Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,063 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:45 AM

Threads On Visa Sponsorship Job For Software Engineers(web Based) - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Threads On Visa Sponsorship Job For Software Engineers(web Based) (1954 Views)

Mass Resignation Of Software Engineers Disrupts Banks Digitisation Move / What Language Do I Need To Learn For Software Development? / Backend Software Engineers, Let's Talk About System Design (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Threads On Visa Sponsorship Job For Software Engineers(web Based) by MxBegottenSon(m): 10:14am On Feb 27, 2023
For now, the situations of Nigerians are pathetic. Anyone who left Nigeria with with Visa sponsorship job should please drop how you did it so we can learn and do same. Help brothers šŸ™.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Threads On Visa Sponsorship Job For Software Engineers(web Based) by fnep2smooth(m): 10:20am On Feb 27, 2023
I'm following
Re: Threads On Visa Sponsorship Job For Software Engineers(web Based) by tensazangetsu20(m): 10:39am On Feb 27, 2023
LoL you are looking for visa sponsorship job in this tech downturn. I won't discourage you but it's gonna be very difficult. Even data structures and algorithms knowledge won't do much now. Yesterday google even shut down all it's coding competitions and sacked everyone that runs those teams. Tech Is in a brutal season at the moment.

4 Likes

Re: Threads On Visa Sponsorship Job For Software Engineers(web Based) by Kaycee54321(m): 10:47am On Feb 27, 2023
tensazangetsu20:
LoL you are looking for visa sponsorship job in this tech downturn. I won't discourage you but it's gonna be very difficult. Even data structures and algorithms knowledge won't do much now. Yesterday google even shut down all it's coding competitions and sacked everyone that runs those teams. Tech Is in a brutal season at the moment.

Lol. One firm literally translated their rejection to me along the lines of "Had it been you dey on ground for UK, we for consider you immediately."

Some outrightly tell you before you apply that you should forget about visa sponsorship (if you like, be Stephen Hawkin)

1 Like

Re: Threads On Visa Sponsorship Job For Software Engineers(web Based) by tensazangetsu20(m): 10:52am On Feb 27, 2023
Kaycee54321:

Lol. One firm literally translated their rejection to me along the lines of "Had it been you dey on ground for UK, we for consider you immediately."

Some outrightly tell you before you apply that you should forget about visa sponsorship (if you like, be Stephen Hawkin)

It's a very devastating time to be in tech. To think it wasn't like this as of even august. It's crazy. If you have the money, japa through student visa. Don't hope on visa sponsorship job.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Threads On Visa Sponsorship Job For Software Engineers(web Based) by jesmond3945: 10:59am On Feb 27, 2023
Never say never. Look for skills that people will want to sponsor. AI, machine learning, software. Web development is not cutting it at the moment. However, there is a lot of remote roles. Furthermore, look into teaching roles, stem subjects, you might qualify to japa or enter school go do nursing.

1 Like

Re: Threads On Visa Sponsorship Job For Software Engineers(web Based) by tensazangetsu20(m): 11:02am On Feb 27, 2023
jesmond3945:
Never say never. Look for skills that people will want to sponsor. AI, machine learning, software. Web development is not cutting it at the moment. However, there is a lot of remote roles. Furthermore, look into teaching roles, stem subjects, you might qualify to japa or enter school go do nursing.

Even AI the same thing. People aren't getting jobs again. I follow a lot of people on LinkedIn and there's a guy I follow dude has PhD in ai from even MIT. He got laid off from Google and couldnt get a job in the 60 day h1b tenure and had to go back to his country. In his country too he has not found a job. There's no safe tech skill. If you have a foreign passport it's different than if you are from a third world country. Aside a few top tech firms, a lot of AI jobs especially in a country like the USA are government based. You would need a USA passport with security clearance to get those jobs.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Threads On Visa Sponsorship Job For Software Engineers(web Based) by OlawaleBammie: 11:02am On Feb 27, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

It's a very devastating time to be in tech. To think it wasn't like this as of even august. It's crazy. If you have the money, japa through student visa. Don't hope on visa sponsorship job.
U mean like if one japa tru study visa, one can get their and be searching for job manually abi?

1 Like

Re: Threads On Visa Sponsorship Job For Software Engineers(web Based) by Nickisindigo(m): 11:03am On Feb 27, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

Atleast one should give it a try
Re: Threads On Visa Sponsorship Job For Software Engineers(web Based) by tensazangetsu20(m): 11:04am On Feb 27, 2023
OlawaleBammie:
U mean like if one japa tru study visa, one can get their and be searching for job manually abi?

