Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,076 members, 7,825,398 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 01:16 PM

Why I Am Not Happy On My 76th Birthday - Pete Edochie - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Why I Am Not Happy On My 76th Birthday - Pete Edochie (41028 Views)

Chika Ike's Dress At 76th Cannes Film Festival In France / Pete Edochie Celebrates 76th Birthday Today| Pictures. / Idowu Philips Mama Rainbow Celebrates Her 76th Birthday With Beautiful Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Am Not Happy On My 76th Birthday - Pete Edochie by slowice(m): 11:59am On Mar 11, 2023
God1000:
No sane nigerian is happy at the moment.

3rd march was my birthday and I was very sad too, I didn't even celebrate it

I'm beginning to agree with joseph de maistre, according to him, every nation gets the government it deserves

Birthday mate grin ....i didn't celebrate mine either because it is a sad time for Nigeria. All well meaning Nigerian should genuinely be worried for this country and for our future as a nation .

It's begining to look like a facade. Is there hope for a better Nigeria or are we just deceiving ourselves and letting greedy few to keep lying to us?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I Am Not Happy On My 76th Birthday - Pete Edochie by membranus: 12:01pm On Mar 11, 2023
ruggedboych:

Who donminate all the markets in Lagos??

Obedients😁🤣😂

They sell to you at any amount they like and there's nothing you can do about it

So Obidients have become Dangote which sells sugar, cements, salts and spaghetti and will soon begin to sell petrol to everyone in Lagos?

So Obidients have become Nestle, Cadbury, Coca-Cola, Nigeria Brewery, Total, Mobil, MTN, Glo, FBN, GTB, UBA, Nigeria Distillery, which have the biggest shares of marketing sectors in Lagos?

Besides gala, spare parts, stolen phone and computer sets, clothings and shoe wares, and maybe pharmacies in inner Lagos Islands and Ikeja and Agege environs, where else do your Igbo Obidients dominate the huge Lagos markets?

Keep deceiving yourself.
Re: Why I Am Not Happy On My 76th Birthday - Pete Edochie by Sleekfingers: 12:01pm On Mar 11, 2023
God1000:
Famous veteran Nollywood actor, Pete Edochie has said he was unhappy as he clocked 76 years.

In a video shared on his Instagram page, he expressed his reasons for unhappiness.

I’m not happy because I can’t go to bank to withdraw my own money, Pete Edochie says

He said, “I’m 76 today and thank God who has brought me thus far. I should be happy today but I’m not because I can’t go to the bank to withdraw money which belongs to me and was told it’s for my own good.

“I can’t go to the filling station and buy fuel for my car, again must be for my own good. Electricity has been epileptic and has even now become worse. Elections manifest themselves as selection and tried to find out why but no one offered any explanation, so I said to myself, ‘Pete, it must be for your own good’.”

Pete further expressed grievance i no the video caption, said “I have observed the events in our Nation for the past few weeks as it unfolds and I have chosen a special day like my 76th year on earth to address that in few words.

I have deduced that Being a Nigerian is a full time job. Being a Nigerian comes with an inherent perpetual anxiety. We need explanation. Or is it all REALLY FOR OUR OWN GOOD?

“Was the Presidential election an ELECTION or SELECTION? We need EXPLANATION as a NATION,” he wrote.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CpfFYLsP0tO/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

How that one take concern me , if you are happy or not?
Oga, go and sit down somewhere
Re: Why I Am Not Happy On My 76th Birthday - Pete Edochie by babamoha(m): 12:03pm On Mar 11, 2023
The ones that are happy in Nigeria are the political class and the ruling class.
Re: Why I Am Not Happy On My 76th Birthday - Pete Edochie by Sleekfingers: 12:07pm On Mar 11, 2023
Pathfinder2090:
Tinubu must return that stolen certificate for all of us to be happy again..

Return to who? To that dreamer called gringory Pit-ass Obituary?

For your information, there is nothing anybody can do about it. Tinubu don enter already.......and after May 29 , if anybody try any bullshit, na inside jail Dem go rot or die untimely
Re: Why I Am Not Happy On My 76th Birthday - Pete Edochie by PHZADDY1(m): 12:10pm On Mar 11, 2023
God1000:

I'm beginning to agree with joseph de maistre, according to him, every nation gets the government it deserves
3rd march was my birthday too but I never even smile talk more of celebrating since them do that SELECTION on February25th

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I Am Not Happy On My 76th Birthday - Pete Edochie by HellVictorinho7: 12:10pm On Mar 11, 2023
God1000:

must u agree with joe?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I Am Not Happy On My 76th Birthday - Pete Edochie by PHZADDY1(m): 12:11pm On Mar 11, 2023
Sleekfingers:

For your information, there is nothing anybody can do about it. Tinubu don enter already.......and after May 29 , if anybody try any bullshit, na inside jail Dem go rot or die untimely
A fool and more
Re: Why I Am Not Happy On My 76th Birthday - Pete Edochie by PHZADDY1(m): 12:14pm On Mar 11, 2023
membranus:

So Obidients have become Dangote which sells sugar, cements, salts and spaghetti and will soon begin to sell petrol to everyone in Lagos?

