Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,942 members, 7,817,765 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:57 PM

All Things Solar System - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / All Things Solar System (250 Views)

5kva Complete Solar System / 7.5kva Inverter And Solar System / Complete 500w Solar System For Your 2bedroom Flat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

All Things Solar System by DJInfluence: 12:44pm On Mar 03, 2023
If these topics have been deelt with elsewhere please show me where as I couldn't find a solar system dedicated thread using the search option.

Am thinking of getting a future proof solar system. By future proof, I mean starts with a few panels and batteries, then expand based on my need and disposable income. So I've some questions I need help with. The only constant thing IMO is the inverter to use. I want an inverter that I can use with the expansion so I don't have to buy a new one.

What's the actual advantage(s) of having a 24v Vs 48v hybrid inverter?

Is a 5kwa hybrid inverter reasonable for home use (I read someone that it needs 12-13 panels to fully take advantage of it. My issue is, I do not want to put that much load on my house roof. With the rate at which houses are collapsing). Am thinking a max of 6-8 panels. Knowing this am I better off with a 3kwa inverter? Note, am not a fan of load shedding, the exception being not using the AC and fridge at the same time every other appliances in the house should be available to be use at the same time without fear of having issues.

What's the max quantity of batteries that can be used with either a 3Kwa and 5Kwa inverter? Remember I said I would like to expand in future and would prefer not buying a new inverter but use the same I got from the start.

What's the best average way to calculate the loads of appliances (fridge, AC units, lights etc)?
Re: All Things Solar System by DJInfluence: 1:39pm On Mar 03, 2023
Follow-up question, is it really true that the India manufactured inverters are better than the Chinese ones or is this a myth?
Re: All Things Solar System by Freeme707: 12:13am On Apr 02, 2023
Hi DJ Influence,

I decided to start a google form on this as I noticed people want help/ education on fulfilling their solar needs, just to make things easier and match people with someone that can answer them. If you fill out the form below, I’ll send it to one of my electrical engineer friends and they’ll get back to you.

https://forms.gle/7xq2hnHc5JEcDsraA

DJInfluence:
If these topics have been deelt with elsewhere please show me where as I couldn't find a solar system dedicated thread using the search option.

Am thinking of getting a future proof solar system. By future proof, I mean starts with a few panels and batteries, then expand based on my need and disposable income. So I've some questions I need help with. The only constant thing IMO is the inverter to use. I want an inverter that I can use with the expansion so I don't have to buy a new one.

What's the actual advantage(s) of having a 24v Vs 48v hybrid inverter?

Is a 5kwa hybrid inverter reasonable for home use (I read someone that it needs 12-13 panels to fully take advantage of it. My issue is, I do not want to put that much load on my house roof. With the rate at which houses are collapsing). Am thinking a max of 6-8 panels. Knowing this am I better off with a 3kwa inverter? Note, am not a fan of load shedding, the exception being not using the AC and fridge at the same time every other appliances in the house should be available to be use at the same time without fear of having issues.

What's the max quantity of batteries that can be used with either a 3Kwa and 5Kwa inverter? Remember I said I would like to expand in future and would prefer not buying a new inverter but use the same I got from the start.

What's the best average way to calculate the loads of appliances (fridge, AC units, lights etc)?

(1) (Reply)

Cheap Land For Sale At Ekoro Lagos. / Shower Enclosures Near Me / Affordable Waterfront Land In Epe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.