Stats: 3,161,263 members, 7,846,227 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 12:26 PM

Is My Money Safe In Opay Account? - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Is My Money Safe In Opay Account? (11520 Views)

FORGOT My Opay Password Recover Opay Account / Opay Account Hacked / Invest In Opay Okada Rides For Just A Token Of #100 (2) (3) (4)

Is My Money Safe In Opay Account? by kayteajay111(m): 8:02am On Mar 02, 2023
Good day house.
Please, I don't really trust Opay banking as they don't have physical banks or offices around the towns.
I was introduced to it by a friend last week, the way they work, daily interest rate and when making transaction on it as they don't deduct money like other banks.
I'm enjoying the system and I even transferred my money from other bank to my Opay account for daily interest and easy transfers including recharging of my phone.
But I'm still very afraid if my money is safe or not, because if my balance is taken away or I have any problem with the account, where will I go to complain?
I want old users and those who confide in using the mobile account operation to shield more light on it for me based on advantages and disadvantages of it.

Re: Is My Money Safe In Opay Account? by Mrregistration: 8:03am On Mar 02, 2023
I have bn using it since last year and it has been awesome. Especially in this time of cashless policy. Their network is fast and zero charges. I don't put all my money in the app though because I don't want to hear story that touches heart.

Re: Is My Money Safe In Opay Account? by visaclick: 8:07am On Mar 02, 2023
same decision i am trying to make with palmpay. their services is top notch and always delivering good services without unnecessary fee charges. And on launch on the app it says they are cbn licensed but I’m scared to put millions inside it because the only authentication is my phone number which i am paranoid it can easily be manipulated but overall their services are okay but the physical branch thing is still my fear.

But then again those zenith and uba costumers whose money got wiped out witho refunds their branches couldn’t do anything about it either.

Re: Is My Money Safe In Opay Account? by visaclick: 8:09am On Mar 02, 2023
Mrregistration:
I have bn using it since last year and it has been awesome. Especially in this time of cashless policy. Their network is fast and zero charges. I don't put all my money in the app though because I don't want to hear story that touches heart.

if these online banks can fund a way to alleviate the fears of their costumers with some kind of issurance people will port to the and be done with those blood suckers called banks.

Re: Is My Money Safe In Opay Account? by kayteajay111(m): 8:09am On Mar 02, 2023
Thanks, okay
Re: Is My Money Safe In Opay Account? by Weezyclan(m): 8:22am On Mar 02, 2023
Be careful with these online apps, don't link your bank card to it, they have access to withdraw your money without your permission just as Palmpay did last year December and lied they know nothing about it.

Re: Is My Money Safe In Opay Account? by ojun50(m): 8:23am On Mar 02, 2023
Advice
Don't put all your money there, they too are following the CBN policy.
Re: Is My Money Safe In Opay Account? by Solofresh2: 8:35am On Mar 02, 2023
Never trust any online bank with no physical settlement.The they hackers get hold of their account,it won't be funny ooo
Re: Is My Money Safe In Opay Account? by damosade(m): 8:45am On Mar 02, 2023
Op, you dont have any cause to fear. Opay, Kuda, Palmpay , moniepoint are few fintech companies licensed by Cbn and NDIC (Nigeria Deposit Insurance corporation). That means your money is well secured as the same as conventional banks. Banking and offices are now beyond physical structure, even your complaints, your requests at the banks are now being done centrally not at the supposed branch. Fintech infrastructure are cloud based that is the reason you are experiencing fast transactions this period of high traffic unlike commercial banks that needs to buy new physical infrastructure for every surge in traffic. You can as well get in touch with their customer service for swift response. So Fintech is here to stay to show us new, simplex and right way of banking without boarder.

Re: Is My Money Safe In Opay Account? by kayteajay111(m): 4:10pm On Mar 02, 2023
Anyway
Re: Is My Money Safe In Opay Account? by spicy007(f): 6:10pm On Mar 12, 2023
kayteajay111:
Good day house.
Please, I don't really trust Opay banking as they don't have physical banks or offices around the towns.
I was introduced to it by a friend last week, the way they work, daily interest rate and when making transaction on it as they don't deduct money like other banks.
I'm enjoying the system and I even transferred my money from other bank to my Opay account for daily interest and easy transfers including recharging of my phone.
But I'm still very afraid if my money is safe or not, because if my balance is taken away or I have any problem with the account, where will I go to complain?
I want old users and those who confide in using the mobile account operation to shield more light on it for me based on advantages and disadvantages of it.

I found this online. They have several OPay relationship centres. You can visit the closest one to you for confirmation and comfort. Ultimately nothing is fail proof, not even brick and mortar banks so the final decision is yours to make. I joined them 2 days ago when i felt comfortable enough after extensive research and consultation from my peers and senior colleagues in the finance industry. Hope this helps
https://nigerianfinder.com/opay-offices-in-nigeria-contact-details/
Re: Is My Money Safe In Opay Account? by Oyindamolah: 6:20pm On Mar 12, 2023
Get a mini POS and make life easy. Even drivers have POS
Re: Is My Money Safe In Opay Account? by Fgwa: 2:05pm On Mar 27, 2023
kayteajay111:
Good day house.

Opay head office is in utako Abuja, while another branch is at banex

Re: Is My Money Safe In Opay Account? by yemi1504: 8:15pm On Jul 03, 2023
visaclick:
if these online banks can fund a way to alleviate the fears of their costumers with some kind of issurance people will port to the and be done with those blood suckers called banks.

Abi
Re: Is My Money Safe In Opay Account? by yemi1504: 8:16pm On Jul 03, 2023
Fgwa:

Opay head office is in utako Abuja, while another branch is at banex

So they have a physical office? That is good o if true!
Re: Is My Money Safe In Opay Account? by Fgwa: 2:43pm On Jul 06, 2023
yemi1504:

So they have a physical office? That is good o if true!
Yes they have. Their customer care is more stronger than our commercial banks.

Re: Is My Money Safe In Opay Account? by yemi1504: 2:51pm On Jul 06, 2023
Fgwa:

Re: Is My Money Safe In Opay Account? by RealEzee(m): 6:18pm On Jul 08, 2023
Fgwa:

exactly

I have not had a bad experience since opening Opay acct,for me oo its opay,palmpay,fairmoney ,my Fcmb shaaaaaa it has become decor on my phone

Re: Is My Money Safe In Opay Account? by bluefilm: 1:11pm On Sep 30, 2023
For me, there are only two banks in Nigeria

Opay and the rest.

Case closed.

Nigeria’s Stocks Among World’s Best-performers In 4 Months – Bloomberg / Tips On Saving For Investment / Let Your Money Work For You Guaranty 30 Percent Par Month