So Obidients have become Nestle, Cadbury, Coca-Cola, Nigeria Brewery, Total, Mobil, MTN, Glo, FBN, GTB, UBA, Nigeria Distillery, which have the biggest shares of marketing sectors in Lagos?

Besides gala, spare parts, stolen phone and computer sets, clothings and shoe wares, and maybe pharmacies in inner Lagos Islands and Ikeja and Agege environs, where else do your Igbo Obidients dominate the huge Lagos markets?

Keep deceiving yourself.

Are you from the dirtiest tribe in Nigeria?
Re: Why I Am Not Happy On My 76th Birthday - Pete Edochie by Dedeity: 12:16pm On Mar 11, 2023
sukkot:
grin this crazy ass nigga yo ass too old to be wailing. pete shut yo ol patriachal misogynistic archaic ass up mane
A complete idiot you're. Even In your next world, you can't lace his shoe
Re: Why I Am Not Happy On My 76th Birthday - Pete Edochie by Sleekfingers: 12:21pm On Mar 11, 2023
PHZADDY1:
A fool and more

If Dem born you and your likes well. Make una try any shit after May 29....

I don't know , of you reside in Lagos , but if you do . March 18 , will be the day of judgement in Lagos. ..
Re: Why I Am Not Happy On My 76th Birthday - Pete Edochie by patomberekpe(m): 12:27pm On Mar 11, 2023
chaddy16:
Everyone has the right to be happy or unhappy. As for me, I'm very happy

My people says When You talk in proverb and Still explain it,it mean the dowry of your mom Is in van. PET was talking in proverb not that he's not happy.
Re: Why I Am Not Happy On My 76th Birthday - Pete Edochie by Sholaco: 12:32pm On Mar 11, 2023
You Igbo brother at the CBN made things hard for you ooo with his satanic policy. God punish you all
Re: Why I Am Not Happy On My 76th Birthday - Pete Edochie by Pathfinder2090: 12:37pm On Mar 11, 2023
stuffs2002:

Tinubu : 8 years
North : 8 years
South South : 8 years
North 8 years
IGB0S may try for presidency in 2055

Ode
Re: Why I Am Not Happy On My 76th Birthday - Pete Edochie by Pathfinder2090: 12:39pm On Mar 11, 2023
Sleekfingers:

You are the dreamer here
Your eye go clear soon
Re: Why I Am Not Happy On My 76th Birthday - Pete Edochie by Sleekfingers: 12:40pm On Mar 11, 2023
Pathfinder2090:

You are the dreamer here
Your eye go clear soon

Ok na
Re: Why I Am Not Happy On My 76th Birthday - Pete Edochie by stuffs2002: 12:40pm On Mar 11, 2023
Pathfinder2090:

Ode

Hahahaha. The truth hurts abi.

Na now una eye clear.
You cant sow IPOB and expect to reap presidency
Re: Why I Am Not Happy On My 76th Birthday - Pete Edochie by Auxtan(m): 12:43pm On Mar 11, 2023
HONESTFACT101:
My only prayer as an obedient is that TINUBU should pls prove me wrong Show me that something good van come from APC ......signing out✈

AMEN ......signing out✈
As an Obidient as well, I was only for Obi because I felt he was better than the rest but if Tinubu performs well then no regrets whatsoever that Obi didn't win.
Re: Why I Am Not Happy On My 76th Birthday - Pete Edochie by ufuosman(m): 12:43pm On Mar 11, 2023
Esoresor:
Everybody is not happy but I’m hopeful things will be fine soon
🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I Am Not Happy On My 76th Birthday - Pete Edochie by PHZADDY1(m): 12:50pm On Mar 11, 2023
Sleekfingers:

If Dem born you and your likes well. Make una try any shit after May 29....

I don't know , of you reside in Lagos , but if you do . March 18 , will be the day of judgement in Lagos. ..
you think everyone stays in your glorified slum?Mugu.
Online miscreant
Re: Why I Am Not Happy On My 76th Birthday - Pete Edochie by whippersnapper(m): 12:53pm On Mar 11, 2023
jnrbayano:

D for Dimeji Bankole
speaking of the dimeji. heard tinubu said he will give him minister of petroleum. seems lobbying are in full swing
Re: Why I Am Not Happy On My 76th Birthday - Pete Edochie by anonymuz(m): 12:56pm On Mar 11, 2023
God1000:

the situation in the country is so pathetic that average Nigerian is no confused. Not knowing where we are going whether intellectual or non. Tired.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I Am Not Happy On My 76th Birthday - Pete Edochie by amdoyin82(m): 1:03pm On Mar 11, 2023
chaddy16:
Everyone has the right to be happy or unhappy. As for me, I'm very happy
you dey mind the tribalistic bigots.. they are not happy..oin! They should go and hug transformer nau..awon werey gbogbo
Re: Why I Am Not Happy On My 76th Birthday - Pete Edochie by Burgerlomo: 1:03pm On Mar 11, 2023
HBD sir, I wish you long life and good health, Amen.

