Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,785 members, 7,851,657 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 03:49 AM

As An IT Support Staff, What Course Can One Study Online - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / As An IT Support Staff, What Course Can One Study Online (13077 Views)

What Course Did You Study And What Do You Do Currently? / Remote Job: Please Which Online Course Can Get Me Good Remote Job? / INEC Recruitment Of Election Staff: What You Should Know Before Applying (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: As An IT Support Staff, What Course Can One Study Online by BBQZ: 6:20pm On Mar 07, 2023
Information Technology Infrastructure Library ITIL V4. Make sure u take the actual certification exam. Relevant in any enterprise / infrastructure environment globally. Thank me later
Re: As An IT Support Staff, What Course Can One Study Online by Nobody: 6:54pm On Mar 07, 2023
GeneralShepherd:
This question is impossible to answer reasonably without more context. For example what do you support in your current position? End user devices, servers, SCADA systems?

If I assume you support end user devices, what os are the running? Windows, Mac, Linux?

So you need to share more about what you do and where you want your career to go

I work in a firm at Abuja whose IT department includes sub-units and one of such Power where we are responsible for managing/repairing the power appliances (such as ups) and power sources that power them (such as sockets) ......
Re: As An IT Support Staff, What Course Can One Study Online by Nobody: 6:58pm On Mar 07, 2023
Barywhyte:
A lot of idiotic comments in this thread

By the way, OP, what exactly are you supporting? What's your daily job like? And what the hell is power unit? You want to start from there?

The IT dept has sub-units and one of such is Power. We are tasked with the responsibility of handling power concerns (such as fixing /repairing ups, sockets, ac etc)

Have been here for close to 5 months and need courses / certifications to add to my experience should I look for offer else where.

I want to leave Abuja
Re: As An IT Support Staff, What Course Can One Study Online by ib22003(m): 7:57pm On Mar 07, 2023
As an IT Support Staff, there are various online courses that you can study to enhance your skills and knowledge. Here are some suggestions:

CompTIA A+ Certification: This is a foundational certification that covers hardware, software, networking, and security. It is ideal for entry-level IT professionals.

Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA): This certification is for IT professionals who want to specialize in networking. It covers topics such as routing and switching, network security, and wireless networking.

Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA): This certification is for IT professionals who work with Microsoft technologies. It covers topics such as Windows Server, SQL Server, and Office 365.

ITIL Foundation: This certification is for IT professionals who want to understand IT service management. It covers topics such as service strategy, service design, service transition, service operation, and continual service improvement.

Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP): This certification is for IT professionals who specialize in security. It covers topics such as access control, cryptography, and security architecture.

Amazon Web Services (AWS) Certified Solutions Architect: This certification is for IT professionals who work with AWS. It covers topics such as AWS architecture, deployment, and security.

These are just a few examples of the many online courses available for IT Support Staff. You can choose the one that aligns with your interests and career goals.

2 Likes

Re: As An IT Support Staff, What Course Can One Study Online by Barywhyte(m): 8:02pm On Mar 07, 2023
kiako:

The IT dept has sub-units and one of such is Power. We are tasked with the responsibility of handling power concerns (such as fixing /repairing ups, sockets, ac etc)

Have been here for close to 5 months and need courses / certifications to add to my experience should I look for offer else where.

I want to leave Abuja

I know nothing about the bolded. And this is nothing close to information tech.

1 Like

Re: As An IT Support Staff, What Course Can One Study Online by Nobody: 9:31pm On Mar 07, 2023
ib22003:
As an IT Support Staff, there are various online courses that you can study to enhance your skills and knowledge. Here are some suggestions:

CompTIA A+ Certification: This is a foundational certification that covers hardware, software, networking, and security. It is ideal for entry-level IT professionals.

Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA): This certification is for IT professionals who want to specialize in networking. It covers topics such as routing and switching, network security, and wireless networking.

Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA): This certification is for IT professionals who work with Microsoft technologies. It covers topics such as Windows Server, SQL Server, and Office 365.

ITIL Foundation: This certification is for IT professionals who want to understand IT service management. It covers topics such as service strategy, service design, service transition, service operation, and continual service improvement.

Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP): This certification is for IT professionals who specialize in security. It covers topics such as access control, cryptography, and security architecture.

