Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,038 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:24 AM

The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved (55193 Views)

World’s Rarest Passport That's Held By Only 500 People Is Over 900 Yrs Old (Pix) / Abroad People How Often Do You Eat Nigeria Foods / Toll Gates In Dubai: See What Can Be Achieved With Technology (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by OChimex: 11:57pm On Mar 09, 2023
Kingofmykingdom:

I make more than that legally

😂 Oga make I hear word. Story, story, story.

You make more than what?

1 Like

Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by okuta007: 11:57pm On Mar 09, 2023
SocialJustice:
Ask questions instead of talking like this. I haven't left Nigeria but when I do, I'll attain at least £1m networth of 5 years in the UK, it could balloon all the way to £10m in 5 years.

Ask questions.

you can make £200m in 1 year - just keep dreaming - anuofia 😆

3 Likes

Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by 3nity7: 11:57pm On Mar 09, 2023
JeffreyJunior:
The aim was not to reveal but to help the brother who said he had 10k savings or so.

If he focuses on me and not my advice on how he can advance with that saved amount, then he will be a fool.

Thanks by the way for your advice. Notes taken.
please I want to learn somethings from you.
Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by EvangDrGeo: 11:57pm On Mar 09, 2023
OgaTheTop2:
Yeah, I understand. But that Irumole OP can lie and fabricate stories. That's not fair. I have been in US for like six years now. I only started my business four years and I am more than comfortable and satisfied. Yeah, it's not easy but If it doesn't work for you don't mean it won't work for others. Peace smiley

I am a Medical Doctor here in Nigeria. I am 40 years on the dot and I have been working for 10 years here in Nigeria.

How can you help me relocate? I can work and pay back all that you may spend outside my own funds I have saved here.

Everyone here is dependent on me and they all think I am rich because of the Doctor title. It's not so easy for me.

Kindly help me.. I have a daughter but I am still single.

4 Likes

Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by kroger: 12:01am On Mar 10, 2023
Kingofmykingdom:

I will reply you with my story and how I started. I'm driving now.

Will be expectant. Thanks
Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by grandstar(m): 12:05am On Mar 10, 2023
irumole1975:
Seriously, I've stopped reading the hype of these guys abroad because they're making some of us feel less achieved.

One was talking about a project of #250M hotel completed in Nigeria and I don't even know if na this same abroad I dey with them too. Also talked about him being here for just two years or so and he's bought a condo home, build many hostels for student in Nigeria and on his way to complete a #250Million hotel in Nigeria also.

I been here in this abroad and I can't even boast of $10k USD. It's well Sha. I just hope they're not lying with all these things they're saying.

What you are lacking is financial literacy and that's what the "Rich Dad, Poor Dad" series tries to teach you.

You're thinking strictly on a 9-5 level. You work hard for money. Financial literacy teaches how to make money work hard for you.

3 Likes

Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by Nobody: 12:06am On Mar 10, 2023
MeezPat:
Bros abeg you dey hire from Nigeria

There is no shortage of CDL A drivers.
Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by visaclick: 12:06am On Mar 10, 2023
CHAI SEE AS MEN DEY MENTION MONEY LIKE NTA NEWS WEY WE DEY SAPA BACK HERE. I M A STRUCTURAL ENGINEER OOOOOOOH ABEG FOR YOUR BUILDING DESIGN AND CONSTRUCTION PLS REACH OUT TO YOUR BOY OO 😀😀 THE REASON WE NO MOVE NA SO WE CAN BE HERE FOR YOU GUYS TO RELY ON AND BUIL WEALTH BACK HOME

All the figures mentioned here are very correct, sometimes last year i worked for a guy who’s into cybersecurity omg the kindda of structure i designed for that guy, the amount he paid me, even the upfront money first made me start thinking if i should just ask him to teach me his job so i can just forget my current sapa work 🤣🤣🤣

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by LastProphet: 12:06am On Mar 10, 2023
Kingofmykingdom:

Depending the make, model and year. I have fleets ( 12 tractor and trailer) Depending if you are buying new, auction or used) Mine cost me $120k for the tractor and $50k for dry van and $80k for reefer and flatbed is cheap.

Average if your are buying from auction you can get the tractor (semi) from $50k and if you are buying from dealers you will get from $70k+and if you order you will get from $120k+ just the semi.

Volvo is the most expensive
Freightliner, Peterblit, international and Mack

Wow you are vast, but what are the pitfalls to avoid in the biz? Are all the models of same reliability? Any states to avoid? Heard Mexicans control the biz and that you don't mess with them

3 Likes

Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by grandstar(m): 12:11am On Mar 10, 2023
Failure2019:
Trade day pay big time abroad

My guy way be plumber for Strasbourg day cash out £80,000 per week

How

When he isn't Mikel Obi

3 Likes

Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by grandstar(m): 12:14am On Mar 10, 2023
franchasofficia:
You are revealing too much in an open forum, learn to keep some things to yourself angry

He is doing a great job. The Indian help themselves and that's why their doing so great.

