Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,088 members, 7,849,408 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 08:50 PM

Precautions Of Fertilizer Application - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Precautions Of Fertilizer Application (394 Views)

Farmers Pleaseeee Assist Me With Fertilizer Application On My Backyard Garden / Buhari Orders Reduction In Price Of Fertilizer From N5,500 To N5000 / Urgent! Help, What Brand Of Fertilizer Is The Best To Use For Maize And Cowpea (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Precautions Of Fertilizer Application by VEEKIAGRO(f): 2:22pm On Mar 07, 2023
Precautions of Fertilizer Application:
i. Note that there is sufficient moisture in the fields before applying fertilizers.

ii. Ensure uniform distribution of fertilizer on the entire area of operation.

iii. Avoid hot-hours or the day while applying (broad-casting) a fertilizer.

iv. Choose a fair weather day preferably for broadcasting.

v. Do not top dress the fertilizer when the crop leaves are wet otherwise burning and scorching of leaves may occur.

vi. Confirm the compatibility of fertilizers before mixing.

vii. Place the fertilizer at least 5-8 cm below the soil surface.

viii. Cover the fertilizer furrow immediately.

ix. In double band placement open the bands by keeping nitrogen the planted row in centre.

x. In ring placement open the ring near the active root zone of fruit plants (corresponding to the circumference of shoot system).

xi. Avoid drilling of fertilizers and seed together especially of legumes as even a small amount of fertilizer may damage germination.

xii. Check choking of the tube from time to time.

xiii. Select only spray-grade urea for foliar spray.

xiv. Prepare fresh solution for each spray.

xv. Avoid spraying during hotter period of the day. Spraying in the evening is preferred. Spray again if it rains immediately after spraying.

xvi. Urea used for foliar application must not contain more than 1.5% biurate, a compound which is highly harmful to the plants.

xvii. Foliar application of fertilizers should be avoided on the crops having very small leaves i.e. compound leaf system.

xviii. Bulky organic manures should be applied to the field soil one month before sowing while cakes 8-10 days before sowing so that decomposition may take place properly and, nutrients are available for crop growth.

FOR MORE INFORMATION AND INQUIRY ON FERTILIZER AND AGROCHEMICALS, CONTACT OR VISIT US AT VEEKI AGRO SERIVCES LIMITED.
TEL: +2348081051381
WHATSAPP: +2347049816745
EMAIL: veekiagro@gmail.com

#agro #growth #drilling #broadcasting #email

Re: Precautions Of Fertilizer Application by JealousCobra(m): 2:48pm On Mar 07, 2023
VEEKIAGRO:
Precautions of Fertilizer Application:
i. Note that there is sufficient moisture in the fields before applying fertilizers.

ii. Ensure uniform distribution of fertilizer on the entire area of operation.

iii. Avoid hot-hours or the day while applying (broad-casting) a fertilizer.

iv. Choose a fair weather day preferably for broadcasting.

v. Do not top dress the fertilizer when the crop leaves are wet otherwise burning and scorching of leaves may occur.

vi. Confirm the compatibility of fertilizers before mixing.

vii. Place the fertilizer at least 5-8 cm below the soil surface.

viii. Cover the fertilizer furrow immediately.

ix. In double band placement open the bands by keeping nitrogen the planted row in centre.

x. In ring placement open the ring near the active root zone of fruit plants (corresponding to the circumference of shoot system).

xi. Avoid drilling of fertilizers and seed together especially of legumes as even a small amount of fertilizer may damage germination.

xii. Check choking of the tube from time to time.

xiii. Select only spray-grade urea for foliar spray.

xiv. Prepare fresh solution for each spray.

xv. Avoid spraying during hotter period of the day. Spraying in the evening is preferred. Spray again if it rains immediately after spraying.

xvi. Urea used for foliar application must not contain more than 1.5% biurate, a compound which is highly harmful to the plants.

xvii. Foliar application of fertilizers should be avoided on the crops having very small leaves i.e. compound leaf system.

xviii. Bulky organic manures should be applied to the field soil one month before sowing while cakes 8-10 days before sowing so that decomposition may take place properly and, nutrients are available for crop growth.

FOR MORE INFORMATION AND INQUIRY ON FERTILIZER AND AGROCHEMICALS, CONTACT OR VISIT US AT VEEKI AGRO SERIVCES LIMITED.
TEL: +2348081051381
WHATSAPP: +2347049816745
EMAIL: veekiagro@gmail.com

#agro #growth #drilling #broadcasting #email

Interesting.. do you have branch here in Benue?

Farmers like me would like to invest in your products.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Palm Tree Plantation For Sale / The 4 Broiler Breeds And The Ones That Grow Taller And Fatter In Shorter / I Need Casual Farm Work Urgently

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.