Once you are there, you would definitely get a job.
Re: Threads On Visa Sponsorship Job For Software Engineers(web Based) by OlawaleBammie: 11:07am On Feb 27, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

Once you are there, you would definitely get a job.

It's internship I am even looking for

I want to japa tru study route and look for an internship...I pray I am favoured In Jesus Name

1 Like

Re: Threads On Visa Sponsorship Job For Software Engineers(web Based) by truthCoder: 11:29am On Feb 27, 2023
There is a glut of job seeking tech heads at the moment.

If you are hoping to get a good tech job, then i can only support you in your wish with prayers for a miracle.

If you have tech skills, create a solution with the tech skills. Team up with others and set up a small startup. Yes you would be really broke but do you really have an option?

If you have a sensible project, investors are still more willing to listen to you than if you say you know how to write
 const a = b +c 

I built an office solution for a friend and forgot about it. Some months later, he was in a cafe in Abu Dhabi, using the tool to monitor his staff workflows. An emirati who was in the same cafe walked to him to ask for the site details.My friend informed him that it was custom built for his business by a friend. That was how i got my first offshore consultancy.

Dont wait for salaried jobs. Build SaaS. Build something that is needed. Build church apps where members can pay tithes or donations directly. Make it subscription based or skim off a percentage off the collections.

There is tech money floating in the air and the owners just dont want to be paying unnecessary salaries.

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Threads On Visa Sponsorship Job For Software Engineers(web Based) by tensazangetsu20(m): 11:33am On Feb 27, 2023
truthCoder:
There is a glut of job seeking tech heads at the moment.

If you are hoping to get a good tech job, then i can only support you in your wish with prayers for a miracle.

If you have tech skills, create a solution with the tech skills. Team up with others and set up a small startup. Yes you would be really broke but do you really have an option?

If you have a sensible project, investors are still more willing to listen to you than if you say you know how to write
 const a = b +c 

I built an office solution for a friend and forgot about it. Some months later, he was in a cafe in Abu Dhabi, using the tool to monitor his staff workflows. An emirati who was in the same cafe walked to him to ask for the site details.My friend informed him that it was custom built for his business by a friend. That was how i got my first offshore consultancy.

Dont wait for salaried jobs. Build SaaS. Build something that is needed. Build church apps where members can pay tithes or donations directly. Make it subscription based or skim off a percentage off the collections.

There is tech money floating in the air and the owners just dont want to be paying unnecessary salaries.

This. You have said everything. Either SAAS or get a student visa.

2 Likes

Re: Threads On Visa Sponsorship Job For Software Engineers(web Based) by SavageBoy: 11:41am On Feb 27, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

Even AI the same thing. People aren't getting jobs again. I follow a lot of people on LinkedIn and there's a guy I follow dude has PhD in ai from even MIT. He got laid off from Google and couldnt get a job in the 60 day h1b tenure and had to go back to his country. In his country too he has not found a job. There's no safe tech skill. If you have a foreign passport it's different than if you are from a third world country. Aside a few top tech firms, a lot of AI jobs especially in a country like the USA are government based. You would need a USA passport with security clearance to get those jobs.

So, what's your advice for newbies who are just getting started with tech?

I'm making progress in front end web dev, but something is telling me to abandon it and focus on technical writing whilst learning DSA.

I've earned considerable well with writing, earned more than $1K as a freelance writer.

Tech is beginning to lose its shiny appeal, like it used to have. Scaling and succeeding in tech is becoming increasingly difficult for we Africans.

That's why I wanna be strategic with my learning and how I direct my efforts
Re: Threads On Visa Sponsorship Job For Software Engineers(web Based) by saintelvn: 11:41am On Feb 27, 2023
I sell virtual number for the following countries

UK, USA and Canada

At a very cheaper rate

Feel free to email me and get yours

Or WhatsApp

+2 3 4 7 0 2 5 4 0 5 3 8 9

Note: No scamming, this is my business ...
Re: Threads On Visa Sponsorship Job For Software Engineers(web Based) by tensazangetsu20(m): 11:54am On Feb 27, 2023
SavageBoy:

I'm making progress in front end web dev, but something is telling me to abandon it and focus on technical writing whilst learning DSA.

I've earned considerable well with writing, earned more than $1K as a freelance writer.

Tech is beginning to lose its shiny appeal, like it used to have. Scaling and succeeding in tech is becoming increasingly difficult for we Africans.