Re: Why I Am Not Happy On My 76th Birthday - Pete Edochie by Bosdem(f): 1:07pm On Mar 11, 2023
Nobody is happy o. 16th is my birthday, my kids are counting down, hmm
Re: Why I Am Not Happy On My 76th Birthday - Pete Edochie by aylipple: 1:07pm On Mar 11, 2023
Happy birthday to the legend, actor extraordinaire & elder statesman. While I could relate to his grievances partaining to the fuel scarcity crises, cash crunch crises & insecurity among others, I disagree with his grievances about the "election or selection" as he put it.
While the elections weren't close to perfection, any assertion claiming the entire process was fraught with irregularities because one particular candidate that they were all supporting didn't win is faulty; any doubt about the integrity of the elections in one candidate's strong area while neglecting to also impugn the integrity of same in another candidate's strong area is an indication of bias.

You can't agree that one particular candidate ought to score close to 99% of total valid votes cast in their strong areas & upholding same to be a true reflection of the voters'choice there but turnaround to fault another candidate's election in their own strong area where they scored probably between 50-80 per cent of the total valid votes cast there. Afterall, what's sauce for the Goose is also sauce for the Gander.
Re: Why I Am Not Happy On My 76th Birthday - Pete Edochie by Successlane: 1:12pm On Mar 11, 2023
It's a matter of choice sir.

I've chosen to be happy and I am,

As for the Naira/ fuel scarcity and election outcomes, all are the handiwork of politicians.
Not a SINGLE one of them is innocent.
Those protesting are the ones beaten to their games, and na their wahala be dat.

NOBODY can ruin my happiness.

Happy birthday my legend.

1 Like

Re: Why I Am Not Happy On My 76th Birthday - Pete Edochie by aylipple: 1:21pm On Mar 11, 2023
HONESTFACT101:
My only prayer as an obedient is that TINUBU should pls prove me wrong Show me that something good van come from APC ......signing out✈

AMEN ......signing out✈

That's the spirit; I voted LP not because I believed the candidate is the best or I'm an "Obidient" but to satisfy my conscience. After OBJ's 8 years in office as President & now PYO about to complete 8 years as. Vice President, it was only fair that if power MUST return to the South, any other region apart from the SW should've a go at it even if I don't believe in the capacity of the candidate.

Most importantly, I wasn't about to go against my Father's in the faith; they're not perfect & make mistakes as humans but most of them warned us in 2015 but we refused to listen and even though PMB has tried his best esp in infrastructure, diversification of the economy, upgrading & funding of our Armed Forces just to mention a few, we all are witnesses to how insecurity assumed a frightening dimension under this administration & the economy taking a nosedive. I wasn't about to ignore their admonitions this time around after all if PO had won & goes on to perform wonders, it would all be to our betterment same as if the man who has been declared winner now goes on to perform well, Nigerians will be better for it.
Re: Why I Am Not Happy On My 76th Birthday - Pete Edochie by mukthar2000(m): 1:24pm On Mar 11, 2023
HERO be happy pls, ur happiness matters a lot to your fans.
Re: Why I Am Not Happy On My 76th Birthday - Pete Edochie by Konjiboii: 1:34pm On Mar 11, 2023
This election has opened my eyes to see that truly there are people that are evil, this people were not indoctrinated into being evil but were born evil and need to be evil to stay alive. The scary part is that this set of legions are positioned in strategic seat of power but alas we shall overthrow them because our resolve is stronger and unlike them we are ready to die now for our future unborn... So game on.

You die now or die tomorrow, all die na die.

Obi is my President.
Re: Why I Am Not Happy On My 76th Birthday - Pete Edochie by HONESTFACT101(m): 2:11pm On Mar 11, 2023
success1smyn:

I love your positive spirit. Unlike most other Obidients
they fail to see that good can come from anywhere ......signing out✈

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Adam A. Zango Buys Wrangler Jeep, Becomes The First Kannywood Actor To Own It / Ime Bishop 'Okon Lagos’ Leaked DM, Whatsapp Messages With A Lady Surface Online / "Toyin Abraham's Chicken Legs Remind Me Of My Missing Chicken" - Non-Fan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.