Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,946 members, 7,845,032 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 11:34 AM

How Can Financial Literacy Among Young People Help Change The Country’s Economy? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Can Financial Literacy Among Young People Help Change The Country’s Economy? (187 Views)

Do People Help People Build Profitable Business In Nigeria? / Why Are Young People In Nigeria Going Into Online Business? - See Reasons / Top Online Business That Has Made Most Young People Millionaires In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Can Financial Literacy Among Young People Help Change The Country’s Economy? by dolapolawrence: 2:09pm On Feb 28, 2023
Most people have little understanding of finances. Our rapidly changing world has caused difficulty in developing, implementing and following a financial plan hence the growing need for financial literacy.

Financial literacy is the knowledge necessary to make critical financial decisions and the ability to create, manage and multiply money. I was excited to get the opportunity to be a part of QNET’s FinGreen training programme. The initiative aimed to train 6,000 young Nigerians on financial literacy skills to become community ambassadors and change agents.

The training was eye-opening and had four modules: Mindset, Entrepreneurship/ Employability skills, Identifying frauds and Financial Literacy skills. It was the first time I became exposed to how financially literate people think and interact with money. I learnt how to make sound financial decisions using tools like budgeting, develop entrepreneurial skills and avoid financial fraud.
As a result of the training, I decided to become an entrepreneur who solves problems which lead to a ripple effect.

The bottom line is that improving financial literacy will highly impact the country's economy. Young people will become more productive in society by solving problems. They'll take calculated risks, create lucrative businesses, increase job opportunities and increase the country's revenue.

Suppose you want to learn more or get involved in FinGreen. In that case, you should visit this link https://www.qnetafrique.com/en/rythm-en/fingreen-financial-literacy/

5 Likes

(1) (Reply)

How To Create and Publish A Book On Amazon KDP 2023, Complete Step-by-step Guide / Powerful 5•5kw Honda Generator For Sale / Needs Just 1 Serious Partner That Can Invest 65k With Good Return.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.