I dont know how to advice anyone again. If technical writing is working, save up from it and run away. A lot of the problems with regards to tech for us africans are due to location. Even in the downturn, if you were in europe and had a PR, you would still get very good paying jobs.

1 Like

Re: Threads On Visa Sponsorship Job For Software Engineers(web Based) by saintelvn: 11:56am On Feb 27, 2023
SavageBoy:

Abeg how do you earn as a writer

I have applied to so many jobs and on upwork as a Email Copywriter nothing yet oooo except 5$ā˜ŗļøšŸ˜‚
Re: Threads On Visa Sponsorship Job For Software Engineers(web Based) by Codedboy95(m): 11:24pm On Feb 27, 2023
Last year February, I took relocating abroad seriously. After a lot of broken conversations with recruiters in the USA due to the fact that the companies they are recruiting for canā€™t sponsor H-1B visa, I decided to focus my energy on jobs in Germany.

Between Feb- March, I applied to about 8 - 10 jobs LinkedIn ( Germany).

4 - Ghosted me ( applied but no response)
1 - Got rejected after the home assessment
1 - Got rejected after the final stage
2 - Job Offers
2 - I Declined to move further because I had two offers.

If you are looking for a job and donā€™t mind Europe, look into Germany, there is scarcity of talent here. Also, use LinkedIn, but when you see a job posting donā€™t apply for the job on LinkedIn, search for the company on google and apply from their career page, This format worked for me all the time.

Also, update your linkedin profile and bio, At some point before I turned off ā€œlooking for jobā€ I used to get at least 2 messages per day from recruiters ( mostly in US but the problem was always visa sponsorship).

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Threads On Visa Sponsorship Job For Software Engineers(web Based) by tensazangetsu20(m): 9:14am On Feb 28, 2023
Codedboy95:
Last year February, I took relocating abroad seriously. After a lot of broken conversations with recruiters in the USA due to the fact that the companies they are recruiting for canā€™t sponsor H-1B visa, I decided to focus my energy on jobs in Germany.

Between Feb- March, I applied to about 8 - 10 jobs LinkedIn ( Germany).

4 - Ghosted me ( applied but no response)
1 - Got rejected after the home assessment
1 - Got rejected after the final stage
2 - Job Offers
2 - I Declined to move further because I had two offers.

If you are looking for a job and donā€™t mind Europe, look into Germany, there is scarcity of talent here. Also, use LinkedIn, but when you see a job posting donā€™t apply for the job on LinkedIn, search for the company on google and apply from their career page, This format worked for me all the time.

Also, update your linkedin profile and bio, At some point before I turned off ā€œlooking for jobā€ I used to get at least 2 messages per day from recruiters ( mostly in US but the problem was always visa sponsorship).

Things were still good that February. A lot of things started going bad from August ish.

1 Like

Re: Threads On Visa Sponsorship Job For Software Engineers(web Based) by chariisGRACE(m): 9:16am On Feb 28, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

Hello, Boss.
I'm a newbie in UI design. What does freelancing have to offer to for people like us?
Re: Threads On Visa Sponsorship Job For Software Engineers(web Based) by saintelvn: 9:21am On Feb 28, 2023
Hurry

Re: Threads On Visa Sponsorship Job For Software Engineers(web Based) by Codedboy95(m): 11:18am On Feb 28, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

Things were still good that February. A lot of things started going bad from August ish.
It depends on how you look at it, companies are still recruiting people. my company have hired 3 Nigerians just after I joined, one of the guys starts next month. If you go search for jobs on linkendin you will still see a lot of open positions.

1 Like

Re: Threads On Visa Sponsorship Job For Software Engineers(web Based) by worried222: 1:37pm On Feb 28, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

Greetings bro, I see you as one of the cool headed humble devs we have here.
What you said is actually whatā€™s on my mind but I have been having some kind of reservations towards this relocation route.
I have a bachelors degree in computer science and my plans is to do my masters in software engineering specifically.
The only sure country seems to be UK as Germany and Canada looks stressful especially Germany (plus the challenge of learning a new language and the fact that visa appointments dates takes longer than that of UK). Germany is cheaper though as thereā€™s no tuition fee and I think cost of living is cheaper too.
I have 2+ years of experience as a full stack web developer (frontend heavy though).
I plan to move January 2024.

Another important thing is that between now and December 2023, my current savings and future savings will be around 6m.
Will it be enough?
I am single by the way.

