men, and the stinginess of your souls! As much as you give your friend I will give even to my enemy, and would not be poorer for it.
There is comradeship: may there be friendship

Have a good week the good people of Nairaland
Re: Blessed Are The by EastAlchemist: 9:53am On Feb 27, 2023
My prophet once spoke of a wise teacher who always had young people around speaking of good sleep and virtues..he was much honored and rewarded, and all the youths sat at his feet. My prophet went to him and sat at his feet with all the youths. And thus spoke the wise man:
“Have honor and bashfulness for sleep! That is the first thing! And avoid all who sleep badly and remain awake nights!
Even the thief is bashful toward sleep; he constantly steals through the night, silently. But the watchman of the night is shameless, and shame- lessly he carries his horn.
Sleeping is no mean art, it is necessary to remain awake the entire day for it.
Ten times a day you must overcome yourself, that makes for a good weariness and is poppy for the soul.
Ten times you must reconcile yourself again with yourself, for over- coming causes bitterness and the unreconciled sleep badly.
Ten truths you must find by day, or else you will still be seeking truth by night and your soul will have remained hungry.
Ten times you must laugh by day and be cheerful, or else your stomach will bother you at night, this father of gloom.
Few know it but one must have all the virtues in order to sleep well. Shall I bear false witness? Shall I commit adultery?
Shall I covet my neighbor’s maid? All that would be incompatible with good sleep.
And even when one has all the virtues, one must understand one more thing: how to send the virtues to sleep at the right time.
So that they do not quarrel with each other, the good little women! And quarrel over you, wretch!
At peace with God and neighbor, thus good sleep demands. And at peace too with the neighbor’s devil! Otherwise he will be at your house at night.
Honor the authorities and practice obedience, even toward the crooked authorities! Thus good sleep demands. What can I do about it that the powers like to walk on crooked legs? He shall always be the best shepherd in my view who leads his sheep to the greenest pasture; this is compatible with good sleep.
I do not want many honors, nor great treasures – that inflames the spleen. But sleep is bad without a good name and a little treasure.
A little company is more welcome to me than evil company, but they must go and come at the right time, for this is compatible with good sleep.
I also like very much the poor in spirit, they promote sleep. Blessed are they, especially when they are always told they are right.
Thus passes the day for the virtuous one. Now when night comes I am careful not to summon sleep – the master of virtues does not like to be summoned!
Instead I think what I have done and thought throughout the day. Rumi- nating, I ask myself, patient as a cow; what then were my ten overcomings? And what were the ten reconciliations and the ten truths and the ten
laughters to which my heart treated itself?
In this manner reflecting and rocked by forty thoughts, sleep suddenly
falls upon me, the unsummoned, the master of virtues.
Sleep knocks at my eyelids, and they become heavy. Sleeps brushes my
mouth, and it stays open.
Truly, on soft soles it comes to me, the dearest of thieves, and steals my
thoughts: stupid I stand there like this chair.
But then I am not standing for long, and soon I am lying.” –
When my prophet heard the wise man speak thus, he laughed inwardly
in his heart, for something dawned on him, and he spoke thus to his heart: “That wise man there with his forty thoughts is just a fool to me, but I
believe that he well understands sleep.
Happy the one who lives even near this wise man! Such a sleep is
infectious, and it infects even through a thick wall.
In this teacher nothing less than magic resides, and not in vain did
youths sit at the feet of this preacher of virtue.
The meaning of his wisdom is: wake in order to sleep well. And truly,
if life had no meaning and if I had to choose nonsense, then to me too this would be the worthiest nonsense I could choose.
Now I understand clearly what was once sought before all else when teachers of virtue were sought. Good sleep was sought and poppy- blossomed virtues to boot!
For all these highly praised wise men and teachers wisdom was the sleep without dreams: they knew no better meaning of life.
And still today there are a few like this preacher of virtue, and some not so honest. But their time is up, not for long will they be standing, and soon they’ll be lying.
Blessed are these sleepy ones, for they shall soon nod off.
Re: Blessed Are The by EastAlchemist: 9:54am On Feb 27, 2023
Eviana:

Huh??
What did you just write sir?
I added clarity to it
I hope you understand this time
Re: Blessed Are The by Eviana(f): 12:20am On Feb 28, 2023
EastAlchemist:

I added clarity to it
I hope you understand this time

Well....um,
I'll have to re-read all of it. Trying to understand it all.
You were engrossed in a convo with her--the other moniker, so I left the thread...
It looks like you've gone into a deeper thought process sort of thing.
I just didn't want you to mock the Lord's words-- that's all.
I appreciate your reply.

(1) (Reply)

Lip Gross / Is It Right To Go To Church Without Paying Offering? What's Your View? / Yah Created The World In Seven Deities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.