Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,053 members, 7,863,737 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 02:56 AM

An Idle Heart - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / An Idle Heart (246 Views)

Instead Of Staying Idle And Begging. I Did This / Idle Talk, A Sign Of An Idle Soul / What Are Idle Words (Matthew 12:36)? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

An Idle Heart by jonatoye(m): 7:47am On Mar 09, 2023
~~~Daily Spiritual Digest~~~

Focus: An Idle Heart

The word for today 
The key to living a life free from sin is to allow the word of God to take preeminence in your heart. When your heart is idle the evil one rules over it to perform its enterprise!
Scriptural Reference
"Your word I have hidden in my heart, That I might not sin against You." (Psalm 119:11NKJV)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
When you make God's word the foundation of your thoughts and actions, you create an environment in which sin cannot thrive. However, when your heart is idle or filled with things that are not of God, the evil one can gain a foothold and work out its own agenda in your life.

The importance of the heart cannot be overstated. It is the source of all that we do and say, and it is the place where our true motives and desires are revealed. When the will of God is the foundation of our heart, by the virtue of God's word, we can do His will and walk in righteousness.

In Joshua 1:8, God instructs Joshua to meditate on His word day and night as a prerequisite for success as they advance toward the Promised Land. This same instruction applies to us today. We must get busy with issues concerning the will of God and allow His word to shape our hearts and minds.

As we meditate on God's word and allow it to take root in our hearts, we develop a deep and meaningful relationship with Him. The goal of hiding God's word in our hearts is not just to avoid sin, but to draw closer to Him and become more like Him in every aspect of our lives.

Is the word of God in your heart?

Lord! Let your word take preeminence in my heart in Jesus' name. Amen!!!

Emphasis
When the word of God rules in your heart you will not sin against God!

Have a Gracious Thursday!

(1) (Reply)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 17/03/2023 / How Prophet Kingsley Accurately Predicted China, Taiwan Faceoff, Organises 7 Day / What Is Quiet Time And How Do I Observe It?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.