Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,141 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:05 AM

Osunonline.org: Nysc Project To Showcase Osun State's Rich Culture - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Osunonline.org: Nysc Project To Showcase Osun State's Rich Culture (1221 Views)

Corper Impregnated By JSS2 Student In Osun State (Snapshot) / Osun State Batch A15. Let's Me Here. / Need Idea On A Project To Carry Out (nysc-cds) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Osunonline.org: Nysc Project To Showcase Osun State's Rich Culture by Drlumi: 7:48pm On Sep 13, 2011
Hi everyone.

I would like you to view this website: www.osunonline.org. It is a part of my personal NYSC CDS project and is meant to showcase the rich culture and tourism potentials that Osun State presents. I believe that as Nigerians, we can not truly re-brand ourselves until we understand and appreciate our own heritage and can showcase the gifts nature has endowed us with to the world. I would appreciate comments (constructive ones), observations and praises smiley. Thanks.
Re: Osunonline.org: Nysc Project To Showcase Osun State's Rich Culture by joomlaman(m): 7:01am On Sep 14, 2011
Well done! U try no bi small.
Wishing you a successful service YEAR.
Re: Osunonline.org: Nysc Project To Showcase Osun State's Rich Culture by Drlumi: 7:45am On Sep 14, 2011
joomlaman:

Well done! U try no bi small.
Wishing you a successful service YEAR.

Thanks.
Re: Osunonline.org: Nysc Project To Showcase Osun State's Rich Culture by adey4real: 9:44am On Sep 14, 2011
Great Job. I love the color control.
Re: Osunonline.org: Nysc Project To Showcase Osun State's Rich Culture by yawatide(f): 12:24pm On Sep 14, 2011
Wow! I didn't know part of Osun's rich culture included roasted corn tongue

On a serious note, it looks good. It could use a few changes here and there but overall, it's good. Your next step should be to do what that guy who did something similar for CRS did - introduce it to the state government and see if they can actually pay you to keep it going beyond your NYSC years. State governments need more of this. I am liking the pictures on there. These are the kinds of things that would make me want to visit Osun.

On a more serious note, I would hope that the powers that be in the FG are seeing a site like this. It is a shame that whereas some state governments have good sites, same can't be said of the FG. Again, hopefully the SSA on IT can encourage talent and decrease unemployment at the same time by sourcing out people like you to help improve their image online.

Good luck!
Re: Osunonline.org: Nysc Project To Showcase Osun State's Rich Culture by Slyr0x: 4:51pm On Sep 14, 2011
Woooow. .iLove this. .
Re: Osunonline.org: Nysc Project To Showcase Osun State's Rich Culture by Drlumi: 5:18pm On Sep 14, 2011
yawa-ti-de:

Wow! I didn't know part of Osun's rich culture included roasted corn tongue

grin grin grin

yawa-ti-de:

On a serious note, it looks good.  It could use a few changes here and there but overall, it's good.  Your next step should be to do what that guy who did something similar for CRS did - introduce it to the state government and see if they can actually pay you to keep it going beyond your NYSC years.  State governments need more of this.  I am liking the pictures on there.  These are the kinds of things that would make me want to visit Osun.

I am working on that. Actually, the Commissioner for Tourism and Culture seems to like the idea and he has been very encouraging. There is nothing solid yet, though.

yawa-ti-de:

On a more serious note, I would hope that the powers that be in the FG are seeing a site like this.  It is a shame that whereas some state governments have good sites, same can't be said of the FG.  Again, hopefully the SSA on IT can encourage talent and decrease unemployment at the same time by sourcing out people like you to help improve their image online.

I hope so o. If they could just give me the mandate to promote Nigeria's culture and tourism potentials on the web (and provide all I need), they would be surprised at the result within six months. Everyone would be visiting Nigeria, in spite of Boko Haram smiley

Thanks!
Re: Osunonline.org: Nysc Project To Showcase Osun State's Rich Culture by yawatide(f): 6:14pm On Sep 14, 2011
Very well then.

I hope the government hook up works for you because I know what your main problem will be - keeping the site current and maintenance. Both cost time and money and you, as an individual, no matter how saintly you are, can only go but so far with your volunteerism. I speak from experience wink

Good luck!

(1) (Reply)

Nysc:batch A(2013) Corp Members Posted To Katsina State...let's Meet Here! / Service Year For Graduates Of Health Related Courses / Protest In NYSC Orientation Camp Kubwa Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.