Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,410 members, 7,861,155 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 03:57 AM

The World Outside The School Wall - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The World Outside The School Wall (311 Views)

'This Is School Not Hotel, Keep Moving' Spotted On A School's Wall (Photos) / PHOTO: Snake Labeled Crocodile In A School Wall / UI Medical Students Sleepover Outside The School After Being Evicted From Hostel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The World Outside The School Wall by Lofakia(m): 12:02pm On Feb 28, 2023
The world outside the school wall

An average number of scholars exist within the academic frame of every institution in the world at elementary and higher levels. Learning never ends as we all know, but is there a right and a wrong time to do the needful? I think I have my own opinion on that likewise every other individual does. Schools were built for the sole purpose of imparting knowledge and guiding individuals through their desired career paths. Whenever one decides to take up that tasking mantle is a perfect time. Another question comes to mind and that's if; "Education is for everyone?"

Firstly, let us channel our views to our present-day Nigeria and her regular challenges as it limits the growth of education and the desire to be educated. A great percentage of persons are born with talents, abilities, and extreme levels of intelligence, they are all made to channel these resources into the school line to measure up with others in society. The family could be a facilitator of this choice, passion, and exposure of an individual can also be the brain behind the choice and so many other reasons.

Truly our society has made it tasty to be called a graduate irrespective of how well the individual can defend or protect their acquired degree. To the best of my understanding and experience for the question above, I will boldly say here that education is a choice and a function of zeal. Anyone who chooses to get educated must have taken time to build the required courage especially higher or university education. In Nigeria, a lot of young undergraduates are just visiting lecture halls other than truly studying their books. Ulterior motives occupy their thoughts keeping them up to date with fiction that is way different from what the outside world prepares for them. The choice to be educated today in Nigeria is a sight that requires an abundant glance as there are fewer opportunities for graduates same as those who didn't pass through university education. The world outside the school wall is a place where skills are appreciated and those who have acquired them get a higher chance of a livelihood.

Finally, it is advised that every promising individual gets up the academic ladder and be positioned in skills as well. The outer world has grown beyond university certificates alone, it is now a matter of what one can offer outside academics. As an aspiring individual looking forward to gaining admission into the university, an undergraduate or graduate, there is more to do than what has already been done. Fix yourself up for a good skill and make the most out of life. Good luck.

Feel free to to visit: www.realmina.com for amazing educational articles.

(1) (Reply)

Uk Admissions.... University Of Bradford / German Learners In Nigeria / Experience writers needed only

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.