Amazon Web Services (AWS) Certified Solutions Architect: This certification is for IT professionals who work with AWS. It covers topics such as AWS architecture, deployment, and security.

These are just a few examples of the many online courses available for IT Support Staff. You can choose the one that aligns with your interests and career goals.

Thanks for this.

What electrical electronics course is relevant for firms such as in the banking sector, or in telecom companies
Re: As An IT Support Staff, What Course Can One Study Online by Chidoy: 12:25am On Mar 08, 2023
KOLLEE:

What of for someone that want to learn but doesn't have any background knowledge but wants to learn a lucrative IT skills?

You can learn one IT skills or the other irrespective of your background knowledge. The only thing it requires from you is determination and effort.
Re: As An IT Support Staff, What Course Can One Study Online by GloriousGbola: 3:49am On Mar 08, 2023
kiako:
As an IT support staff in the electrical (power) unit, what course can one run online that is relevant to this...

I want to increase my value in that regard.

You have not provided enough information.

It support in the power unit

Are you managing the ups? Stabilisers? Inverters and backup generator?

Server room?

What exactly do you mean power unit?

You need to clarify.
Re: As An IT Support Staff, What Course Can One Study Online by DrDeuce: 5:55am On Mar 08, 2023
Good luck. 👍.
Re: As An IT Support Staff, What Course Can One Study Online by ImperialYoruba: 6:27am On Mar 08, 2023
kiako:

I'm in the power unit.

Power-what?

Generation, transmission, distribution

I dont believe you are in IT. Maybe your question should be reframed to say, you work for an electrical company, interested in IT, and what is a lucrative specialization to go into?

Moreover, I read further into your followup responses.

When you repair ups, electrical outlets, fix wall switches, fans and so on, it is called facility tech, not IT.

In support role in any field, customer service is a primary role. Master how to relate facts, you will need it to build trust with customers.

2 Likes

Re: As An IT Support Staff, What Course Can One Study Online by DissTroy(m): 6:56am On Mar 08, 2023
kiako:
As an IT support staff in the electrical (power) unit, what course can one run online that is relevant to this...

I want to increase my value in that regard.

Cybrary and Microsoft have free professional IT support and cybersecurity certificate courses. Then you pay to take the certificate qualifying exams.

During the lockdown, it was free and subsidized. Harvard, Oxford, and MIT had many subsidized professional certificate courses and programmes during the Lockdown and I took many, earning myself many verified certificate courses.

Take courses from the Project Management Institute too. I took a Project Management courses there

Many of you missed chances during the Lockdown while some of us spent that year taking as many certificate courses as possible and even becoming popular on Twitter for a while for publicizing subsidized certificate courses.

Good luck!

1 Like

Re: As An IT Support Staff, What Course Can One Study Online by ib22003(m): 9:02am On Mar 08, 2023
Both the banking sector and telecom companies require a variety of electrical electronics courses to support their operations. Here are some examples of relevant courses:

Digital Signal Processing (DSP): This course teaches how to process and manipulate digital signals such as audio, images, and video. Telecom companies use DSP extensively in their voice and data communication systems, while banks may use DSP in fraud detection and prevention systems.

Microcontroller Programming: This course teaches how to program microcontrollers, which are small computing devices that are used in many electronic systems. Banks and telecom companies use microcontrollers in a variety of applications, such as security systems, access control systems, and smart card technology.

Wireless Communications: This course teaches the principles and techniques used in wireless communication systems, including cellular networks, Wi-Fi, and Bluetooth. Telecom companies use wireless communications extensively, while banks may use it for mobile banking applications and wireless payment systems.

Information Security: This course teaches the principles and techniques used to secure electronic systems and data. Both banks and telecom companies require strong information security measures to protect their sensitive data and prevent fraud.

Power Electronics: This course teaches the design and analysis of power electronic circuits, which are used to convert and control electrical power. Telecom companies and banks may use power electronics in a variety of applications, such as power supplies, battery charging systems, and uninterruptible power supplies.

These are just a few examples of the many electrical electronics courses that may be relevant to banks and telecom companies. The specific courses required will depend on the nature of the organization's operations and the specific roles and responsibilities of its employees.

kiako:

Thanks for this.