6 Likes

Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by justtruth88miSt(f): 12:14am On Mar 10, 2023
irumole1975:
Seriously, I've stopped reading the hype of these guys abroad because they're making some of us feel less achieved.

One was talking about a project of #250M hotel completed in Nigeria and I don't even know if na this same abroad I dey with them too. Also talked about him being here for just two years or so and he's bought a condo home, build many hostels for student in Nigeria and on his way to complete a #250Million hotel in Nigeria also.

I been here in this abroad and I can't even boast of $10k USD. It's well Sha. I just hope they're not lying with all these things they're saying.

U r not in abroad ooo

1 Like

Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by grandstar(m): 12:17am On Mar 10, 2023
SocialJustice:
Ask questions instead of talking like this. I haven't left Nigeria but when I do, I'll attain at least £1m networth of 5 years in the UK, it could balloon all the way to £10m in 5 years.

Ask questions.

UK no easy like that!

1 Like

Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by NaBanga: 12:20am On Mar 10, 2023
Drugs, Yahoo and prostitution are the top earning jobs in obodo oyibo for Nigerians. If you are working a regular job, just forget the stories.

4 Likes

Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by cococandy(f): 12:23am On Mar 10, 2023
Failure2019:
Trade day pay big time abroad

My guy way be plumber for Strasbourg day cash out £80,000 per week
🫢
Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by cococandy(f): 12:24am On Mar 10, 2023
Period!

👌🏽
JeffreyJunior:
Though some may be boasting but to raise 250m in naira is not hard for a real estate investor in US.

I believe so much in real estate investment and my new focus is on smaller cities with good prospects.

A lot of guys in the States especially Anambra boys are into real estate and they flip homes all the time which is how some of them get legit money to oppress people back home. cheesy

Don't hit yourself too hard, save another 10k making your savings 20k, use it as down payment to buy a home in a small city near you. Don't buy single family home, buy multi family so you can easily rent it out.

The rent you collect will pay the monthly mortgage and still give you some change. Don't use first time home buyer credit because IRS will make you pay it back oo.

After paying the mortgage for two years, buy a second multi family home and grow from there.

Don't worry about the IRS and rental income taxes because you can write them off as expenses when you file your tax return.

The first move to escape low class in the States is to buy a home because paying mortgage is like putting money into your own bank unlike paying rent.

Shalom.

1 Like

Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by grandstar(m): 12:25am On Mar 10, 2023
Emetex22:

7000 USD is too small for monthly na, I am a Registered Nurse here in California and sometimes makes 5-6 K weekly and even more with over time payments. US depends on how u plan ur self, start little but keep aspiring for better career.

My younger brother is a Certified Nurse Anesthetist in Calufornia. The guy has money but he is coded.

I initially thought he was a doctor but later discovered he was a nurse. I was looking down at him not knowing his salary for a month was more than my income last year in Nigeria. grin cheesy grin

5 Likes

Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by cococandy(f): 12:29am On Mar 10, 2023
Emetex22:

7000 USD is too small for monthly na, I am a Registered Nurse here in California and sometimes makes 5-6 K weekly and even more with over time payments. US depends on how u plan ur self, start little but keep aspiring for better career.

Are you in NorCal?
Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by Nobody: 12:30am On Mar 10, 2023
Wait o, what am I seeing in that comment secdit? I thought people make $1M monthly in this abroad. Someone come and clear me pls. 1stGenAmerican Bigdawsnet
Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by cococandy(f): 12:31am On Mar 10, 2023
grandstar:

My younger brother is a Certified Nurse Anesthetist in Calufornia. The guy has money but he is coded.

I initially thought he was a doctor but later discovered he was a nurse. I was looking down at him not knowing his salary for a month was more than my income last year in Nigeria. grin cheesy grin

CRNAs make more than RNs sha. But California nurses are lucky because of the strong unions, the difference isn’t a lot and if they work a little overtime they can easily make up the difference.

But in most other states, RN might make much less than CRNAs. So a CRNA isn’t making regular RN pay

2 Likes

Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by Chigorkizz(m): 12:31am On Mar 10, 2023
Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by Nobody: 12:33am On Mar 10, 2023
Kingofmykingdom:

I’ve been here in US for 3 years and will be 4 years next year June and I make more than $700k annually.2022 I made $988k

Can you give me $200?

8 Likes

Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by okonja(m): 12:34am On Mar 10, 2023
Moh247:

Living off loans is very risky.. say you are an IT guy with $3,307 to $7000 paycheck after fed and state tax, your Credit score is 700.

