Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,237 members, 7,818,795 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:03 AM

ADWA VICTORY: Threatened To Be Celebrated In Ethiopia Today - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / ADWA VICTORY: Threatened To Be Celebrated In Ethiopia Today (201 Views)

Have You Ever Been Threatened Before? Share Your Experiences / Ethiopian Empress Taytu Betul And Her Role At The Battle At Adwa 126 Years Ago / What Is Really Happening In Ethiopia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

ADWA VICTORY: Threatened To Be Celebrated In Ethiopia Today by ednited(f): 9:29am On Mar 02, 2023
Today March 02, marks the 127th victory of Adwa where Ethiopians celebrate their win against Italian armies. This day is seen as a victory to the entire black community and any of those targeted for colonialism. Emperor Menelik and Empress Tayitu along with brave patriots as Ras Alula Aba Nega and Dejazmach Balcha Safo fought the Italians with passion to protect Ethiopia from colonialism. This day was celebrated in Addis Ababa near the statue of Emperor Menelik but today, the Ethiopian government chose to occupy the area with armed forces to prevent the celebration of the victory.

Clothes or any objects with green, yellow and red colors of Ethiopian flag were not allowed to be sold. Sellers of these were held in jail while some were even beaten up. Addis Ababa youths that were capable of celebrating the day with the people were also arrested for no reason.

TV stations are warned to not mention the name of the Emperor and Empress for the victory

The victory was celebrated today by the wish of the government with military jets having the emperor and empress contribution excluded

The famous Ethiopian singer Tewodros Kassahun had condemned the act of the government and called for the people of Ethiopia to celebrate this day today thinking that Ethiopia is in a serious situation and the current generation has to understand a big responsibility is held by them to help the country survive.

The following is the song of Tewodros Kassahun made in the memory of the Ethiopian patriots years back

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKrw9LIkAeU
Re: ADWA VICTORY: Threatened To Be Celebrated In Ethiopia Today by ednited(f): 9:31am On Mar 02, 2023
Meanwhile, it has been celebrated like this in London

https://youtube.com/shorts/poKrDyxuMw4?feature=share
Re: ADWA VICTORY: Threatened To Be Celebrated In Ethiopia Today by ednited(f): 9:34am On Mar 02, 2023
This is how people of Addis Ababa are blocked to celebrate the victory today

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CpRpY-Fjuny/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
Re: ADWA VICTORY: Threatened To Be Celebrated In Ethiopia Today by ednited(f): 9:47am On Mar 02, 2023
robosky02, robo please help me spread the news by mentioning many of your freinds here? The international and local media is going silent with all that has been happening here. I am trying to spread it however I can.
Re: ADWA VICTORY: Threatened To Be Celebrated In Ethiopia Today by ednited(f): 9:54am On Mar 02, 2023
Ethiopian artists were given instructions on how to celebrate the day but they refused. Then the TV channels got restricted to air the celebration by the artists

Ethiopian embassies were warned to not mention the name of the Emperor and Empress about the victory too

Kazikazi, look where this is all going. . .
Please mention your friends name here so people could be informed on this?
Re: ADWA VICTORY: Threatened To Be Celebrated In Ethiopia Today by ednited(f): 9:59am On Mar 02, 2023
Re: ADWA VICTORY: Threatened To Be Celebrated In Ethiopia Today by robosky02(m): 1:21pm On Mar 02, 2023
ednited:
robosky02, robo please help me spread the news by mentioning many of your freinds here? The international and local media is going silent with all that has been happening here. I am trying to spread it however I can.

Ok

(1) (Reply)

5 Factors That Helped Tinubu Win Presidential Election / Don't Wait, Start Today.... / Converting Inches To Centimeters: A Necessity Explained

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.