What electrical electronics course is relevant for firms such as in the banking sector, or in telecom companies
Re: As An IT Support Staff, What Course Can One Study Online by Nobody: 12:11pm On Mar 08, 2023
GloriousGbola:

You have not provided enough information.

It support in the power unit

Are you managing the ups? Stabilisers? Inverters and backup generator?

Server room?

What exactly do you mean power unit?

You need to clarify.

You just mentioned all : managing UPS, Stabilizers, Backup Generator etc
Re: As An IT Support Staff, What Course Can One Study Online by Nobody: 12:49pm On Mar 08, 2023
ib22003:
Both the banking sector and telecom companies require a variety of electrical electronics courses to support their operations. Here are some examples of relevant courses:

Digital Signal Processing (DSP): This course teaches how to process and manipulate digital signals such as audio, images, and video. Telecom companies use DSP extensively in their voice and data communication systems, while banks may use DSP in fraud detection and prevention systems.

Microcontroller Programming: This course teaches how to program microcontrollers, which are small computing devices that are used in many electronic systems. Banks and telecom companies use microcontrollers in a variety of applications, such as security systems, access control systems, and smart card technology.

Wireless Communications: This course teaches the principles and techniques used in wireless communication systems, including cellular networks, Wi-Fi, and Bluetooth. Telecom companies use wireless communications extensively, while banks may use it for mobile banking applications and wireless payment systems.

Information Security: This course teaches the principles and techniques used to secure electronic systems and data. Both banks and telecom companies require strong information security measures to protect their sensitive data and prevent fraud.

Power Electronics: This course teaches the design and analysis of power electronic circuits, which are used to convert and control electrical power. Telecom companies and banks may use power electronics in a variety of applications, such as power supplies, battery charging systems, and uninterruptible power supplies.

These are just a few examples of the many electrical electronics courses that may be relevant to banks and telecom companies. The specific courses required will depend on the nature of the organization's operations and the specific roles and responsibilities of its employees.

Boss, seems you're in this field too ?

Also in a scale of demand, which and which is the top three that can take positions 1, 2 and 3 in terms of demand / viability ?
Re: As An IT Support Staff, What Course Can One Study Online by KOLLEE(m): 1:54pm On Mar 08, 2023
Chidoy:

You can learn one IT skills or the other irrespective of your background knowledge. The only thing it requires from you is determination and effort.
Please which one is lucrative that can be easily learned with determination?
Re: As An IT Support Staff, What Course Can One Study Online by GloriousGbola: 5:00pm On Mar 08, 2023
kiako:

You just mentioned all : managing UPS, Stabilizers, Backup Generator etc

What you are doing is actually called facilities management.

Where is your predecessor? What is his career path? I know a guy who oversaw the server room then moved to facilities mgt and is now procurement manager.

I cannot see a definitive it path based on facilities management.

1 Like

Re: As An IT Support Staff, What Course Can One Study Online by EshjayLee(m): 6:21pm On Mar 10, 2023
dasdexter:
How does one apply for finance aid, i can't find the button to apply on coursera

You can find it at the top of the school descriptions. Financial Aid available.
Re: As An IT Support Staff, What Course Can One Study Online by ib22003(m): 6:11am On Mar 11, 2023
This i cannot answer, i am not in this filed.
kiako:

Boss, seems you're in this field too ?

Also in a scale of demand, which and which is the top three that can take positions 1, 2 and 3 in terms of demand / viability ?

Re: As An IT Support Staff, What Course Can One Study Online by Jossyfine(f): 4:05pm On Aug 01, 2023
Check in here for Free Online Certification online courses 👇👇👇

Look at what I've found on Alison:https://alison.com/?utm_source=alison_user&utm_medium=affiliates&utm_campaign=33119897
Re: As An IT Support Staff, What Course Can One Study Online by RegArmani: 9:49am On Nov 09, 2023
kunle75:

You are on point this shall be a good start for him.

I ran dame course in 2020 its takes 6month for to round up because of work and family but it pays off

Greetings, bro.
Pls, how can I get to you for guiding.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

N-POWER LAGOS Alimosho LGA. Meeting Point / Otti Plans To Recruit 5,000 Teachers / Dangote Interview In Lagos, poorly Coordinated

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.