If you pay $2000 rent, car insurance, phone and other bills .. how then will you comfortably save to have a 350k hotel in Nigeria, with hostels here and there

Why will you stay in the highbrow areas of the city to be spending that much on rent when you can stay where's cheap and continue your WFH quietly.

For example, “You can't be coming to Nigeria as a first-timer without much budget and decide to go stay in Lagos/Abuja when there's Osun and Niger state with low cost of living.”

I live in the UK and what I pay in rent for a 3-bedroom flat where I stay won't get me a room in a shared apartment in London. It's all about planning and discipline with finances.

Furthermore, I don't say that some of them might be into a scam to meet up with their frivolous lifestyle but if he's into IT, the chances of making good earnings are higher coupled with the western world enabling environment will make you look like a ritualist to the public.
Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by grandstar(m): 12:36am On Mar 10, 2023
cococandy:

CRNAs make more than RNs sha. But California nurses are lucky because of the strong unions, the difference isn’t a lot and if they work a little overtime they can easily make up the difference.

But in most other states, RN might make much less than CRNAs. So a CRNA isn’t making regular RN pay

Thank you coco

1 Like

Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by emmaodet: 12:37am On Mar 10, 2023
fashrola:

Abeg dey lie small small lol

grin grin
Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by Nobody: 12:38am On Mar 10, 2023
LastProphet:

Wow you are vast, but what are the pitfalls to avoid in the biz? Are all the models of same reliability? Any states to avoid? Heard Mexicans control the biz and that you don't mess with them

Nobody, group or race controls the business but Whites are majority in trucking. The owned 80% of trucking business in US.

I have Mexican drivers, white and blacks. I will reply you here on what to avoid in this business

5 Likes

Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by poseidon12: 12:43am On Mar 10, 2023
irumole1975:

Some are lying. The ones that are not lying are obviously on the fast lane ( crime).

1 Like

Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by InvertedHammer: 12:43am On Mar 10, 2023
irumole1975:

/
Why do you care about another man's race?

Na person wey dey overspeed dey get fatal accident.

/

2 Likes

Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by poseidon12: 12:45am On Mar 10, 2023
OgaTheTop2:
Irumole grin So, you had to create a thread because of my jeje submission on another thread cheesy

250milla is just about $350k. So, that's too much for you to achieve in US within 4 years. Well, we don't do same job. One thing I will say, you will never know what you can achieve if you don't try. And please, do not take me out of contest cheesy Go back and read my post very well cheesy

All I will say to you is that crime does not pay in the long run.

1 Like

Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by MasterTeeUSA: 12:46am On Mar 10, 2023
I love people that can Maths....I am US based and I cant cook up those numbers hahaha....the food wont be eatable.

onegig:

I always like to do the maths.
N250,000,000/750=$330,000.
That's at 750 naira exchange rate

That's $330k net in 2 years i.e earning average of $14,000 per month. To earn $330k in 2 years you must earn net of $167,000 or gross of $260,000 per year. That's average of $125 per hour working 8hours per day non stop for 2 years. Let's even assume they do two jobs i.e 16 hours per day. That's $62.5 per hour. I can't wrap my head around two jobs that pay $62.5per hour that you can do consistently for two years without issue and not have mental breakdown.

Let's assume it's a 2 income home. That's $130k for each partner. Seems doable with two incomes without any SPENDINGS. And you stated that's not the only project they have.

Except that friend of yours and their spouse works in IT or Health or sales where they net $300k yearly then i call bullshit at their stories except they have other incomes they have not yet disclosed to you. Maybe import cars? Even that isn't profitable given the inflation in the west in the last 2 years due to covid. That friend is into fraud or is absolutely lying.

Edited. Just read the submission of others on the thread.

So take loans at what interest rates? 4.75%? Maybe 2 years ago when it was 0.25% i can understand. It was like free money but the cash flow doesn't even make sense. From a finance perspective that person would have to invest in Nigeria and make money in Naira to pay back such loans. Or probably they have it for long term and intend to use their US earnings to pay such loans back. Extremely risky but if you don't take risks. You can't earn. No one should try this at home.

4 Likes

Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by poseidon12: 12:46am On Mar 10, 2023
OgaTheTop2:
If you dey US and you have good credit scores, then the sky is your limit cheesy

Yeah right. Easier said than done.

5 Likes

Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by LastProphet: 12:48am On Mar 10, 2023
Kingofmykingdom:

Nobody, group or race controls the business but Whites are majority in trucking. The owned 80% of trucking business in US.

I have Mexican drivers, white and blacks. I will reply you here on what to avoid in this business

Hmm, my Mexican friend doesn't even know what you know

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply)

Trailer Loses Control, Crushes A Bus Along Apapa-Oshodi Expressway (Graphic Pics / How People Traveled To Onitsha Before The Construction Of The Niger Bridge / Agbero Train Ride In Brazil (pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.