Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,359 members, 7,864,678 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 12:05 AM

Jollof Rice And Juju: Finding Your Purpose In The Lagos Hustle - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Jollof Rice And Juju: Finding Your Purpose In The Lagos Hustle (339 Views)

My Husband’s “runs Girl” Used Juju On Him; Wife Of Defunct Skye Bank Chairman / Friday Fried Rice And Peppered Chicken With Step By Step Pics / Naija Women And Juju - Shola Jordan Adeoye Oh Lord This Man Is The TRUTH!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jollof Rice And Juju: Finding Your Purpose In The Lagos Hustle by OlamideOwoeye(f): 5:42am On Mar 06, 2023
Picture this: You're stuck in Lagos traffic, horns blaring, danfo drivers swerving, and you're late for your meeting. You're thinking, "What's the point of all this? Why am I even here?" Well, my friend, great minds have a purpose while others have a wish. And if you don't find your purpose, you'll end up like a yam without salt - bland and unfulfilling.

So, let's talk about purpose. It's like finding your jollof rice in a sea of plain white rice. It's not easy, but when you do find it, it's oh-so-satisfying. Start by asking yourself, "What am I passionate about? What makes me feel alive?" If the answer is "jollof rice," well, that's a good start, but let's dig deeper.

Next, find a mentor or coach who can help guide you towards your purpose. Think of them like your own personal Obi-Wan Kenobi, helping you navigate the ups and downs of life like a boss. And if you're feeling really lost, try a little Nigerian-style juju. Bust out your cowrie shells or consult your babalawo and see what the spirits have to say.

Finally, engage in activities that promote self-discovery and personal growth. Maybe it's taking a dance class, learning a new language, or travelling to a new place. You never know what you'll discover about yourself when you step out of your comfort zone.

Now, you might be thinking, "Okay, but what does purpose have to do with mental health?" Well, as Rodello's Machine sings in "The World Inside":

"Where there's purpose, there's no fear The road ahead is always clear Find your path, it's not too late The world inside is what we make"

Having a sense of purpose is like having a secret weapon against mental health issues. It's like having an extra plate of eba and soup when you're feeling down - it's comforting and it nourishes your soul. So don't be afraid to unleash your inner warrior and discover your purpose. Who knows? You might just find the missing piece to your jigsaw puzzle of life.

We don reach last bus-stop.

2 Likes

Re: Jollof Rice And Juju: Finding Your Purpose In The Lagos Hustle by TripleA9: 4:43pm On Mar 06, 2023
Nice... I like your write up, especially the beginning and the ending parts grin. It is easily relatable. More ink to your pen.

1 Like

Re: Jollof Rice And Juju: Finding Your Purpose In The Lagos Hustle by FriendsAndFans(m): 4:49pm On Mar 06, 2023
mentor or coach who can help guide you towards your purpose

IF you get anyone that wants to be your mentor you are lucky. people think its a pre-billing plan

1 Like

Re: Jollof Rice And Juju: Finding Your Purpose In The Lagos Hustle by OlamideOwoeye(f): 7:12pm On Mar 06, 2023
TripleA9:
Nice... I like your write up, especially the beginning and the ending parts grin. It is easily relatable. More ink to your pen.

Thank you for your kind words and encouragement - I'll definitely keep the ink flowing!

1 Like

Re: Jollof Rice And Juju: Finding Your Purpose In The Lagos Hustle by OlamideOwoeye(f): 7:15pm On Mar 06, 2023
FriendsAndFans:
mentor or coach who can help guide you towards your purpose

IF you get anyone that wants to be your mentor you are lucky. people think its a pre-billing plan

Thank you for your comment! It's true that having a good mentor can be incredibly helpful in finding and pursuing your purpose. Unfortunately, some people do view mentorship as a billing opportunity rather than a genuine desire to help others.

Have you had experience working with a mentor or coach before? If so, how did it go? If not, what kind of guidance or support do you think would be most helpful for you in achieving your goals?

I appreciate your input and would love to hear more about your perspective on mentorship.

(1) (Reply)

Pls Someone Should Help Me Out In The Name Of God / Relocation Sales!!! PORTHARCOURT / Playing The Role Of Big Sis & First Born.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.