What do you think bro

1 Like

Re: Threads On Visa Sponsorship Job For Software Engineers(web Based) by tensazangetsu20(m): 1:42pm On Feb 28, 2023
worried222:

Greetings bro, I see you as one of the cool headed humble devs we have here.
What you said is actually whatā€™s on my mind but I have been having some kind of reservations towards this relocation route.
I have a bachelors degree in computer science and my plans is to do my masters in software engineering specifically.
The only sure country seems to be UK as Germany and Canada looks stressful especially Germany (plus the challenge of learning a new language and the fact that visa appointments dates takes longer than that of UK). Germany is cheaper though as thereā€™s no tuition fee and I think cost of living is cheaper too.
I have 2+ years of experience as a full stack web developer (frontend heavy though).
I plan to move January 2024.

Another important thing is that between now and December 2023, my current savings and future savings will be around 6m.
Will it be enough?
I am single by the way.

What do you think bro

I don't think 6 million is enough for UK. But it should be more than enough for Germany. The problem with Germany isnt even the language. Getting a German study visa now is very difficult. The wait times are like two years
Re: Threads On Visa Sponsorship Job For Software Engineers(web Based) by worried222: 1:55pm On Feb 28, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

I don't think 6 million is enough for UK. But it should be more than enough for Germany. The problem with Germany isnt even the language. Getting a German study visa now is very difficult. The wait times are like two years
Exactly bro, the wait time is three much šŸ˜‚
How much do you think should be enough for uk šŸ‡¬šŸ‡§
I get one land wey fit worth 2m, I fit sell am join.
Re: Threads On Visa Sponsorship Job For Software Engineers(web Based) by tensazangetsu20(m): 1:58pm On Feb 28, 2023
worried222:

Exactly bro, the wait time is three much šŸ˜‚
How much do you think should be enough for uk šŸ‡¬šŸ‡§
I get one land wey fit worth 2m, I fit sell am join.

I think you should be good if you can get it up to 10 million. I might be wrong but check various schools too.
Re: Threads On Visa Sponsorship Job For Software Engineers(web Based) by ajsans: 3:14pm On Feb 28, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

Why don't he go to Finland. Easy path to citizenship and cost less. University of Helsinki is there.
Re: Threads On Visa Sponsorship Job For Software Engineers(web Based) by tensazangetsu20(m): 3:18pm On Feb 28, 2023
ajsans:

Why don't he go to Finland. Easy path to citizenship and cost less. University of Helsinki is there.

Except he plans to experience the tinubu regime small. Applications for Finland are closed till next year and I don't think that 6 million reach.
Re: Threads On Visa Sponsorship Job For Software Engineers(web Based) by LikeAking: 4:05pm On Feb 28, 2023
Codedboy95:
It depends on how you look at it, companies are still recruiting people. my company have hired 3 Nigerians just after I joined, one of the guys starts next month. If you go search for jobs on linkendin you will still see a lot of open positions.

Whats ya area of specialization?
Re: Threads On Visa Sponsorship Job For Software Engineers(web Based) by ajsans: 4:11pm On Feb 28, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

Except he plans to experience the tinubu regime small. Applications for Finland are closed till next year and I don't think that 6 million reach.

You're right Finland has closed. 6 million is enough to go to Finland. Portugal and other European countries is also good but embassy is an issue.

Another easy and cheap path is Mauritius. With 2 million you go enter Mauritius. Study a course that are allows for Young Professional Occupation Permit (YPOP). Since he study computer science that's eligible. With his permit he can get residency and it will be easier to move to Canada and USA from Mauritius than Nigeria.
Re: Threads On Visa Sponsorship Job For Software Engineers(web Based) by tensazangetsu20(m): 4:12pm On Feb 28, 2023
ajsans:

You're right Finland has closed. 6 million is enough to go to Finland. Portugal and other European countries is also good but embassy is an issue.

Another easy and cheap path is Mauritius. With 2 million you go enter Mauritius. Study a course that are allows for Young Professional Occupation Permit (YPOP). Since he study computer science that's eligible. With his permit he can get residency and it will be easier to move to Canada and USA from Mauritius than Nigeria.

I can never ever in my life advise anyone to go any African country. I don't rate any African country and it's a lie about moving to usa or Canada from Mauritius. Mauritius has zero trade agreements with both countries so on what visa is he gonna move to Mauritius. Even if he stays and becomes a Mauritius citizen it will still not be easy to enter America.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Help! C++ / Please, Buddies. Where Can I Get Programming Textbooks Here In Lagos. / Web Design Training Classes: 100% Practical Training

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.